One of the things I have always loved about Ingress is that it is incredibly powerful at making and reinforcing human connections. At times like this when Agents experience a loss, many of you have expressed interest in a way to remember friends you’ve met via Ingress. I’m honored to let everyone know that starting today there will be a free 0 CMU Reawakens Beacon appearing the In-App-Store.
With the news of Resistance Agent EllaMinnowPea passing, and her immensely positive impact on the community, the team wanted to explore offering Agents a way to remember their friend. Personally, I think this specific Beacon seemed fitting as a first step towards doing something for those who have given back to the Ingress community. Especially for Agent EllaMinnowPea since she enjoyed what Camp Navarro was about and the MAGNUS symbolism of this particular beacon.
Just so you are aware, there is currently a limit of one free beacon per Agent and the image in the store is the bundle/item image not the image of the actual beacon. Once you obtain the beacon you won’t be able to get again once you use it. More to come on future offerings like this.
In the coming days, you will receive an update to the Ingress Prime Scanner.
- Feature: User Interface (UI) Update 1 implemented. Changes include…
- UI: Updated all Inventory screens for greater visual clarity and consistency.
- UI: Altered aspects of the Key list screen to be more visible.
- UI: Altered the Portal information screen to make certain elements easier to see.
- UI: Moved the Store out of the Inventory screen.
- UI: Added a world map marker to the Deploy screen to indicate where a selected Resonator is or where a new one will be deployed.
- UI: Simplified the layout of messages related to linking. Now all messages appear in a single place, right below the centered Key.
- UI: Updated the look of some of the pop-up (Toast) messages to make them smaller and less obtrusive.
- UI: Added additional toast messages for Inventory interaction to explain why some buttons were/are inactive.
- UI: Added an option in the Key Detail view to expand very long Portal descriptions.
- UI: Tweaked some of the dialogue button layouts to be bigger and easier to click on.
- UI: Added instructional messages under each carousel to inform Agents of their purpose and how to use them.
- UI: Adjusted the item reward box that pops-up after a successful Hack.
- UI: Removed the (X) button and replaced it with a cancel button on pop-up windows.
- UI: The main selected item in the item carousel was made slightly smaller and the unselected items slightly bigger. This helped to reduce the spacing and display more of the unselected items.
- UI: Improved the functionality and visibility of the Link carousel.
- UI: Improved the “More Missions” button.
- UI: Switched the red Compass to dynamic (pointing North) and yellow for static Compass (previously the opposite).
- UI: Addressed some readability issues with certain fonts.
- UI: Changed the background color to match background color of the Mission details.
- UI: Added title to map view and increased size of map.
- UI: Added Agent names to main Portal Interaction view. They will fade in after about a second.
- UI: Dimmed Resonator previews when Portal is neutral.
- UI: Adding commas to item and Key counts.
- UI: Adjusted the size of Power Cube tap button.
- UI: Updated the look of the loading spinner.
- UI: Optimized the animation of the mods when click to expand them. Also adjusted their scale and format.
- UI: Fixed an issue where the mods would not align properly.
- UI: Repositioned the recharge buttons and altered the color of the text.
- UI: Updated Key icon in the recharge screen and altered the color.
- UI: When making a Link the distance will now be more visible.
- UX: Added XM calculations for recycling items by rarity.
- UX: Added Button to Drop a Key directly from Key Detail view.
- UX: When a Portal cannot be charged the text “Charge” is now gray
- Bug: Fixed a memory leak issue related to the Scanner map.
- Bug: Adjusted the item carousel and other buttons to be better optimized for the iPhone X.
- Bug: Fixed a bug causing the top recharge panel to overlap other visualizations.
- Bug: Fixed an issue when interacting with or rotating the map that caused item, Portal, or other interactions to inadvertently be triggered.
- Bug: Updated the end of new Agent tutorial to correctly display the Agent’s name, icon, and recommendations for next steps.
- Bug: Fixed a bug that prevented swiping on the main menu button.
- Bug: Fixed an issue where the end of the new Agent tutorial appears immediately after restarting the tutorial.
- Bug: Fixed bug where a Mod slot would appear inactive when full
- Bug: Fixed an issue where the map on the Missions page was not properly aligned
- Bug: Fixed an issue causing empty Resonators to show up when scrolling the Key List view.
- Bug: Fixed an issue where the main Portal buttons were darkened or invisible after a user cancelled a long press.
- Bug: Fixed an issue where Shards on other Portals could sometimes be seen in the main Portal view.
- Bug: Fixed an issue where the Power Cube view could overlap other user interface elements in the Portal Interaction screen.
- Bug: Fixed an issue where one of the Key scrollbars in Capsule management overlapped Key names.
- Bug: Fixing and issue where the Store close button could be off-screen.
- Bug: Fixed an issue where XM would not show up.
- Bug: Fixed an issue with players getting a double toast message when out of XM.
- Bug: Resolved various Inventory UI bugs.
- Bug: Resolved various bugs with Resonator selection in the Portal interaction screen.
- Bug: Fixed a bug related to field creation.
- Bug: Fixed an issue where an Agent name could overlap the Portal image
- Bug: Fixed an issue causing the Glyph command channel to be non-responsive.
WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON NEXT?
- Improvements to map readability in sunlight
- UI Update 2
- Overall app stability
- Portal Edits & Reporting
- Continued bug fixes and parity
To see a list of known issues go here: http://bit.ly/IngressPrimeKnownIssues
The goal of this monthly Ingress Ask Me Anything (AMA) is to answer questions you may have about Ingress -- within reason and with a few restrictions.
- Write your post in the form of a question.
- Do not ask multiple questions on multiple topics in a single post. One topic per post.
- Be constructive. Rhetorical terrorists and hyperbolic posts are going to be ignored. If there is something you are unhappy with, explain what it is you don't like.
- Be respectful. Ingress isn't perfect. I am an imperfect person. If you are disrespectful, you are going to at a minimum be blocked.
- Don't ask about other Niantic products. This AMA is Ingress focused.
- Read the previous AMA's. A repeat question is likely to go unanswered.
- The AMAs are not a place to seek personal assistance or ask us to research a specific ticket. For support, contact @niantichelp on Twitter or submit a ticket yet for your issue, go to
Tips for getting your question answered:
- Don't write in generalities. Provide details so myself and the team can be informed.
- Don't write lengthy essays or add non-vital information to your post. You should be able to ask your question using only a few sentences.
- Don't use what-ifs or how-abouts. Get to the point.
- Don't write a one-way argument. We aren't debating.
It's okay to have fun with this. We welcome compliments and criticism as long as they follow the rules.
Important: Please do not post requests for new Portals here. All new Portal requests will be removed.
In the community, choose the relevant subcategory and select the Ask a Question Option. To do this, click the arrow next to New Discussion and choose Ask a Question::
Use the following template to submit your appeal:
- Category: [Invalid Portal Report/Location Edit/Title or Description Edit/Portal Photo]
- Title of the Portal:
- Location: [Lat/lon or link to Intel Map]
- Screenshot of the Rejection Email: [Required if you are appealing an invalid Portal report or an edit]
- Photos to support your claim:
Note: Appeals that do not include all requested information will be marked as invalid and won’t be reviewed.
We will post a comment with our final decision after careful review of all information provided in the appeal post:
- Appeal Accepted: We decided to overturn our previous decision.
- Appeal Denied: We decided to not overturn our previous decision.
- Insufficient Evidence - Resubmit: We reviewed your appeal but could not find any evidence to overturn the appeal; Resubmit if you have any additional context.
- Invalid Appeal: Appeal is in the wrong format or the original report has not been rejected yet. Please wait until you receive the rejection email to appeal the candidate.
We're always recruiting more agents for the academy! Weekly Ingress Podcast talking about the latest Ingress news and community happenings. We love getting ideas on how to improve ingress and discuss them each episode as well. You can find us on all itunes, google play, spotify, youtube, twitch, etc. Join the Academy today!
oh hai, I'm chibri. I was one of the Resistance POCs for the Abaddon Prime Chicago anomaly. I was honored to have truly the most unique anomaly role ever in the history of Ingress by having the Hank Johnson NPC spend his day with me so he could strategically generate media artifacts from portals during the anomaly. Also, you can blame me for the infamous buses. #blamechibri
I know there has been much speculation and rumor about what the Resistance did to eke out a win in Chicago. #moneyball I'm happy to clarify what really happened.
I can't promise that I'll answer EVERY question, but feel free to ask me anything.
Welcome to the Ingress Community! We’ve created this space for Ingress Agents of all levels who are interested in connecting with one another to discuss various aspects of the Ingress experience, from gameplay and events to story and support. We encourage you to be active in your discussions and share your experience and perspective with others.
If you need account-specific help, please submit a ticket through in-app Help or through http://support.ingress.com. While we can answer general questions about Ingress, we are not able to discuss account-specific issues in a public platform like this.
Here are some guidelines to help you make the most of your experience in the Community:
I. Avoid Inappropriate Content
We may review the content you create within the Ingress Community and we may remove it if we believe it’s inappropriate. Content that should be avoided includes but isn’t limited to:
- Sexually explicit or pornographic content
- Depictions of graphic or gratuitous violence
- Obscenities, profanity or derogatory content
- Content that promotes illegal activity
- Hate speech or other content promoting hatred against members of a protected group (e.g. racist or sexist content)
II. Avoid Discussing or Promoting illicit gameplay or services
Ingress is meant to be played on your mobile device and get you outdoors to explore the world. Avoid discussions on using modified client software or unauthorized third-party software that violate our Terms of Service.
III. Treat others with respect
It’s in everyone’s best interest to keep things courteous and fun for all in the game, in the Community and in the real world.
Here are a few principles of respect to keep in mind:
- Never defame, abuse, ****, harm, ****, or threaten another player.
- Never violate the legal rights (including the rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Never impersonate other players or Niantic staff.
- Never expose players’ identities without their consent (“dox”). This includes any information about another user’s identity, including their name, phone number, email address or physical address, even if a player discloses that info first.
- Be respectful towards other players. You can share an opposing idea without being rude or offensive.
IV. Don’t post unrelated content or Spam
This community is for Ingress Agents. Keep the discussions to Ingress-related topics. All posts that are solely related to non-Ingress topics will be considered spam and subject to removal and/or disciplinary actions.
As the community grows, there will be more and more resources available to resolve your question. If everyone uses the search box at the top of the page first, we can avoid repeat questions, many of which already have great answers.
Your Community account may be suspended or terminated if we notice unwelcome behavior.