PRIME vs REDACTED

M4NDR4M4NDR4 ✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in General

Look, we all know redacted is going to die in about three months...

Yes, most of us HATE ingress prime, keep playing because we like the scanner and have the option to use redacted, however this is gonna end soon...

My idea or challenge is...stop focusing on bad things...

I challenge you to find GOOD THINGS about the new scanner (Ingress Prime)

Let’s tell other agents why Prime is the next step

Tagged:

Comments

• MajeyeMajeye ✭✭✭

We already have one of these threads/posts called "NO PRIME PLEASE" or something to that effect.

• Prime es bonito. Tiene mucho potencial. Me gusta

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

Prime needs polish and a bit better battery usage, but what I like about Prime is the speed of which I can charge portals, access cubes, and fire off links/fields super fast. I do miss my quick menu access, though.

• sn0nsn0n ✭✭

My phone always has beta releases of Android, may as well also run beta versions of my favorite apps. Prime all the way. Prime keeps getting better!!!

• Fall in love with REDACTED, so rigid touching PRIME

• MaktoMakto ✭✭✭

Was a beta invite and I remember the scanner back at 1.22. prime is in better shape moving forward. Last few bugkills have made it worth playing. Since portal submits are live I haven't opened redacted in 2 months. All I can tell you is to play on it. Buckle up it's going to be a bumpy ride but worth it!

• I wasn't a fan of Prime when I first touched it with my own hands, but I can honestly say I think it's one of those moments where you just hate change.

Been using it for a while now and some of the features that I thought were silly before I am now a fan of and wonder how I managed without them in REDACTED

• Prime will have support, redacted won't... Prime will grow, redacted won't... Long live to prime, or not if they find a better way

• I’m playing on Prime because as you mentioned Redacted will be gone soon, there’s a lot of things I like, which are mentioned above, what I don’t like is the time it takes for the scanner to locate me and let me do anything after being on the road for a while, Redacted was faster at that, and at actually giving me an error message. Prime just puts 2 red brackets far apart with no message in the middle. Logging in every time for some reason, when someone attacks a portal I like to recharge just to mess with them, with Prime I get the notification and by the time the logo comes up and locates me, the portal is already dead. Also, I have a feeling this is normal, but sometimes my xm bar at top left and actions top right just disappear completely, they show up after a few taps on my screen but disappear right after. Can anyone confirm?

• Renaming capsules and inventory management is probably my favourite part. The rest.... Meh.

• IshiraIshira ✭✭✭✭✭

Prime has been my go to scanner now <3

• If prime would get the ability to know when I am exceeding my XM bar when recycling items , a quick start feature and the ability to not speed lock at 30MPH I would be in love.

• DigitalisDigitalis ✭✭✭

prime is fantastic for recharge - can call up a cube for xm as a pop up menu on top of the recharge screen without leaving it. speedy, efficient, awesome.

inventory management is easier in some ways and harder in others. delete objects by type? wow. love it.

trying to dig through inventory for a specific mod? ... eesh, needs some work.

redacted is faster, the map is smoother and loads faster, the inventory in redacted comes up faster. you can throw links way, way faster in redacted.

the game map is harder to use in prime, portals are harder to tell from the scratches in my phone screen during the day. in redacted white portals are very easy to see...prime they are almost impossible to see on the screen.

deployment in prime is ... harder.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

Recharging in Prime is much nicer... until the third or fourth portal, when it stops loading anything, and I'm stuck looking at a screen with sparkles on it. This has been an issue for me since Prime was forced on to everyone last year.

• CoilDripperCoilDripper ✭✭
    edited June 2019

Prime needs feature parity across the board. Its not there. You know what they say, don't mess wit ha classic....

It should have never been released to the public when it was and IMHO it needs another year in beta.

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

@NianticScot So far, I can see Prime is getting better with each iteration, and I'm happy to say that I did over 1 million AP in a day using Prime alone, and even hit LV16 after recursion with it. So, thanks to you and the development team for their diligent efforts, hard work, and responsiveness to the Ingress community. :)

• CybertherionCybertherion ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

I'd in general agree with the positive points posted here about Prime. I would prefer it over [REDACTED] if it would just load. I logically understand that feature parity is a major priority, but I personally think a game that crashes on loading more often than not drives away more new players than it annoys bittervets. I'd even forgive a twice as long loading time IF it loaded consistently. Something that I absolutely love about Prime: Those irritating boxes that appeared on the old scanner when portals are nearish but not in range of the screen are gone. I never even realised they existed when I lived in a portal dense city, but as a rural player being forever told where portals are that are not on my route is irritating to say the least. I could however understand their functionality for new players. Like many others wishing for toggle on/off functions for graphics etc I hope these damn things have a toggle for when they're added to Prime.

I think Prime would be superior to [REDACTED] if it loaded consistently, and that this of all its flaws is the one that I wish was addressed first.

• @Cybertherion you seem to be experiencing more crashes than most, especially anyone who is on the dev team. What kind of phone are you using?

• The controls are a lot nicer: one-finger-rotate allows for one-handed phone use, where in S[R] you have to hold the phone with one hand and move the map with the other.