Ingress Prime 2.31.2 Release Notes

Comments

• You can, but you have to press the portal image to go to remote view on the map, then click on the portal, then click on the image in the upper right corner, THEN click on the "..." in the upper right corner, THEN (gasp!) edit....

• First of all, good job on the new coloring and the portal long press on the map view.

A few complaints:

• The dizzying effect when you press a button - it's dizzying
    • The current AP display on the agent profile - please return it back to the current AP (for example, I'm L11 so 6,853,238/8,400,000 instead of 853,238/2,400,000) and show current recursion's AP instead of just combining it as the lifetime AP. I still want to see my current recursion's total AP.
    • Maybe it's just me but I kinda want to add maybe a few more milliseconds between the glyph display and the glyph input
    • Kinda missing the AP bar beside the XM bar in the map view

Still missing (or want) or bugs?

• Option to pick the ADA voice language (independent from the current system language)
    • I still can't see the MU captured under Activities (using with Japanese system language setting)
    • More contrast!!! Still hard to see neutral portals (no, the slider does not work as I'd like it to be)

Phone model: Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

Android 8.0.0

• Installed the update, looks amazing but there is just one thing.

Feature: Copy portal location to clipboard.

Feature: Tap feedback.

how to do this?

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

I can do location edits from a key of a portal that is not visible (6km away).

Click this to copy portal address to clipboard.

Tap feedback probably refers to the animation that appears now when clicking any button

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic was spun off from Google in October 2015.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

(Gasp!) That's what I did! And the location edit was.... grayed out!

• How about long press on screen for attacking?

• thesolothesolo ✭✭✭✭✭

I just wanted to say thank you. This release was a huge step forward towards making Prime feel like a scanner you can use every day.

It is based on distance to the portal. If you click on the grayed out button it says "You are too far away".

Question is what is the limit:

45 kms away still works.

420kms away doesn't work.

• About the new Glyph animation

The new glyph animation with the flowing movement is awkward and bad!

First, the flickering line is nauseating to watch

Second, the flowing movement goes often exactly the opposite direction that I am drawing the lines (i am left-handed and -viewed). Thus it makes viewing and remembering the glyphing signs unnecessarily difficult, considering that the movement is already faster than in the Redacted scanner.

You should not go this far in the "guiding" of the agents, unless it is required to draw the lines in the shown direction, or if one gets more resources by drawing the lines in the animated direction. If not, then Please, Please, return the glyph lines back to the stable colouring!

Agent #sarrit

• I second the request to remove the portal indicators. They interfere with the gameplay and have made Ingress virtually unplayable now. Surely there must be a simple way to turn off the indicator layer?

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

TSV is a perfectly adequate export type. Tab Separated Values (TSV) and Comma Separated Values (CSV) are some of the most widely supported flat text interchange formats. They have their limitations, but for this purpose, they are adequate.

I personally would have liked signed JSON, and I know others would have preferred a screenshot like before, but this is a really good first step.

• Is it just me, there is a lot of pink in the UI.

And please please allow people to disable the animations, the wobbling inventory starts to give me headaches

• No, it's not a contradiction. A portal I visited 2-3 months, I know the name and I know the general direction of it (because I see it every week on intel). There could be 10 different streets I can take to reach it, and no, I don't know the 10 different ways to get to it but I can see it easily with the scanner. But I need to see in front me, I don't know how to you can consider that an improvement:

Some minor flaws can deteriorate the gameplay experience to be extremely annoying... It's not only the nearby portal location:

• It's the hacked items pop up which is blocking right at 30m and beyond ahead of me, exactly where I'm going and I need to see.
    • Putting the recycle and drop buttons where Recharge used to be... I already heard some people accidently dropping or recycling keys...
    • When you click recycle, the real recycle action button is right at the same place. You want a confirmation of that, you don't put it right on top. That's UI Building 101, don't put your confirmation button right on top of where you entered the confirmation window.
    • The complex glyph sequence was slowed to Redacted speed... We have been on the fastest sequence for 10 months on Prime. You do it for a month and you develop the skills to remember the sequence properly. That's productive gameplay time which is lost...
  • +1 for me as well, that’s what I was thinking today as well

• It is just me having bad RNG or does the "hack with key" button in the portal screen not work anymore?

I've hacked over 200 portals and received exactly 0 keys.

• No funciona la brújula dinámica.

Me agradaría marcar portales para poder llegar a ellos así como cuando se marcan en las misiones,

Falta una opción para desactivar los efectos al seleccionar algo

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

@flyjonny with regard to your screenshot, first tap the hack items box to get rid of it. Then zoom out and rotate the screen until you can see the road you want to travel down. The Nearby Portals indicators should only appear if there are no portals on the screen [if that's not the case then take a screenshot and report it as a bug], so this is not a case of obscuring the navigation to a portal you can already see. And if you can't see the portal, you'll need a Nearby Portal indicator to know which direction it's in, yes? I mean, I can see why some people would rather turn these off and would support a setting to do so, but I'm not seeing the big issue here.

It's the hacked items pop up which is blocking right at 30m and beyond ahead of me

Tap to get rid of it. There have always been hacked-items boxes since the early days of ingress 1.x so surely we are used to them now? Having it in the top half of the screen is surely not worse than having it obscure everything in the action circle.

Putting the recycle and drop buttons where Recharge used to be

Yes I've already complained about that. It was one of the few genuinely bad moves in this update. Having said that, I do not want them to switch it back just when I've got used to the new position.

When you click recycle, the real recycle action button is right at the same place. You want a confirmation of that, you don't put it right on top.

That's not the confirmation button. The confirmation button is the "Do you want to recycle these items? Yes/No" box that pops up after you've pressed that, and it's at the top of the screen so nowhere near the recycle button. In fact, if you only want to recycle one key then double-tapping the recycle button is better than chasing the recycle button all over the screen for three separate presses (the only reason for the second press is so that you can change the number of items that are to be recycled).

The complex glyph sequence was slowed to Redacted speed...

That's productive gameplay time which is lost...

Personally I like the current speed. The minuscule amount of lost time has been compensated for by not having the "3-2-1" countdown.

• Only tried this version briefly today, but it already feels much better. Even the annoying "can't deploy" thing (that for me appears for no good reason) went away in mere seconds.

Thank you!