Niantic Reporting

2»

Comments

• RedSoloCup - thank you. I have reported him a few times but nothing is ever done. For me the most disheartening thing about this game is seeing how blatantly spoofers, scrapers and multi accounters get away with all their nonsense. Reporting just doesn’t work. There’s nothing more frustrating than battling an opposing player with limitless supplies and who can move at the speed of light.

• Hi Azhreia and AnimaIControI,

Azhreia I belive it goes against the Community Guidelines, it's nasty game behaviour and a total waste of resources better used against the other team.

But they are blocked obviously and I don't respond. To date he has done this to over 50 of 'my' portals (I know no one owns a portal, but you know...)

AnimalControl - no, I am the only player in this park area and worked to build it up and link it for over a year. I recruited my partner and managed to level up my portals. It was my farm, pretty much the only place I could get gear as my home turf gets attacked daily.

Here's the kicker, we were fairly close friends...until he got a bit weird and professed his feelings for me a number of times. I have a long term partner which he knew.

I really hope this behaviour hasnt been a reaction to this - he has taken out my oldest portals (interesting he knew which they were) and then started flipping L8 linking portals. That's affecting the entire team and is not on.

It's all proposterous really. This is a game. Play it and enjoy it. Don't be a dick to others and if you can't stop - maybe find another hobby!

• theChandi I would suggest you re-read agent protocol for one: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/ingress/?l=en&p=web&s=agent-protocol&f=niantic-player-guidelines

This player has violated guidelines #1, #3 and #4 for starters.

Secondly. I did not claim this player campfires portals. You might want to check that too. I’ve kept this discussion deliberately vague for personal reasons. This player knows where I live and I’ve had to call the authorities on him.

Im more interested in actual discussion than nastiness - so if you’ve got nothing constructive to add. Perhaps this isn’t the thread for you

• theChanditheChandi ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

To date he has done this to over 50 of 'my' portals (I know no one owns a portal, but you know...)

No I don't know. These are not your portals. They are portals any player can use in what ever way they wish. You are never granted portals for your own personal use. In most places you are lucky if a farm lasts more than a few hours before the other faction takes it down. This is actually the aim of the game. If they are stalking you talk to the local police. If they are harassing you on comms report and block. But reporting them for generating codes and capturing your farm is not going to get the result you expect.

• theChandi Sigh. Please read what i'e said properly before mjumping down my throat - IE

" To date he has done this to over 50 of 'my' portals (I know no one owns a portal, but you know...)"

and

"This player knows where I live and I’ve had to call the authorities on him."

Do you understand they are on the SAME team as me? I don't care if the opposition takes portals, but it seems pretty dumb to have your own team member, downgrade a perfectly good portal. Especially one I had held for over 100 days.

I have reported him for comms harassment and revealing personal information - the fact that serious infraction like this that are never acted on that I am more upset about.

• Block them on comms. Reporting them for that will likely result in a warning, possibly a comm-ban and maybe even a strike. None of which you would be able to determine in-game, so saying that nothing's being done is an unfair assessment.

However, reporting them for flipping and downgrading your portals is petty. While that is not sporting of them, it's not against the rules either. Also, if you react to it, you give them the indication that they are getting to you. Just ignore it and keep playing.

• KhaleesiSBKhaleesiSB ✭✭
    edited November 2019

RedSoloCup - I bit the bullet and provided Niantic a detailed report on this agents data scraping (including the site he uses) , comments he has made about spoofing to various locations; And a screen grab of him asking me to help take out guardians (to which I refused). I’ve received the standard response so I don’t know what has happened. But I bet 100 Lawsons that his account will be active today and nothing will be done.

This was my main point. Why should we keep playing a game that doesn’t care about the rules of gameplay? Players are dropping out every day and the defunct reporting system is not helping whatsoever.

IVE JUST CHECKED AND THE PLAYER IS LIVE AND ACTIVE.

NIANTIC YOU ARE FAILING ALL OF US - DO BETTER. ACT.

Post edited by KhaleesiSB on
  • Hi All. I wanted to give you an update. I hope you read this @RedSoloCup

The situation with this agent escalated horribly. He started coming to where I live and flipping my Home Portals around 2am a few times a week. He does not live anywhere near me. He went to where I work and did the same. And to another area I play in. All hugely far apart. All via public transport.

I was getting freaked out by him coming to where I live at night and standing outside for ages. So I called the police as Niantic suggest. This happened three times.

On Saturday night he did it again and the cops who showed were concerned and offered to take out a protection order for me. I asked if rather than having to go to court if they could talk to him and that might make him stop.

last night my account was terminated due to alleged cheating. I DO NOT CHEAT.

Appeal rejected. I’m banned. He is a multi account player and gets off scot free.

Niantic and @RedSoloCup - please do something about this. This guy could have made an account to look like me. I don’t know.

i do know it’s certainly not fun, fair and whatever this game claims to be.

• Sh4p3r extreme words coming from a data scraper. Gerald was verified by another agent. And was observed playing in a different area to me. You frogs believe anything you’re told.

And Green Machine - I recruited him over a year ago. You can check that yourself on your scraping service.

Kindly jog on and stop spreading rumours. One of your ex frogs Appastair is behind this. And he is being dealt with by the police.

This is a GAME - I’ve never cheated. I’m just better at it than you.

laters

Azhreia I belive it goes against the Community Guidelines, it's nasty game behaviour and a total waste of resources better used against the other team.

But they are blocked obviously and I don't respond. To date he has done this to over 50 of 'my' portals (I know no one owns a portal, but you know...)

AnimalControl - no, I am the only player in this park area and worked to build it up and link it for over a year. I recruited my partner and managed to level up my portals. It was my farm, pretty much the only place I could get gear as my home turf gets attacked daily.

Here's the kicker, we were fairly close friends...until he got a bit weird and professed his feelings for me a number of times. I have a long term partner which he knew.

I really hope this behaviour hasnt been a reaction to this - he has taken out my oldest portals (interesting he knew which they were) and then started flipping L8 linking portals. That's affecting the entire team and is not on.

It's all proposterous really. This is a game. Play it and enjoy it. Don't be a dick to others and if you can't stop - maybe find another hobby!

• @Sh4p3r You seem to spend an inordinate amount of time tracking me and thinking about me. I don’t ever think about you.

I am glad to be out of ingress. It was becoming boring. Obsess all you want. I’m out here living my life finally free of lemmings like you.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Sooooo, are we now bringing COMM fights to the forum just to prevent strikes?

Because I'm in :D

• If anybody's the lemming, it's you @KhaleesiSB ... I see your little mule NoGreenMachine suddenly decided to get himself.. no, I mean, you suddenly decided to get that account a cute little rename...

A nice Yoda ring to it, it has.

MandalorianThe.

🤣🤣

Maybe I'll start up a Disney+ sub just to see what it's all about...

• @Sh4p3r Sadly I am neither. Use your scraping tools and you will see quite clearly that I’m not him.

Gerald was never banned his mods and resos live on portals to this day. And I will repeat as you did not understand. He was met by and verified by a Res agent.

Please do join Disney or whatever. You are boring the **** out of me. If I did start a new account I would join ENL. and play dirty like you all do. But, I’ve got more interesting things in my life.

• ntzzntzz ✭✭✭

It's quite funny to see how the trash goes out hehe, look's that the ban was 100% valid if he's doing all you say @Sh4p3r .

• edited December 2019

What about the bullying aspect this player mentioned? Shouldn’t that be addressed too? We’ve got a mother and daughter locally who are on opposing teams but both work together to prevent and block other Enl players. The daughter on Resistance kills fields and links and the Enl mother then immediately relinks to stop other players rethrowing fields! One even admitted over comms they had flipped a portal in a low signal area as the other one couldn’t attack it due to poor signal! They have both been complained about for harrassment and bullying and police were involved by a player who eventually suffered mental health issues because of what they did to them. We complain about their wintrading, behaviour and cheating but nothing is ever done. They carry on because they never face any consequences. How is that in the spirit of the game or a good advert for it?

• That is not harassment, reportable, or a serious offense. It’s game play.

• @ClutterCutter - they are on the same team as me. Not my opposition. I would give a count over the last few days as using at least 50 Jarvis virus - on their own teams portals. Of course it’s fair game if it’s the enemy.

• @ntzz The user Sh4p3r is a known data scraper, guardian hunter and cheat. And super creepy to even involve itself in this discussion.

• That's still not a reportable offense. Players can choose how to interact with portals within the parameters of the game. And choosing to flip them is part of that. How you react to that is also your choice. Ignore it, take exception, whatever it may be, but there is no wrongdoing there.

It's bad sportsmanship, but not against the rules of the game.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm interested to learn how is that a valid point.

• There are no guardian hunters. There are no guardians. That has been over a very long time. No one cares. Play your own game.

• jimsugjimsug ✭✭
    edited December 2019

You know, if you're going to copy and paste the same thing four times, you could at least fix the typos. Also, someone once said, saying something does not make it fact. I can't remember who it was, but does saying something four times make it fact?

Ah, right. Well, maybe this is just an odd case where there's an exception to what you say, and that exception just happens to mean that what you say doesn't to apply to things you do.

Some constructive feedback: good stuff. Focus on the facts of this situation and not just mudslinging. Good ground rules.

More constructive feedback: ah, right. Hrm. Seems like again, something you say doesn't apply to you. Probably just a weird coincidence that you don't like what the other person has said, in both cases. Maybe (this is the constructive part, but I'm not sure how your rules work - do I need to be constructive? Or am I exempted as well?) you youself should try following the rules you set, or claim to believe. (NB: constructive isn't a synonym for sycophantic.)

December 12: I am glad to be out of ingress. It was becoming boring. Obsess all you want. I’m out here living my life finally free of lemmings like you.

December 19: Still obsessing.

Here are the relevant facts: this player plays in a certain way, in a certain area. You posted about it (let's not re-litigate the passcode generation claims), wanting people to do things. These are not against the rules of the game. Now, when people are making claims against you, you're happy to sling mud - a week after you were "out of ingress", by your own admission.

Genuine question: why does this user, whose Ingress account has been permanently terminated for violations of terms of service, still have an active community account? This is a community for people who play Ingress, right? In what ways can an account which has been terminated still play Ingress? This isn't a forum for appealing your termination (that's the help center).

Also, I recently found a way of generating passcodes (not for Ingress), and when I redeem them (using my Ouijo board - not related to a Ouija board) they can tell me the future:

• pctfttjpotcmpm: Yet more obsessing from someone who's been "out of Ingress" for over a week
    • cfjqokpgotqhn: Ad hominem attack(s) against me which don't address the substance of my post, but attempt to discredit me through character attacks
    • idnhqhzvopdr: False and unsubstantiated claims of stalking against me (have you seen a picture of me? I wouldn't walk a step further than I have to trying to get anywhere, let alone stalking anyone)

• @jimsug Talk about obsessing? You’re still going on about me weeks after I’ve left the game. Find another target you ridiculous man-child.