Lets keep quantum capsules in game

Since the implementing of quantum capsules it become a very inmortent part of the Ingress gameplay. In the time of Covid quantum capsules were widly destributed to the players it showed that even if you are locked at home far from the nearest portal, you can still controle and manage your inventory. it keeps the interest to the game even if you are not able to play in full.

It also become the very importent part of global and local operations, helping to create needed amount of keys even if portal is not convinient to hack (for example, link stars during Dark XM challenges' linkstars in the conditions of very low outside temperature).

For the places with low players concentration quantumes also help players to have needed amount of high level (6-8) stuff with the minimum amount to pley fully. The same with the rare stuff like shields and hack stuff that have a quite low droprate.

It should be mentioned that in my opinion quantumes are very well balanced - if you want to play, you are not abled to have lots of these capsules and neet to prioritize, optimize what stuff is more relevant tu multiply.

After the last anomaly it was stated that quantum capsules will be taken away from the game. I see this discision as very anfairy and one that take the game less complete.

I ask to consider this discussion as a public request to keep quantums in game and ask players that think so to support it and share cases how you use quantum capsules and why these items are important for your gameplay.

Comments

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Then short of forcing more vacations in a time of guarded watchfulness that changes the dynamics heavily in a world of no quantum's for keys. No Quantum for gear fine. Keys becomes a sticking point.

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

I could see an argument for a key replicating capsule option. Not a big fan of it but I can accept it.

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

They need to fix, modify, and add all items with recipes to the Kinect capsules before removing the MFUGs. To include VRLAs and adjustments on others.

example; 20 SBUL, 15,000 XM needed, 20 km to walk, L10 lvl access (removed if recursed) to create 1 VRLA - only one VRLA cooking can be done at a time.

Big price to pay for a VRLA (surprised this is not a pay for item in the store yet)

XM items in higher level (higher quality) to the base recipe should require less items used.

example; 40 L4 resos : 40 L7 resos to make 8 L8 resos.. If L7s are used it should be significantly less amount then the L4s.

Or

10 L8 cubes should not the the same as 10 L4 cubes to make 5 hype cubes.

@NianticBrian

• If you want all items to be KC'ed, they would indeed need to revamp the entire process.

I would personally opt for a complete change of the KC system to the following:

Each item has a KC XM value and a KC distance.

To start a program, you select which item you want to make and the amount you want (obviously limited to a certain amount).

Then it calculates the KC XM and distance required.

You can them use any item (based on their recycle XM value) to reach the KC XM value.

For instance:

Let's say you want to make level 7 resonators.

You select R7 and want to make 20.

Assume a R7 has a KC XM value of 1000 and a distance of 700m.

To make 20 in a single KC, you would need to spend 20.000 XM and walk 14km.

Then you select any item you want to recycle into these 20 R7's, this could be anything from lower level resonators to mods, to keys, as long as you reach the total XM required.

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed with the above, if Quantum Capsules are to be gone, then the Kinetic Capsules need far more programs.

At the moment I only have 2 or 3 QC's where I breed mods - very slowly lol

If KC's can create common mods out of very rare or rare mods, or even from resonators, then that would be fine.

Tried key duplication, but it was too slow to be of any use for a field engine.

Removing QC's and not implementing any balance changes anywhere else will just hurt active players (well slowly lol) and make backpacks redundant (that's good). Though for any active player, you use gear as fast as you get it, so QC's are not very useful in that regard.

• With what do you want to replace quantum capsule? With the kinetic one? These are garbage. The Kinetic capsule recipes are totaly useless (except maybe cube recipe). As long as the recipes are that bad i rather would like to see the kinetic capsule gone.

• I think it would be nice if quantum capsules turned into very rare capsules that just held more. Quantum capsules kind of look like three capsules stuck together, so a “broken” quantum holding 150 items or something would be cool. (I just like the design of quantums and want them to stick around in some form, I guess.)

My guess removing them is a financial decision more than anything. Brian on Twitter talked about the server computational cost of quantum capsules and how that used to be covered by a sponsor.

https://twitter.com/brianrose/status/1567706268361723905

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

My local area played for years, and still is playing, against a multi-accounter.

The solution? Play smarter, not harder.

All the gear and accounts in the world can't make a difference if they don't make it to where they're needed.

(Read as: Fix location spoofing first.)

• NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

The argument for key dupes to remain boils down to whether or not infinite keys to a durable anchor thats been visited once in 10 years of the game is healthy.

Manitoba\Ontario\Quebec all are wastelands due to infinite keys to portals that neither faction has visited in years.

• I want qcaps to continue, because of the key farming aspect. They are great to farm keys from remote portals for a few months/years until they reach decent numbers to use for an OP or to give out to other agents. I think they are balanced, because key farming is very slow, and if there's less then 25 keys of the same portal it takes weeks just to get new ones. It's like investing inventory space on a long term contract to get more keys from said portals over time.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

So if you make kinetic caps for this, the cheats will just breed the gear/keys in kinetics.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Hack mods and cubes are useful. Everything else, not so much. You have to get common to rare programs up and running otherwise. It's limited what kinetics can do.

• Cl4whammerCl4whammer ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

Never used them, i have so many mods just by hacking lower level portals.

I cant even craft lvl 8 burster/ultra strikes with kinetic capsule, its so dissapointing. Iam fine with removing key duplication from quantum caps, i do not see it as replacement when it cannot do the same stuff and has useless craft recipes (pay ada to get a jarvis :D)

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Backpacks will still hold excess gear for cheaters. Backpacks existed before QC and will exist afterwards.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the main problem of QC. You shouldn't be able to get a huge amount of keys by doing nothing

• Kinetic remind me Incubator on Pokemon GO. The only thing that still is lacking on Ingress is obtaining game coin to spend on item in game (like as on PoGO).

• Sorry for the very late reply to this. As MB res I felt I may be able to expand on the comment about Manitoba/Ontario/Quebec a bit more.

I can't comment on Quebec, but for Manitoba and Ontario. The Manitoba portal you see all the links going to is visited several times a year, the longest stretch I know of was about 6 months, which was because of covid. Every trip up meant a lot of keys coming back when at times no one was using the keys. I don't know anyone currently duplicating keys for it, many of us have been recycling them to make room. That portal may be used by res currently, but it was submitted by enl, both teams have used it. Enl used to dominate MB at the beginning, now res is, eventually it will switch back. There has been very little enl activity in a while and res has slowed way down in the last year.

There's two Ontario portals, one is an agents home portal, the other I have always been under the impression it was visited often (there's 4 agents with reso's on it now) because of conversations about restoring portals back when they were being spoofed regularly.

There are no Canadian portals I need more keys duplicated for, the duplicating being removed will have little to no effect on the intel map in Manitoba or Ontario. I will miss duplicating items to be used in the kinetic capsules though.

Both teams need to work on recruitment of more rural players to combat portals that sit forever. The keys being duplicated aren't the issue, it's portals sitting for 3+ years with little to no competition to stop things from getting to the point they're at now. We need more agents.

Years ago here you had to play lots to be on the scoreboard. If you didn't have at least 5k MU in a cycle, you weren't high enough on the scores for your name to show. Now a 1 MU field could put you in the top 2 or 3 on your team.

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭

The portal key should not be duplicable.

I agree with that opinion.

Visiting portals is the very foundation of the Ingress game.

I too benefited from the quantum capsule.

But we should go back to this cool experience again.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I see a very limited number reasons for key duping. Most of that is around tactical portals.

In those specific instances, yes, LIMITED key duping is required.

Example would be, there is a shard, that needs to be transported via said portal, but only one key is available. That key would usually be used to keep portal charged.

By having a limited capacity for key duping, my suggestion is via Very Rare Kinetic Capsules, Dupe 1 into 3? Or use that VR KC to produce a Very Rare Heatsink.

2 keys can therefore be sent out to link to that hard to reach tactical portal for the shard. With 1 in reserve.

In this example, you may have like a day's notice. Plenty of time to walk.

For most, there is no adequate reasons for duplicating keys, when there already great methods to farm LOTS of portal keys, even as a solo player.

Communication with your faction team, to transport keys was and still is the best method

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

Easy for you to say since you have the resources and teammates to help you farm, but for lone wolves out there who aren't interested in duplicating keys, wary of other agents because of their safety, and are unable to sustain their farms because it is getting taken down by their opponents frequently makes it more difficult for them to get their gear and take down fields. They are already spending money to buy fuel for their vehicles to reach those fields. Then they have to pay for gear now? This is just absurd! I have never seen this type of game that preys on its legitimate players for the money.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

?

Still have to go out and play,

Resources are how you manage them, and sometimes I may only have L6 XMPs.

Pokémon GO, Diablo Immortal.

Both demand absurd amounts of money from their players.

Ingress in comparison is absurdly cheap