Hank Johnson medal loadout available in the Store

Comments

• Too freaking expensive...

• And it's not even all VR stuff, anyway. VR gear is pink.

The multi-hacks and heatsinks that come with this pack - and which, from what I've seen, are the items that garnered the most complaints - are purple.

That's rare.

• aaronviannoaaronvianno ✭✭✭✭

IMO, more regular inventory space is not needed.

But here are some things to consider.

Since inception a few more items have been added to the inventory. That would use up maybe 100 space of invent in total.

The portal network has grown tremendously. Even if you do have 6 key lockers, you need at least 2 more to realistically balance local play with more strategic stuff. This is the biggest issue that leads to drop offs in regular activity. This is especially true for anomaly goers who have to get rid of 200-500 local keys at a time to have enough space to play at an anomaly.

Unique media items have been released by Niantic that are a bit of a collectible. Another 100-200 space goes there.

• @starwort @ArtilectZed we aren't going to sell additional key lockers, and we aren't going to enable purchasing a 6th key locker, at least in the short term. Instead, we’re working on a monthly subscription program that will include additional inventory space as well as other benefits in 2020.

• The price is too high. If you cut it in half, I bet you'll see more than 2X buyers = more money for you.

• Sin zeny me gustaría tenerlas

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't say anything about buying a 6th key locker, but I get the feeling you're not actually interested in listening to people anymore. You hit that point faster than Krug, grats.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope we never can buy L8 and VR items in store.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

You can't! But instead you can buy a medal, and get free l8 and vr as bonuses. People asking for buying just the medal don't realize it would be same price but without extra items.

• @NianticBrian

I’m one of the many wanting more key lockers, but I would also want a souvenir key “album” only to store souvenir keys. Once you put a key in there, you can’t get it out and use(You can only delete). I have a lot of souvenir keys from traveling that I don’t use but want to keep.

Just an idea.

• I like the idea but have this badge already 🤨

• Honestly, the cost of buying the gear is equivalent to the fuel you use running around to find portals of the appropriate level to farm, if one can't make that high a level portal by oneself (if one doesn't live in a portal dense area or walking/biking friendly area). I don't see any harm in it, You still have to go do the work to use the items.

• stanglifemikestanglifemike ✭✭
    edited December 2019

I'm surprised people are willing to spend $20 to have a medal on their profile!! I wouldn't insert a 2-digit passcode to get the medal for free, I just don't understand what the appeal is. That's probably because I'm not a teenager, since that's Niantic's only target audience lately

I've only opened Ingress a few times since Niantic told the original players to kick rocks and stopped supporting Scanner Redacted. I never had an issue with the original Ingress scanner, and I've been playing since it was in beta and required a invite code from Google. Ingress Prime takes longer to navigate, as it's layed out poor layout. Plus it constantly lags and freezes, and is the ONLY app I have issues with!

And apparently Niantic wanted to see just how bad Ingress could get, because now it's turning it into P2W (Pay2Win). Niantic will soon offer monthly subscription(see: payments) for added storage space.

A lot people saw this coming based on Niantic's behavior over the past year, but that doesn't make it any less unfortunate....

• AnimaIControIAnimaIControI ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

Because selling lvl8 gear, specifically bursters, in the store, especially without limit, would provide a disproportionate amount of strength, to a player that’s willing to drop $100. It would eradicate even the concept of an even playing field. The player that wants to continue to play for free would assuredly lose out. The same goes for VR gear. If an agent has an actual endless supply of it, there’s no reason to be selective with its use. At current the acquisition of gear requires an investment of time, not an investment of money.

• It's too much money. I cannot justify spending £20 to get a medal and a load of gear I neither need nor have the space for. As a newish player (playing properly for about 18 months I think) I'd like to get some past medals, but this is too much. Try selling the medal separate to the gear at a more reasonable cost and I would probably be tempted to collect them all. Instead, I know I can't afford to get additional ones going forward so I won't bother getting any and messing up my medal display.

• Wait you offer donuts?? Lmao, just kidding... I’d love to be able to frack an L8 some day... till then L6 will suffice.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Brian, so did people convince you to NOT include the inventory expansion into paid subscriptions? Remember, paid subscriptions should not include pay to win. If you make an inventory expansion (and it will influence somebody's chances to win against people without it - by simply being able to farm moar bursters earlier), then you should make it available for everyone for free.

• Reading back it seems like players that have 1 anniversary locker can't buy any key lockers, so if they had 0 before that they're locked out.

• JudyBJudyB ✭✭✭

From the discussions at the time, what we saw was that players who "bought" the anniversary locker and did not already have the pack of 5 key lockers were not able to buy the 5 key locker pack. They could still buy 4 more key lockers (subject to the limit of 5 total).

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian

Except there are quite big differences between Key Lockers and simple space, and little can be compared.

1) Key Lockers aren't for everyday use. I'd be sick of moving keys to and from them if I wanted to store my everyday keys in them. This difficulty in everyday use, moving, sorting, is particularly one of things to balance them.

2) In Key Lockers, obviously, you can store only keys. Not Aegis, viruses, etc.

3) Key Lockers are "buy once, your forever".

By just giving space, consider what will happen when this space gets topped up with, for example, Aegis during an anomaly. Obviously that will give enormous advantage to participant with subscription. But let alone Anomalies, a guy with paid subscription and more inventory (thus moar bursters, resos, whatever) has indisputable advantage over unpaid one when it comes to furious battles for farms, neighborhoods, or strategic portals. This shouldn't be the case. Paid subscription shouldn't make gameplay worse for those without it, or make them feel like they're uneven.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Either way they got a free locker. Old players who already had 5 lockers got one extra (and if they got the bundle, 2 free lockers at total). I understand Brian's point. It was an one time deal. It's like someone start asking to bring back one of the global events again just because they didn't get the medal at the time...

• I'd like to see a cheaper option for just the badge.

your asking for £20 a month essentially for a badge and some high level kit.

I pay £20 for my months Netflix and my phone bill.

seems a little steep when it's the players developing the playing field 😁

• edited December 2019

Here's the point from Brian's POV:

1. There is a limit on how many lockers someone can have. It's currently 5.
    2. At one time, people were, as a reward for being there, given a Black anniversary locker.
    3. People who had 5 lockers already were able to break the 5 locker limit by the gift, because it ignored the limit.
    4. People who did not have 5 lockers already were not able to break the 5 locker limit.
    5. The mechanics behind the limit never changed.
    6. In order to allow people with the Black locker to purchase all 5 of the other lockers, would require them to either write special code or raise the limit to 6.
    • Raising the limit to 6 would allow people who didn't get the Black locker to purchase 6 lockers (e.g. 5 pack plus a second red one). They do not want this as it removes the specialness of the Black locker.
    • Writing special code to only count the 5 purchased lockers in the locker limit and essentially separating the Black locker, would require engineers who are busy working on improving Prime as a whole, to focus on something that only affects a small fraction of the playerbase, and therefore isn't a priority.

Does that clear it up?

• edited December 2019

Inventory space is one of the places where a player who doesn't subscribe, isn't hugely impacted or feels punished by no subscribing. Would you prefer:

• Max level 7 until you subscribe?
    • Max recharge range of 500kms unless subscribed?
    • Can't use VR items unless subscribed?
    • 500 item inventory unless subscribed?
    • Mandatory $0.99 subscription for every player, to prove they're not spoofing.

These are all suggestions people have been made that focus on punishing those not subscribed. Ingress shouldn't be doing that. Subscriptions should give a benefit to the player that is not game breaking, and should not punish the non-subscribed players. The game should continue As Is which means finding benefits that while nice to have, are not necessary.

Inventory space is one of those places where extra space is a nice to have, but you can still play with 2000 slots, as evidenced by the fact that we've been playing for 7 years.