The amount of junk being submitted AND APPROVED is insane

Comments

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

The criteria changes, but waypoints that were approved under the old criteria are grandfathered in and remain valid. Since players won't know which wayspots are grandfathered and which aren't, "Doesn't meet criteria" did not become part of the criteria for removal.

• Whoab0tWhoab0t ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

You do raise a good point, but there are still portals being approved under current criteria that do not fit any criteria, and that's mostly to what I was alluding.

But also to your point, I have noticed many more people attempting to submit clothing donation boxes and Goodwills, so I guess it's (simian) see, (simian) do.

(an aside, but good lord, why is that word censored?)

• KliffingtonKliffington ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know why they can't just say things like "Do not put references to the game in your title/description" when you are filling in the sub/and in the guidelines. Little things like this that would at least alleviate some of the headaches but they just won't. It's pretty odd.

• I rate titles and descriptions as follows:

5* - Accurate title/description, no typographical errors.

2* to 4* - Some typographical errors and/or minor inaccuracies.

1* - Title/description is: A) of questionable relevance, B) completely irrelevant, and/or C) riddled with so many typos that it's incomprehensible.

• Estate signs are almost universally accepted now, I've yet to see one denied since this opened.

• The use of pokestops in the justification comes about cause it literally asks them "why is your pokestop submission important", can't hate them for that...

• On my region they are using it on the Description, things like, Place where poke trainer hang out.

We have found many schools that goes live, playgrounds on school, even from some ingress player that are aware of the situation. There should be a penalty to those users that already know the guidelines.

• "Why is your Pokestop submission important?" "because i want one *smacks self in the head with a brick*" "Okay sounds good"

• A very, very simplified explanation:

Usenet was basically a collection of Internet forums before Internet forums were really a thing.

Would you like to know more?

• I hate these. There was one near me called "Santa in the Stream" that appeared to be a figurine no more than 4 inches tall placed in a storm drain. It took 3 or 4 tries to get it removed. By the end I was pasting imgur links into the text box (this was in Redacted when we still had one). That thing was in that location for all of 30 seconds while some idiot snapped a photo for the portal submission who knows how many years ago.

• Can you at least post proof of the coal becoming portals?

Don't tell me later on that you just meant nominations. You clearly have an anti-PoGo agenda so unless you can post proof, stop fear mongering and fake news-ing the place up. It's tiresome.

• There won't be much around me getting approved shortly. The normal this is new and exciting is wearing off per the usual but more ominously the pokemon go activity is down. The normal walk up to at hatch gyms are getting unreliable for numbers to succeed, my little pokemon sits undisturbed in a newly approved car accessible gym for 9+ days, and the rise of accounts is just more multi-accounting. People who had 2 now are working on 3-4. I don't understand how playing like that is fun. I just don't see people putting in the effort to do any reviewing.

• OGMagusOGMagus ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I'm very interested in every on of the the "pogoers approve everything"- , "pogoers deny everything"- and "pogoers ruin my rating"-storylines - because around here, it's business as usual. More submissions, more coal. yes - but new approved stuff seems nominal and my rating and approved% seems unchanged. I too suspect the uptake in reviewing is too small to make a real difference..

Edit: I really don't want to ask for coal, but if you claim your neighborhood is ruined, maybe some examples.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

Im not sure on people claiming neighborhoods are going down hill, as to me it seems to be a general drop in quality standards along the board which seem to be a problem.

Some examples

A costa coffe sign

5 totally generic public footpath signs, not trail markers just footpath signs.

Description as a title

Sorry wrong pic thats the one where i one stared it and then a week later

Temporary art installation and not permanent.

Thats just 8 which have all been 1* and subsequently accepted.

• Can you attest to these portals being new?

There are a lot of awful portals I could bring up that were approved during the Ingress-only era.

Plus, most of those are hardly "animals, people, schools, trees" and other **** that OP brought up. Sure they may not be eligible, but it's easy to see how they got through.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

yeah two generic memorial benches got approved in local park and the person admitted they want to test and see what they could do. I am ready for memorial to be taken off the list completely unless it is a president etc. Elvis is not a good example. Sorry but people are flooding the system again with 1* submissions that have been invalid for a long time.

We need thees added back in as 1*:

Neighborhood entrance signs

memorial benches (rural may need an exemption again)

lake fountains

add to the list.

because it is long.

• But they never left 1*. The issue is that reviewers can choose to ignore the guidelines with zero consequence.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

@Theisman those trail markers should be valid niantic made a bad judgement on those. Quite frankly I am tired of the needs a name as a lot of valid markers are being denied in national parks due to the rule. Quite frankly if it is a directional marker that is permanent it is a trail marker if it looks real and you can tell it likely exists no reason to deny these due to poor judgement on niantic's part. Quite frankly some of the score dropping is due to guide flip flopping especially the pools. I can attest to the confusion even trail markers with valid names are getting denied I have seen this in local community wayfarer chats. Picking and choosing things with a name on a trail marker is causing issues. If they want to make it clear just allow trail markers in the parks and on the trails and 1* directional signs for roadway signs not meant for pedestrians it is just too much mucking things up and quite obvious people ignore it just like the pool guide was ignored. I deny the no name markers but who is to say that others approve it etc. I don't agree with the rule myself but I follow it. I am tired of having to pick through and still not get the agreement. This may sound bad but if the community is approving things that seem quite obvious towards niantics get out and explore or cultural ideas they want you would think they would go by community input and what is passing the system to a point because the guide is supposedly set like this to keep quality so niantic can use it as a selling tool to other companies problem is the guide really hasn't reflected what has been approved for a long time with certain categories. People have made their own judgement and if the community agrees it passes just like how military base guidelines were being ignored. Not all judgment has been good but some are taking advantage and ignoring the rules on purpose.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

that may be so but they aren't spelled out on the wayfarer website and people are saying if it ain't there it is fair game. They left a lot of the wording that made sense on the recommendations in OPR off of wayfarer. They mysteriously removed pools from the approve guideline last week after they brought it back with wayfarer so if people don't see whats valid or niantic turns the guide on a dime in 30 days they are causing a lot flux in voting patterns and causing swings in the reviews. Imagine all the outstanding submissions from the summer you voted based on criteria from then and they just now go to consensus state and niantic has reversed it new reviewers see the guide and start marking a lot 1* what happens your rating tumbles and it goes for the reverse. Or actually followed the AMA guide and rejected pools for the 30 days like they said that agent or trainer probably might be having issues with their ratings by going by what niaops said and not what the community agreed to.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes all of those are new, from about the last 7 - 10 days.

The point is they shouldnt get through, ones a costa bin/sign , who in their right mind would agree that unless they were just agreeing trash.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

Im guessing you're not from the UK, they arent actually trial markers at all, all they are just signs to say there is a public footpath there, not an actual trail.

There are thousands of them all over the UK, and are just generic, you can walk on this path, signs.

• Yeah, this rock just became a portal...

• KliffingtonKliffington ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that's an actual example of a 1* wayspot getting approved

• 0X00FF000X00FF00 ✭✭✭✭✭

Given sufficient evidence to Ingress staff via these forums, they HAVE removed obviously-invalid things in the past. So there's precedence. Do you have an intel link for @NianticCasey or whoever else can do anything about it?

• @0X00FF00 if anyone of them cares enough to reply here, I'll post the link.

• 0X00FF000X00FF00 ✭✭✭✭✭

Historically, they won't even attempt to intervene until AFTER they see any evidence/proof. I'd suggest you post first.