[Idea] Tie submission slots to accepted portals and reviews.

2»

Comments

• Whoab0tWhoab0t ✭✭✭

I think this is a well thought-out idea. In my view, it addresses a lot of the shortfalls of the system, and evens out the burden, for sure. The type of Wayfarer communism I can get behind!!

Anything that lessens the amount of junk submissions is a good thing too.

One of the things that I've always hated about the modern credit system, is that I can't bank a whole pile of credits, and then go to a town in the middle of nowhere and submit 50 good portals, to help build regions with no portals.

This. Absolutely this. Although I don't really play the actual game anymore, I still very much enjoy going out and exploring and submitting a whole batch of waypoints. I would love to be able to submit all I can, rather than submit all I'm allotted, and take pictures for remote submission later (which is impractical, if I visit somewhere far away).

• So this post was created at a time when I was sitting on 2 month long queues for some of my portals. The majority of those portal submissions are still "In Voting" nearly 2 months later...

• The idea is sound but I would not remove others ability to submit unless too many submissions are 1* not meet criteria or worse agent is getting flagged for abuse.

I do agree with idea that agents who get lots of portals approved in game and who get lots of OPR agreements should have a shorter cooldown period (maybe base it on your Recon badge? A bronze gets 14 submissions every 14 days, a silver gets 14 submissions every 12 days, a gold gets 14 submissions every 10 days, a platinum ... etc)

So people who redeem lots of upgrades and spend lots of time reviewing should in theory be able to suss out more suitable portal candidates than someone who just hit their level to submit

I also think training curve should be much better; let a newbie only submit 1 portal per day which is then prioritized and send them detailed feedback if portal is rejected why. After a review period (prob about 14 days) they rank up to regular 14 submissions to use as they see fit.

• @GodZillaz88

The idea is sound but I would not remove others ability to submit unless too many submissions are 1* not meet criteria or worse agent is getting flagged for abuse.

As others have mentioned above, I'd support being able to always submit using the 1 per week submission (which you could stockpile too), regardless of reviews or reviewer rating.

And if you hit cap, while you're at cap, one of your non-weekly submission credits should be replaced with a weekly submission credit so you don't get blocked from submitting 1 per week.

• Updated and reposted on the new Wayfarer forums: https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/24/idea-tie-nominations-to-reviewing

Please continue discussion there.

• FuzzySunFuzzySun ✭✭✭

What discussion?

• FuzzySunFuzzySun ✭✭✭

Clutching at straws.

• If all you have is Debbie Downer Syndrome... why reply?