Random banhammers everywhere!

1235»

Comments

• Let's do the math, 8k banned users were utilizing a spoof plugin so they woud have gear to play daily 👍🛑 these bans were legit

• Make that 22k accounts, not 8k apparently.

https://nianticlabs.com/blog/cheatingupdate-081419/

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

And yet, it still seems like spoofing hasn't slowed down one bit. I'm not sure what to make of all this.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Depending on where you are. Where I am spoofers are rampant. Living in a high profile does that, and makes me groan.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

About a hundred from 22,000 reinstatements. Ok.., but still the perception gap is lacking.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember how during the Dark XM event we had to capture 400,000 additional portals over the baseline and no one thought it would happen? I guarantee that the majority of the 22,000 bans were bots detected during this event.

• caderouxcaderoux ✭✭✭

This is highly unlikely since that was a capture event and captures are not invisible to normal players. Most bots act silently.

• caderouxcaderoux ✭✭✭

You are absolutely right. You could also add that those 5 falsely banned accounts could make up 10-20% of an active community in a small city, and the declining players situation is a vicious circle - fewer players means less teamwork, means less incentive for everyone to play.

As example, we saw 4 new ENL players banned locally, 1 reinstated, others seem to have started new accounts. No change overall in terms of bot effects (maybe no one here was actually using bots). But ENL could have lost equivalent to maybe 10% of their active player base, and Niantic lost some amount of goodwill from their balance sheet.

So in terms of perceived effects to players, not terribly positive. If players weren't seeing a bot problem, was it really even happening here?

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

@AeroPlaneJelly I too doubt about your profile being picked as that. I myself have a serious massification of VR stuff, mostly because I'm used to not use it except for specific situations and almost all of it makes it to events, piling up dust in my inventory in the meantime.

I've also exchanged a significant amount of them, almost every time I am the giver, though cuantities are not too high (50 items at most, maybe?).

Pretty much all those items have been hacked by me, one by one.

I've come to think that "unintended" bans were actually intended perhaps to run a test on the appealing system?

About that las bit of the courtesy mail, yes, that would just be nice, but we all know is not possible: the more info Niantic gives away, the harder to catch become cheaters.

I'd say you should keep on trying to appeal, but you look a bit fed up, as many others are. Cheer up!

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

@MyTHstery I didn't mean to say that this is the best way for Niantic to communicate with playerbase and I agree with you about dogs (and people), but I stand by my statement: the more info Niantic gives away, the harder will cheaters become to catch.

But, now that I've read that 25 min mail you pasted, I'd say they could perhaps reduce that list of possible reasos.

Also, I believe you can ignore the multiaccount one, but again, that is my experience.

I wish you and your family the best :)

• I’ve seen this in my area, Reported it and nothing ever gets fixed but this is some crazy cheating stuff and it needs to be looked at by the people at Niantic that code the softwarez to stop these one stop shops that do all the cheating for you as I’ve seen several people have these types of bots associated with their portals!! http://www.forum.ganess.eu/portal.php