Portal Submitters - What's the furthest place from your normal area you've put a portal?

Whoab0tWhoab0t ✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in Wayfarer (Archive)

I'm really curious how many of you get around. Where is the furthest place/most interesting place you've submitted a portal, that is just WAY outside of your normal gaming area?

I play in Michigan, and have hundreds of portals on both sides of the state. However, I took a trip in the middle of spring, and although Ingress wasn't my primary focus, I ended up getting five or six portals approved in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (don't ask. I couldn't really eloquate it to the customs officers either. Apparently it's weird to just drive that far for no reason). And one just across the North Dakota border.

It really kind of throws off my submissions map 😂

Post edited by NianticKK on
Tagged:

Comments

• 00Ohno00Ohno ✭✭

My furthest away portal is 1500 miles away. I have since considered submitting one in every state. I have 3 states so far.

• Whoab0tWhoab0t ✭✭✭

@00Ohno that's honestly one of my goals so far. I'd have three states, but my ones in Texas and New Mexico were denied :( (one was a brewery with a suggestive name)

• 1544c1544c ✭✭

Submitted portals outside of lvl16 recharge range.... Whatever that is.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I try with area with low portals Big problem now for Prime are new agent from Pokémon GO often only think on stop in Pokémon GO. They dont like help make Prime better with take nomination in area with low portals.

• 4800 miles. I love in the east coast of the US and it is in Hawaii. I also "discovered" portals in every state on the east coast from NY to Florida.

• vidiconvidicon ✭✭✭✭✭

I live on the east coast of the US, and I submitted a portal in South Korea, but it wasn't accepted. I think that means my farthest accepted portal is in Hawaii, about 7700km from home. I find I tend to submit more portals outside of my normal area of operations than I do at home.

• ManiacDManiacD ✭✭✭

I think my furthest is about 1900 kms away have submitted heaps in the early days around the country when away on work trips

• Whoab0tWhoab0t ✭✭✭

@JorgeLoco that's awesome. I'd really like to visit NZ someday.

• JorgeLocoJorgeLoco ✭✭✭

@xWhoabot - highly recommend it, NZ agents (both factions) are among the friendliest I have met in my travels! Also, NZ is amazing in itself

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

My furthest I still have a key for is 1094km away on the east coast of Mexico. Looking at the map, actually probably one of the planes I submitted at the Airforce Museum in Dayton Ohio.

• DigitalisDigitalis ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

my normal game area is the contiguous usa, and has been the entire time i have played ingress since closed beta.

have submitted portals coast to coast and literally border to border.

would have to use a passport to submit outside my normal area.

• Whoab0tWhoab0t ✭✭✭

@Digitalis #humblebrag

• Lived in Australia, submitted portals in Oakland CA and Los Angeles CA.

• Belgium - New Zealand. So close to 18k. Would need to check the keys when I'm back home.

• DigitalisDigitalis ✭✭✭

@xWhoabot not so much - the extensive travel i did on my employers dime in my personal vehicle is the reason why i started playing ingress, seemed like something fun to do on the road.

i have always given the same answer to this question everytime it has been asked.

i have zero interest in passport based travel. if you never leave a city the country seems big - lesson learned. The country has been big enough to play in i can let the world seem bigger then it really is.

• Another continent.

• Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

On my way back from anomaly in another country. It was big beautiful church in Czech.

Post edited by Patka07 on
  • msz21msz21 ✭✭✭

I live in the US and have gotten approvals in India from when I visited. I have a bunch of upgrades in the middle east that are essentially in limbo.

• 2500 miles away.

• MajeyeMajeye ✭✭✭

I reside in Minnesota and have submitted portals as far away as Washington, D.C.

• I live in Townsville, Australia. I submitted several portals when I was in Korea last year and they were all accepted. I still have the keys. **** to go hack them some day.

• 600KM and change, thats a long way away in NZ

• gagamickgagamick ✭✭✭

1038km to Acquapendente, Viterbo, Italy. It took two days and it was online. So I could still hack it

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

My most remote submissions were in India when I revisited with my parents, brother and sisters (we used to live there). I submitted a bunch in the area we used to live. (Paste 30.456703, 78.089739 into intel, all the portals in that view are my subs).

The most remote one was a temple which we passed several times on the way into Ranthambore National Park. The temple is quite impressive and something like 600 years old, but it doesn't even have photos on Google maps (which also has the pin on the wrong side of the road). Thanks to me, it's a portal in Ingress! (Type 25.992829, 76.371129 on intel to see the portal).

I have to add that most of my India portals were in limbo for a year. They got pushed through with the special feature that makes a sub jump the queue when you get 100 points on OPR.

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

I live in Minnesota, but I’ve put resos on portals in California, Ohio, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa, and Illinois.

• I live in the Northeast of the United States and have portals approved in Taiwan. I suppose if I visit Indonesia or Australia it could be even farther.

• K4CharelK4Charel ✭✭✭

Mine is 6888km away. Holiday sub. Can't wait to cap it!