Machina, are you all right?

My hometown Incheon, South Korea. has intl' airport nearby Seoul.

the reds are such like COVID-19

they disrupt our activities, spread and infect rapidly even ppl eliminate them.

ppl get trouble for play game, we can't handle their infection without burning a lot of gas everyday.

does NIA want to us make only tiny honeycombs by walking?

what is meaning of this game for now?

Tagged:

Comments

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

The game is just more dynamic than before.

You don't have to drive everywhere, if you don't have to.

Much like if there was super active players in your area, then you'd have to play around them.

There is also a PvE task system coming up at MZFPK Anomaly.

As for what the tasks will be after the Anomaly, I do not know

• Nicely done by Ingress Prime Team...I love it.

The Machina should be the dominate of this world. This brings unbalance to this game. It is up to us as agents to hit back & bring balance to this game.

Lovely part is that it also increases the collisions. It feels more like pvp, except we are up against a computer.

I love it, I wish I was their.

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm enjoying the red portals. It's a great addition to the game. Gives people something to do when there is no opposition. Easy to take down and leaves gear behind. Not a big game changer but enough to keep some interest.

• I am trying to understand what you are saying.

Let me try to explain what you are saying...You are saying that red shouldnt be able to link & cross the blue line?

I am actually surprised to see that red & green has captured portal inside blues field. I just noticed that & that shouldnt be allowed according to me.

• ShottixShottix ✭✭✭✭

What about all the people who do have competition locally...

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

Areas with no gameplay have many red portals. It's red because there's no turnover. When a new player starts up they have easy ap to take them down. They are working as they are supposed to. Areas that have turnover don't have them. Looks fine to me

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

Just the end of big fields without any clean to do.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

When a dedicated crew whose sole job is to stomp red portals out of existence is now critical to a box, and gives use to x5-x6 which only had use as pick off singles or low level portals until three months is a combo upgrade. Small upgrade, but certain boxes need more trashcans.

Come springtime this situation may get worse.

• Closer look on the picture, I do understand why players are complaining the way Red Team/machina is acting.

The way the Red team/machina is acting is weird. I think it is a good thing the expansion, but stick to the rules & the primary goal which is Mind Units.

Red team/machina needs to create its own fields & expand 1 by 1. The way it has expanded with links only frustrates players.

Dont get me wrong, I do like that it has been very active, but it has to be fields, not lines and links.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

Machina is like a spoofer, but worse. Why do many agents quit playing Ingress? Because of spoofing. So Niantic's big idea is to bring something like a spoofer, but allows it to cross links? Great idea Niantic. <sarcasm> That will bring more players into the game. </sarcasm> All the cr4p on the ground from destroying even some portals, that surely won't slow the game down any (*cough lagg*), right?

1 Machina portal dumps on the ground

8 resonators

3-5 keys

3-7 mods

Or basically 16 to 20 items per portal.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

It's not just infecting areas with no activity, it appears to just randomly pop up on uncaptured portals, even in areas where players often are active.

You just notice it more in quiet areas as it grows due to nobody killing it.

• I can see the reasons why it might be a good thing in places where there are few players or no competition, but the speed at which it’s growing and the ability to cross links just makes it hard to deal with even for active players and regions.

I spent a few hours fielding a few nights ago and had a link sprout up midway, blocking my path to the anchor and by the time I got home, one more link had already crossed the apex.

Could it just be toned down somewhat or at least the ability to cross links removed? There’s only so much time and fuel one wants to spend on them in exchange for some mods.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

REQUESTING RED FLIPCARD

Or smth to summon

• Machina spreading seems to have gotten out of hand lately. Been watching some annoying links nearby stuck on a handful of red portals at 5% XM since last weekend. They should have decayed by now but most of those portals are still at 5% remaining XM after waiting for 60 hours. A few upgraded and are back at 25%. If I'm not mistaken red portals used to decay daily by 5%. It feels like Niantic changed something regarding this which is getting out of hand rapidly.