Is it just me or IngressOPS has started approving messages manually in the forum?

Either way, I need an explanation on this matter as there is no announcement for this new filtering system in the Announcement sub-thread.

Yes, I believe all of us (if it's affected mass-wide) are owed an explanation before ****-stirring and circle-jerking starts.

Tagged:

Comments

• Qu4rdQu4rd ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

test-post on how long this message will be approved to be posted..

4.19PM MYT (UTC+8)

edit: 4.20PM.

Hmm....Weird.

• Qu4rdQu4rd ✭✭✭

Another issue need to be addressed at Portal Appeal section. As per guideline given:

However, when I want to "Ask A Question", I got this.

😓

• Qu4rdQu4rd ✭✭✭

Tagging @NianticBrian @NianticCasey @RedSoloCup @NianticPooja

certain words cannot be used, I guess. But no announcement on the censored word either. I've looked. Can you pin point me where did u guys made the announcement, as well as fix the 'Ask a Question' section?

Thank you. ^_^

• Hi folks,

This is not a new change, there have always been certain words that are required to be monitored (curse words, words with **** meanings, etc.) that are blocked and will automatically route your post for manual review. I am actually working on a change to this system that will make this process much quicker and easier, more on this soon.

Thanks for flagging the point about the inability to post a question. The reason for this is because you're not following the required first step: select the relevant subcategory. Basically, to be able to post a question, you must first choose whether your appeal fits into Invalid Portal Report, Location Edit, Title/Description Edit, Portal Photos or Misc. Portal Appeals Discussion, to keep the discussions clean and organized.

Hope that clarifies things!

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticCasey has there been a change to the forums recently, today ive both been given a level 3 warning and unable to create new discussions until 2061, while also 3 hours later been told im now Level 4 on here.

Considering 95% of the abuse and spam flags on my profile can be attributed to 2 people im not entirely convinced that the jail tag is fair.

Thats without taking into account I can not post any portal appeals etc until 2061, call me cynical but im pretty sure ingress wont be around then

• Qu4rdQu4rd ✭✭✭

I stay away from those "Yo" thread so my comments don't fall to spams, and I still can't do anything on the issues I mentioned. :/

• Qu4rdQu4rd ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Trying to post this at Ingress Community Feedback but as always, need a manual approval from @NianticBrian @NianticCasey or maybe @RedSoloCup .

Tagging @57Cell or anyone who can post this on my behalf. Thank you.

edit: Guess what. the two delayed posts suddenly got approved after I posted this. Thank you for being fair and not politically inclined to anyone, Ingress Forum admins! <3

• Qu4rdQu4rd ✭✭✭

My post in other thread was deleted by the might hammer of NIAtuhulu!

Come on, @RedSoloCup and other admins @NianticBrian . Be fair please. I just like thanked you guys a minute ago.

:'(

• Qu4rdQu4rd ✭✭✭

More and more antics and I hope someone is not abusing their mod rights to do this kind of thing.

No words that is explicit in my comment, and SHOULD there is one: no announcement of what usage of words are not allowed, nothing.

Trigger happy, I see.

https://imgur.com/a/ytuMyY4

• Qu4rdQu4rd ✭✭✭

Look, bro....

We (or at least I) do need the exact words that are used that are marked as spam so we can fix it or omit it, before sending.

With all due respect, Ingress forum might not be mine or my dad's or my own personal diary/blog/journal, but it certainly not solely belong to you either.

Please understand that this is frustrating a bit, and this hinders many other people who would like to contribute to a more sensible discussions x-fac and globally. No "yo" post or any one word thread, either.

BTW, it still giving me an error despite I selected "the right category" for it.

• Hi @Qu4rd,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate your commitment to improving the Community experience.

Unfortunately, there are some limitations to what we're able to do. For example, the platform on which this is built isn't able to highlight specific words that are caught in our safety filters. I've asked for this feature repeatedly, but unfortunately it's not something that's possible at this time. Additionally, as I mentioned before in other posts, maintaining a list of words that aren't acceptable was a requirement from other teams at Niantic for this platform to even exist in the first place. To that effect, I can't share the list of unacceptable words as some bad actors will use that to bypass these filters.

As I mentioned, I'm working with and around these restrictions to improve everyone's experience in the Ingress Community, including your's. I hear your frustration and I'm working on it.

With regard to the bug you reported, I'll look into this further as this is not the intended behavior.

• Qu4rdQu4rd ✭✭✭

>some bad actors will use that to bypass these filters.

then bad actors can stay bad actors, we lowly agents just want our posts and opinions to be heard. no need the exact words then, just a general umbrella term would be good (just like OPR guide on submission and approval, but for this forum)

btw, thanks for the kind clarification, and i do apologise for calling ingress forum as "bl4rdy" in reddit. will edit it along with your explanation.

• AkceptorUAAkceptorUA ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

The same thing.

I'm truing to do blog-like thing here https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/3567/enlightened-reporters-fotomandri#latest for Ukrainian ENL community and that approval breaks everything.

Niantic seems to be breaking everything they touch to 🤐

• Qu4rdQu4rd ✭✭✭

It's not Niantic, I can assure you that. This is a classic case of trigger happy, but too swamped to do the job fast.

No, don't start suggesting agents as mods. No fun in it. Not even for badges. Lol....

• AkceptorUAAkceptorUA ✭✭✭✭

Nah, they removed a link to Wikipedia from my post.

I believe they just want to avoid bad players everywhere...

1. Spoofers used to guardian hunt - they removed guardian badge
    2. People used to use MUFG for item duplication - they disabled duplication for VR stuff
    3. Spammers can put a link in the forum - they added pre-modertion

But you know, this all causes only sadness.

I already did kind of moderation for badges in OPR and I don't think anyone will do the same stuff here for free.