Dark mode/day mode

Ingress is basically in a constant state of “dark mode” or “night mode”. I would like to see a “day mode” where the background is all white instead. This would greatly help on very sunny days or over cast days. How ‘bout dat?!?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• NianticScotNianticScot admin
    Answer ✓

@mattyFRAICHE our responses may slow as more people come on the forums but we will continue to try!

The feature...it's a little hard to put into words but in short it changes some of the contrast, saturation, and other parameters. Not every phone is the same and OS plays a factor so there is a degree of variability. What we've worked on can be tuned over time so when you first try it you'll have to let us know how you like it and what still needs to be improved. I can't be more specific than that right now in case something ends up not being released at first, but still our internal feedback has been positive and we are hopeful!

Answers

• Would be neat.

Did Tron ever have a daytime? I can't remember but if so they could do it like that.

• Hey @mattyFRAICHE we are looking at something that should make daytime visibility much improved. It's still being polished so I don't know exactly when you'll see it, but I'm testing it now and think it's great! Hope to hear what you think about it, too.

• That’s for that fast reply. I am amazed with that so let’s hope as this forum grows and the tickets flood in y’all can keep up this effort. Now back to the thread, can you describe better what this day time screen beta(?) is like??

• Answer ✓

@mattyFRAICHE our responses may slow as more people come on the forums but we will continue to try!

The feature...it's a little hard to put into words but in short it changes some of the contrast, saturation, and other parameters. Not every phone is the same and OS plays a factor so there is a degree of variability. What we've worked on can be tuned over time so when you first try it you'll have to let us know how you like it and what still needs to be improved. I can't be more specific than that right now in case something ends up not being released at first, but still our internal feedback has been positive and we are hopeful!

• rediguanarediguana ✭✭✭

Maybe you could share a couple of screenshots at some stage, once it is mature enough?

• JuXasJuXas ✭✭

Free idea for you Niantic - why not to make Ingress game skins community based but sold via Nia shop? Obviously not all the finance to go to Nia but for designer too. Skins could contain pretty much all the in game design done by community creator. That would solve dissatisfaction of the community when it goes to certain aspects of the existing skin.

On top of that - skin change could be reached only from certain level due to not confuse newbie players.

Yes, we know that Ingress has a limited ways of generating revenue for Nia but that would be one part of how to.