Aurora Glyph Challenge may be my favorite event yet

2»

Comments

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried it. Didn't give me the point on a second try of a failed sequence length. The scoring works as intended

• It is cold here in Melbourne. I would have enjoyed this more in summer but still on track to get gold (hopefully)

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had beautiful weather in Melbourne, did most of my hacking in the sunshine. Got gold this morning.

Disliked the event in the beginning, but once you get momentum it gets easier to get through. Will keep glyphing to help the global score.

Seems most people aren't willing to go for the badge or care about it :(

• DrThodDrThod ✭✭✭

I actually did the video to proof you get the point even if you fail. I also posted here - but that one never got any attention.

Actually I had to do my home portal 5 times to get my point. I only recently started glyph hack and my data so far indicates 100% P1, 97% P2, 84% P3-5 and 67% P6-7 (no P8 available where I play). So three attempts failed on the P6 - followed by a water induced normal hack instead of a glyph hack - fifth time was the treat to finally get my point.

On 536 now - my goal 100 each day.

• I've seen some chatter saying that if you abort the glyph hack before the timer runs out, it doesn't count the attempt. Might be worth further testing.

• MaliciousWolfMaliciousWolf ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

This challenge has been physically exhausting... Walked about 22km today while the heat index was 100F+ over a period of 5-6 hours (glyphing takes time and had to take breaks from the heat) just to get 150 glyphs in... I am sitting at 266 glyphs currently, and hope to achieve 500, but this is really pushing me to my limits.

• You can also close the app before the counter is finished/the last glyph is put in. Up to that point the hack isn’t sent to the servers so it’s like it never happened and you can immediately retry upon reloading.