Ingress Prime 2.30.2 Release Notes

Comments

• @GreenVam an Enlightened skin is a cool feature request, we'll look into what ways we might be able to help agents see or show their faction colors after Redacted is retired on Mon 9/30. In the meantime, the best way to add more green right now is by creating more control fields. 🐸

• edited August 2019

@Muddyeagle thanks for the heads up. Does restarting the agent tutorial (tap main menu ➡️Settings ➡️Restart) then ending the tutorial (after restarting the tutorial and getting through the ADA screens, tap main menu ➡️End Tutorial ➡️End Training) have any effect? I'm wondering if maybe your Ingress account thinks your agent training is stuck in-progress.

• Aww. To bad @NineBerry

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Thank you for your reply. Please "kick" Roland Jarvis))))), and let him finish the patch. Indeed, now even the arrow and the trail after it have the color of resistance. And this is not entirely fair in relation to enlightenment.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Any word on being able to sort keys into alphabetical order of portal title?

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

This feature has been there since at least December???

• The button for the alphabetical key order is under the distance button. They combine both into one @starwort . Im thinking they did it that way because of lack of room.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Look, obviously I do know where the sort button is. The point is that (as posted several times in here and on the subreddit) it does not work and has been broken for almost three months.

• Oh. Yes. That part. Mine does same thing. Its like you put all the keys in a bucket and shake them around and dump them out. There is no order to them at all @starwort. I thought you couldn't find the button. Sorry

• @starwort it works fine for me, haven't seen any portal out of order when I sort by name.

Seems a weird bug to track down.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Cannot reproduce the bug either. Maybe it is a language setting on the phone itself.

• TRIBBLE2331TRIBBLE2331 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Mine seems to be sorting by portal level

.....sort of. It does appear to not be sorting in alphabetical order. Huh. Weird. It’s also not sorting in alphabetical order in redacted as well. Maybe it’s sorting by name and distance at the same time when you select the name option?

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it's some sort of memory corruption bug. When you first load Prime, sort your keys into name order. The order will be correct at this point. Now play Ingress for half an hour. Recharge some of your keys. Maybe recycle one. Suddenly, at some point, when you go to the keys they will no longer be in order, and no amount of messing with the sort-order option will fix it.

People who don't routinely recharge their keys probably won't notice this bug. But portals are dying because of it.

• TRIBBLE2331TRIBBLE2331 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

• @TRIBBLE2331 in your screenshots, it’s sorting by name (A-Z) but looks strange because of the specific portal titles. Special characters, numbers, then letters. So going back to your screenshot, quotation marks, 4, 5, 6, then A-Z.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont get 2.30.2 in Google Play Store. Take mutch longer now when Google take longer time to relese apps and look more on apps after fake apps.

• What happened to the Manage button when adding/removing stuff from capsule?

Lost the button. Still working but probably not what was expected.

• @NianticBrian single layer fields are still hard to see, depending on lighting conditions.

• linking: key selection is cancelled when the first link animation starts.

• @TheCodingFrog it looks like the MANAGE button lost its button outline after starting the app (but tapping the MANAGE text should still work). We're investigating, thanks for the heads up.

• falcobirdfalcobird ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

@NianticBrian

This is what XM looks like with maximum brightness and the 2.30 update. XM looks harder to see than ever before.

Can you PLEASE relay to the UI team that they need to look into contrast issues with Prime for all elements of the UI? We have people in our local group that are color blind and literally have to invert the colors of their games just to play normally. I have excellent vision and even I can hardly see fields when I'm playing in the daytime.

• The update just hit my phone now. Is the change to the "manage" button of the capsules intended? it got way worse than it was before the change... Thanks for the xm visibility change, now i can finally see the xm on the map!

• @falcobird which Android device are you on? Can you also share a screenshot where you're zoomed in a bit closer to your agent avatar (the yellow arrow), like the default zoom?

@Thaldeon not working as intended, the MANAGE button is supposed to have a button outline around the text, and we're investigating.

• MaliciousWolfMaliciousWolf ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

@NianticBrian

Since updating, XM is once again very difficult to see, actually this is the most difficult XM has been able to be seen by me since using the app.

Device: Note 8

Ingress Build: 2.30.2-43590c45

Zoom out example:

Zoom in example:

Also, issue of app not staying in full screen mode after startup still persists, as well as XM bar UI being cut off and activities tab info being cut off which may or may not be related to the app not staying in full screen mode after startup.

XM bar UI cutoff:

Activities tab info cutoff:

Note that in advance display settings of Android Ingress is set to display in full screen mode by default yet it only starts up in fullscreen before having my notification and navigation bars appear ontop again:

• I've been playing for several years and I don't get it why people want to see the XM. The development team should spend time on really important things like profile sharing (to agent-stats) or reducing battery usage. Anyway progress is progress and all improvements are welcome.