Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Would love it was activated on the 1st of June for once 😛 The last years it sadly always took a few days up to weeks.

@NianticThia ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Summon Rainbow XM and finally banish the Orange XM

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Please no. It's obnoxious.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Perfect time for Niantic to introduce XM skins and profit....

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

it's liveeeeee

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Summoned best XM color

• AkakunAkakun ✭✭✭

Clown XM is back!

• I wish NIA could have an accessibility option for any time they change the XM colors. 

As a Queer person, I like NIA’s intentions. 

As a person with disabilities, all these different bright colors make it hard for me to play the game. 

Unfortunately the visibility options in Ingress don’t allow me to dim the colors so that I can actually tell the portals from the XM.

• It's better than the 'yellow' masquerading as 'white'. I miss my purple XM.

• I like the rainbow XM, but it's definitely true that it makes portal visibility more difficult.

On another note the word filters here seriously need work "****" being censored in Jo0Lz's post (and probably mine) is a bit much.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

yes at cluster areas with many poi its a mess, u cant see anything like in the image above....

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

This is also due to the fact that the XM layer is drawn multiple times in the image. Restarting fixes it, but it’s been like this for more than a year.

Ah well.

lol, they censor M a k e o u t? Why?

• lol, they censor M a k e o u t? Why?

Because the block list was written by an overexcited pre-teen?

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭

As others have said, it would have been better to show support for LGBTQ-related social movements with player energy gauges, player icons, beacons, etc., rather than XM floating on the field.

For example, as Niantic distributed BLM beacons for free in social movements involving BLM.

Also, and this may be unfortunate, but the fact is that Niantic's other game apps have not made any changes on the field in the LGBTQ social movements that are overtly LGBTQ-related.

I believe that Nintendo and The Pokémon Company also support this social movement, as do Paramount Pictures, DreamWorks Pictures, and Takara Tomy and Hasbro for the upcoming Transformers launch.

However, I don't recall any avatars or other changes being distributed or made on the field in any of the previous social movements involving BLM.

It is already too late this year, but we think it would be good to show our support for the LGBTQ social movement in a way that does not impair the visibility of the field in the coming year and beyond.

Also, since there are good advisors such as XM Ambassadors and Van Gart, I hope that you will have meetings with them and conduct closed beta tests to build a better Ingress Prime app, including the visibility issue of the Prime scanner that exists from the beginning. I hope that you will have a meeting with them and conduct closed beta testing to build a better Ingress Prime app.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree that a Pride Avatar for Ingress, and a Pride tee for Pokémon GO would be nice. Maybe next year.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. Noticed we can no longer track agents via XM vanishing even before Rainbow XM. It's valuable for a number of reasons to see XM vanish and now this seems broken as well.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

It has been broken for at least 18 months. I don't know exactly when, but I made a post about the XM bugs a year ago; no reply.

• TooLegitToExistTooLegitToExist ✭✭✭✭

Its too bright, way too bright

If those xm colours were darker, would be better

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Well personally I like the rainbow XM (irrespective of any social or political implications). Sure there are display bugs, but those aren't specific to what colour the XM is.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

The bugs are not specific to the color of the XM, but are hugely amplified by it.

• undeaddanundeaddan ✭✭✭

There's a bunch of bugs sure, but rainbow xm creates new problems. You can't see green portals on green xm, or blue on blue, you can't see which portals are being attacked on red xm, empty portals are hard to ****, link webs get confusing to follow, I'm sure people could point out more, but tbh that's enough to make me give up of an evening.

If Niantic want to do some kind of pride month recognition, they could a have rainbow energy bar, rainbow beacons, have a link directing people to Apple TV+ or how about just turning down the contrast of the rainbow XM hue?!????

• undeaddanundeaddan ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

Why is m AKE OU t starred out?!

I thought the point of pride is anything goes?!?! 😅

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s not a bug. It’s a UX problem. The bugs are xm duplicated, not being updated in real-time and disappearing. Poor visibility due to the color is a design issue, not a bug.

• undeaddanundeaddan ✭✭✭

Sure that's probably right, but it doesn't change the fact the rainbow XM is making things worse and making new issues through it. I think we basically agree, I'm just leaning more into the rainbow XM😅

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

Yeah, unfortunately it’s not new; it was the exact same a year ago; nothing has been done to resolve the issues in the meantime. Ah well, maybe next year!