Updates on Ingress Store

Hi, your friendly neighborhood Ingress producer here. I wanted to share an update about recent changes I've made on the Store: I added a new bundle with common Heat Sinks for the Aurora live op for players who could use just a bit of extra help perfecting their glyph hacks. I'm also in the process of updating what items are available on the Store, and at what prices and quantities. I'm making these changes to explore ways to make Ingress more sustainable, and you'll see more updates on the Store and on the Ingress app going forward as we continue to experiment. We're here listening to feedback, and we'll continue to iterate and improve. Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• jsylvisjsylvis ✭✭✭✭

Another thing - based on https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/2952/alliance-of-vanguards-applications I was under the impression this kind of thing was run by the Vanguards so they could advocate for the players.

Do I misunderstand the purpose of the Vanguards?

• jsylvisjsylvis ✭✭✭✭

Right, right.

But was their feedback sought and did they have an opportunity to inform?

It seems like decisions not aligning with popular sentiment would be an excellent reason to include them - help soften the blow through community engagement and PR.

• I noticed the meetup bundle disappeared. I was planning to buy one or two today for the rare heatsinks more than anything :( Hopefully something similar is added. I did get a few of the new bundle but RHS is still a lot more desirable

• I'm not sure if this is the place for this but introducing more new mods would be great. One idea is a mod that increases decay rate and another that decreases it. These would be useful leading up to big ops.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Decreasing decay isn't needed. Just recharge it.

But a away to speed up decay will be very helpful for those who love in small regions with lack of agents.

• @ComChansey the meetup bundle is now back on the Store but without frackers, which I'm testing new pricing on, and I've adjusted the meetup bundle price as well. Thanks for your patience.

• @FanaticRob just a heads up that we banned 22K accounts that were found to be supporting and participating in the illicit trade of in-game items (link). If you know of additional accounts and have not already, please report these accounts to our team via the Ingress Help Center.

• This isn't your fault: I'm still using an old S5 and it runs like a dog (obviously) on Prime.

Yes, I understand RoboVM is... defunct. But [Redacted] still works - why can it?

The frackers doubling IS Noantic's fault. Sheer greed. Double the price double the performance. Or something.

I am probably done, because I cant afford a better phone anyway.

• Hi

I would love to be able to have more key lockers than the 6 we currently have at a max as you can never have too many keys. Even increasing it to 10 would be a huge help, more would be even better but anything would be appreciated.

How about a possibility of breeding key lockers and a media locker (my son collects media, I think he has most of the ones that have been released).

I am sure there are other mods that could be introduced as well, maybe an increase in storage as per Pokemon Go/HPWU.

Thanks

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

The reason why Redacted has to be retired has been explained many times. It is based on long obsolete code that is no longer supported and is going to be removed from App/Play Stores by Apple and Google whether Niantic likes it or not.

• (Newbie member to these forums, it won't let me post the quoted url of the post I wish to reply to)

"The reason why Redacted has to be retired has been explained many times. It is based on long obsolete code that is no longer supported and is going to be removed from App/Play Stores by Apple and Google whether Niantic likes it or not."

@SoylentGrien that's a fair cop, I didn't fully comprehend that the Google and Apple stores will remove it regardless of what Niantic wants.

That means I AM done then :) It has been a blast!