[BUG] Automatically assigned Upgrades

I recently completed 100 agreements, and got another upgrade. However, when I went to assign it, I found that it had already been randomly assigned.

This has happened to all of my previous upgrades, before Wayfarer, and the most recent one I accidentally hit Upgrade Next on a portal not realizing I couldn't revert it.

However, this time I made sure that I didn't select "Upgrade Next" on any portals, and the system automatically assigned my most recent upgrade to a portal that I didn't particularly want upgraded and isn't of any particular significance.

I would like to choose my upgrades, but I do not wish to choose them in advance, because if something has already gone to In Voting, the Upgrade doesn't do much to improve it.

Can you please fix this issue so that the next time I hit 100 upgrades, I can actually CHOOSE my own upgrade?

Tagged:

Comments

• Not a bug.

It clearly states it in the wayfarer help pages that upgrades are applied automatically if you didn't pick one to upgrade next.

• Ugh, I was reading the "you can have up to 10 available" as something we could choose. Auto-assigning is a horrible idea.

So.. feature request: Don't auto-assign my upgrades.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

FWIW, I agree it would be nice to stack upgrades without assigning them. Per a Niantic Support member, I was told that only 1 upgrade is actively "upgraded" at a time. Right now, I have a dozen nominations with upgrades. If I continue reviewing, it won't be long until every nomination I've made is upgraded, but also not upgraded? Upgrades haven't been doing much in my region, anyways, though.

• @Gendgi

Upgrades haven't been doing much in my region, anyways, though.

Yeah all my nominations are getting into "in voting" and sitting there for more than a month, upgrade or no.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

Heck, I've got an "upgraded" nomination that's been "upgraded" for just shy of a month still in queue, @Perringaiden. I definitely get it.

Awkwardly, since I live & play on the boarder of two regions, I can go to the other side of town and get a nomination accepted in a matter of days WITHOUT an upgrade, vs my several week long upgrade purgatory for the nominations closer to home.

• My thought now is to manage when I mark Upgrade Next and then push out enough reviews to get the upgrade through. Essentially choose the upgrade *just before* it gets assigned.

It doesn't help if I don't have any I want upgraded at the time, but at least it's something.

• @Gendgi - Worse still, the 'enforced' upgrade went through quickly, and was rejected for being on school grounds...

The submission was a plaque in the middle of a shopping district that was celebrating a teacher's accomplishments, as part of a series of accolades of teachers. Nearest school or such is at least a dozen blocks away.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

If it wasn't a playground (usually a church playground) or a park, it gets rejected if it's an upgrade.

Then again I have a church upgrade that is still pending...I really need to open that silly support chat bot....but maybe I'm just trying to see if an upgrade can be stuck for more than a year?