Ingress is ruined

VSSXVSSX ✭✭✭
edited September 2021 in General

Several Agents have stopped playing for the actions of the spoofs in Ecuador, it is a pity that such a beautiful game is ruined by a group of misfits who only play spoofs and destroy what we have built with so much effort, I stop playing when redacted removal, since PRIME is unplayable, has many errors, is very heavy and slow, has many bugs and the battery eats it fast, it was nice with redacted now it is no longer fun, it is frustrating and stressful, it was good while hard and The spoofers finished ruining the game. since that has no arrangement, Good Bye Niantic. Thanks for all the good times, no more bad times.

Post edited by NianticPooja on

Comments

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Not like I want to defend Niantic, but I've noticed some "new" actions" that directly affect cheaters and I would wait a bit more before just leaving.

Just my feeling ;)

• Qu4rdQu4rd ✭✭✭

Don't leave :(

I went into hiatus because I did try Prime and I didn't like it. But people think I quit. One poor soul even revealed in a public group they had bets on me coming back to Ingress!

Honoured....I guess, but in the same time I am genuinely sorry for those who wished I quit for good. Prime is more like a "meh" to me still, but I have faith that someday, someone will listen fairly to the squeaky voices of ours and do something to make it better.

There must be at least some of them in NIA who feels that.

• VSSXVSSX ✭✭✭

Thanks for your words and attention, but the problem is whatever efford you Made in my cell is destroyed by a bunch of spoofers, soo its not fair, like I am one of the cycling Team and when I go to a place, there no one, a spoofer comes, like for me is a sport, but its not fun anymore, its the Report game, we Made 3 or 4 reports a day, and more spoofers come, and Niantic dont do anything, if they can's stop spoofers, the game its ruined, its a laberint without éxit, maybe in another countries have more culture of fair game, but not here in Ecuador.

• The auto closing of spoofer reports is getting old. The same spoofer has killed Lansing/Detroit area farms repeatedly with perhaps hundreds of reports. The spoofer is killing Lansing as I type this. Eyes on the ground verification, too.

• I just want Redacted back.

• Facing the same issue in Delhi,India as well ... Anchors which were setup by me at distant places for big fields are getting spoofed.... And NIA's inability to take appropriate actions against spoofers is ruining this game

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

Report those spoofers to the Trusted Reporters on Telegram.

If you're RES, use @IngressRESTRbot, else @IngressENLTRbot

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

Redacted is not coming back. Leaving it as an option alongside Prime was also not possible. The platform that Redacted/Classic was running on was no longer supported or being updated and Google/Apple mandated it's removal from their stores with all other apps built on the same platform.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

this does not work. Our spoofer flies for 3 years, appears on the most remote portals in the region, and in the middle of the night, and during a thunderstorm, and during heavy snowfalls. We wrote anywhere and it didn’t help. spoofer uses timing.

• I like Prime because the links and fields look way too clear than on Redacted. Other than that - I don't like it. And it drains battery and data quicker.

On the other side, players with rooted phone cannot play Ingress any longer because they're spoofing suspects because Prime detects TWRP. Not sure if they get banned on spot, get a strike or just cannot log in.

Niantic should've let individuals choose whether they want to use Prime or Redacted.

• same thing in my hometown and surrounding cities.. we have one player with 21 verified accounts and he probalby has more.

He spoof and also use them during cargress... Niantic cant do anything it seems becuase nothing happens. I would say that with prime it seems even more safe to spoof than before and quite clearly niantic doesnt really care enough to do anything about it.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

also use them during cargress

Besides traffic laws and risks, whats the problem? It's not agains game rules.

• Are you flipping kidding me? It's OK to play with 21 accounts as a single person...no wonder this game is turning to **** if people don't consider that cheating.

• Not just spoofing, also portals on restricted locations, e.g. militairy bases, are ruining the came for me.

I loved playing the game being outdoors, spend a lot of time playing, but these portals took away the challenge completely and reduced my fun of playing this game.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm talking about using a vehicle to move arround while playing or to reach destination.

Exactly that.

• ok cool then i dont have a problem with that either myproblem is that he is using all of the accounts while driving around aswell :)

i play ingress alot in the car aswell during field ops etc ofcourse.

• Unfortunately cheaters happen in any gaming world. Any gaming world or community rather... not sure why or what allows anyone to think that actually ruins an app or gaming platform or strategy over all. It's a bummer for any of us that throw larger fields. We just report them and move on. No reason it should actually spoil an entire game for any of us or our friends.

• i think the same.. Niantic is not able to stop cheaters.. until these days i was thinking the only solution is allowing fielding under fields as a way to keep playing if you are under a BAF.. but.. the problem is having portals in a restricted area, in mountains or far from cities/towns. with less portals difficult to reach for, the spoofers will ruin less and the effort to recover a spoofer action will be less too

• No its not.

• On any Wayfarer forum, there's always a vocal few who reply to any accessibility post, saying that wayspots are not required to have public access. Restricted locations are inconsequential for PokemonGO, but detrimental to Ingress.

I have a feeling Lightship is going to remove wayspots on military bases and other invalid locations that a mapping program could identify. That would get some of the problem portals.

• Given the recent Foursquare import of POI into Lightship, and the absolutely horrendous quality of those POI, I doubt it.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Spit it out woman! :) :)