Friendly portal attacks me when I hack?

2»

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

i think nia is trolling us, suddenly friendly portal zapps i mean cmon 🤣🤣🤣

• Here too with op nord.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Grey portals zap you too.. Coding failure.

Can you imagine new agents trying to play this weekend? Chances to retain those agents?

• hopefully they will have to much to learn to notice the zapps.

• Yup, but not all portals,.. got 2 home portals, both lvl8,.. one don´t attack me, the other one attacs me every time..

• Same here since yesterday! Resistance member getting zapped by Resistance portals when hacking. Infinix X687, latest version of Ingress prime installed....

• Confirm. +1

• Aaannnd... still happening now. Smoke break's over. Needs this resolved NOW, devs.

• They said 72hrs... yesterday. The dev team isn't even in the office.

It's not like cubes don't drop at ridiculous rates these days :-P

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

It isn't a critical bug that has to be solved.

Just an annoyance.

The Ingress devs need a weekend too you know.

They have families to spend time with.

• Having issues with both friendly AND neutral/unclaimed portals attacking.

Frequency of attacks also increasing.

• Enlightened was attacked by a friendly portal when tap hacking this morning

• Still getting randomly stung by friendly portals - any updates?

• 陣営に関係なく反撃ダメージを貰います。

友好的ポータルであっても、規定確率より発生し内部計算から導き出されたダメージをエージェントが貰うようになっています。

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Define ridiculous...

I just did a (drone) glyph hack and got 3 cubes, which is nice. But it's common for me to not get any cubes from 2-3 consecutive correct glyph hacks, so it all balances out.

What is ridiculous is the rate of hypercube production given that we can now have 7 kcaps on the go. Those things are currently consuming cubes faster than I can hack them.

• edited October 2022

Ridiculous given that "in days gone by", cubes were only something you used when required, and 90% of recharging was done by walking (or driving) through fields of XM around portal clusters in a 20 minute lap, because if you used your small supply of cubes, you'd run out very quickly. Before Hypercubes, before high drop rates of cubes. Hell, for the first 6 months of Ingress, cubes didn't exist.

Pre-Covid the cube drop rates were too high to need to use ground XM already, and then they got dialled up for the covid period, and I haven't noticed them go back down yet.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Well we'd have to go and research what happened to the cube drop rate, but I think it went up and then back down again and we are at pre-Covid rates. There may have been something years ago when they introduced the possibility of getting more than one cube from a glyph hack.

Ground XM isn't enough to charge portals today because there are too many portals (yeah I know that more portals also means more ground XM, but only if they're on the road you are are travelling along). In "days gone by" I only had 25% as many keys to charge and didn't use cubes to charge at all.

• Right but that logic you just used is 100% based on the fact that you have tons more cubes and keys, and charge them remotely. If the cube rate drops, people will have to make real choices on what it means to hold territory. Do you recharge harder, build smarter and not try and hold every portal, adjust how you do the recharging by utilizing ground XM near you?

Right now, there's no "choice" because one method is by far more effective than any other, and when people question if sitting on the couch recharging is the right way to encourage, people who can't think of changing are all up in arms about it.

Everyone keeps saying that Ingress is boring and repetitive, but any time the real issues in gameplay are pointed out, there's loud opposition to changing the things that are boring. Recharging was never meant to be a primary activity. It'd almost be better to implement an old suggestion that everyone laughed at (including me) at the time.

"You can't remotely recharge anything within 50kms of you".

Then you can only remotely recharge strategic anchors and you have to be 'in person' for the rest. It would probably break most of the current crop of players though.

• I actually tried that this summer, (resulting in heavy complains from the opposite faction 😂🙈) it was during preparation of kythera part 2, since we had such an amount of portals, and I hadnt place for more keys, I walked by foot recharging every portal once a day. But that I cant ever do again, it would **** local play. Since theres nothing to do when everything has your own colour. But it sure was heavily green. But also, I did not use so much ground xm, the tank is to small for picking up that quantity of xm. The same goes for gear recykled. Cant recykle to recharge, would take to much time, time I better spend farming or fielding. Droprate on cubes is pretty much the same now, as in 2019. At least on p7 and p8, but it falls out a little less hypercubes I would say.

• ... still not fixed...

• It's fixed for friendly and neutral portals. You're always going to get hit by enemy portals.