After all, what is the function of Machina?

Comments

• saarstahlsaarstahl ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't been able to come up with a counter-strategy. Would you like to share yours?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

Look istanbul and tell me things are under control there @Neku69 πŸ€”

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

You still do not get it:

If you do not have enough players = recruit

If you have linking issues because you cannot get your desired BAF, you can either clean the area or change your plans.

If you are not aware of it, I am having troubles with Machina as well, but rather than complaining on the forum. I'm working on different strategies.

Furthermore, Machina is giving the other faction the possibility to an equal level when they are heavily outnumbered, such as this case.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

Recruiting is basically impossible. If we could recruit more ppl we would have done it years ago. Hardcore ingress agents are like hens teeth.

Also recruit, go **** all those red portals, then do it again, and again, and ...

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh, people's lives are more important. Especially when they just went through 2 more earthquakes.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah goodluck recruiting with the ongoing lag and other issues, im sure that will work

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

1-In my case, I let it grow for personal purposes. I don't stop playing, it's like I'm focusing in other badges.

2-I am watching the neighbouring towns which are mainly POGO dominated and I can see some activity. It seems like red cities are promoting sightseeing (they are cultural cities as well).

3-I did the tutorial with an agent several months ago. Yes, the portals appear neutral to the scanner.

If the portal has no access, you should report it right away @Millopai

• MillopaiMillopai ✭✭✭

wowwww red tourism 😱😱😱 now you overdid the Fake Bot Machina defense

Portal without access (at the moment) does not mean illegal portal. It means that in the current base of players there are no players to access the place. A condominium, for example, therefore, should be neutral and not being captured and released blocking links by a fake bot

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

Just a random thought:

Now that factions have a common enemy, it could lead to new conversations. I'm not saying that the factions should "cooperate" at 100%, but maybe this would help to decrease the toxicity of some communities.

If you are not willing to sit down and dialogue, would you continue to neglect the situation until Machina would have burnt your house already?

This is a win-lose scheme and communities are betting enemy would be busted before theirs. Haha.

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

i understand your concern, but whenever I see a new agent pops up in the comms tab, I PM on the faction chat. Most of the times I do not get a reply either haha.

• PerringaidenPerringaiden ✭✭✭✭✭

If you capture all your portals in an area, Machina cannot expand...

• PerringaidenPerringaiden ✭✭✭✭✭

We now have areas which will NEVER be reclaimed due to the size of the infection.

If these were humans making R1s, you'd be loving destroying them all... This statement makes no sense.

• justmeisterjustmeister ✭✭✭

So do i. I'm not going to hunt down some red spoofer or bot or automated **** is doing. Done something, but i can't even destroy some portals near my place, they are on a park closed due winter season. After a few months, someone can come at least to the conclusion that this part of the game makes no sense? Or is that guy from the wayfarer forum behind this? That one, who got caught by a spoofer that made hem remove the Camp Navarro portals on Antarctica..

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

When the other side actively leaves things alone to break fields when the time is right.

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

I really like this comment. The groups are unconsciously betting who will be busted first. Which team will be able reduce the damage while the other is getting harmed on purpose? That is strategy as well.

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

I agree with the first part, not with the latter. You are only speaking for veteran ones, not newbies. Newbies don't know what the cell score is and they usually link like Machina. Do you know what's the problem with the veterans sometimes towards the newbies? They are so blind with the cell score that they start to bully newer agents until they change the faction or quit the game, that's the biggest threat towards them and not Machina.

One of the biggest complaints about how the game was last year were BAFs because they capped the growth of agents. Now the situation is being reversed and I think Machina is doing its work too, same as quantum removal.