Question to active forum members

GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

I want to ask all active players who love discussions on this forum.

At this forum, we have repeatedly tried to communicate with the company. It didn't work.

In this forum, we tried to solve our problems and help improve the game. It didn't work.

On this forum, we have repeatedly tried to stop the company from destructive actions that only destroy the gameplay. This didn't work either.

On this forum we tried to fight against cheaters. This didn't work either.

What to do next in this case? Do we need to continue to "Bang our heads against the wall"? Or maybe if we all shut up together, then the company would have realized that something was wrong?

In any case, if they do not answer us here, you can always transfer communication to another place and communicate with each other. In general, I don’t know how to put it better, but as for me, the forum will not fulfill its tasks, the community manager is not interested in contacts with active people who have "heart hurts for the game." And so, I'm waiting for your proposals ladies and gentlemen.

Tagged:

Comments

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to boycott.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

Some years ago I attended a political protest outside an organization because they had donated a ton of money to a cause that I considered abhorrent. There were hundreds of like-minded people wearing buttons and T-shirts, carrying signs, singing, shouting... all of the things that protesters do.

I was surrounded by people who well and truly believed that they were creating change with their presence at the protest. Though we agreed on our common cause this is where we diverged... I knew that the only thing I was going to accomplish that day was to vent my anger at the organization. I needed to blow off steam, and I needed to do it with a large group of like-minded people.

If you want to vent your anger at Niantic by going silent on the forum then by all means do so.

• what is really needed is a real contact that acts as a link between the forum and those who make the decisions at the top. I consider it important to continue with the forum as we always have.

• This is not a suitable "put up or shut up" response, because

a) I have a better paying job that I already enjoy.

b) Not everyone wants to work on their 'downtime entertainment'

c) A large part of the problem with the Ingress product is the lack of revenue leading to a lack of sufficient staff on the product. Hiring in won't fix that. They already have all the people in place to change the business model, and a new underling won't have the influence to do that.

I would be much happier if the issue was just with no communication on the forum. But it's almost everything.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's anything, they definitely established a solid baseline on communication. Is it acceptable? Absolutely not. Is it consistent? It's one of the few things you can count on Niantic being consistent about.

That doesn't change the fact that the employees are at the mercy of the fanbase - even when it's not deliberate

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no good answers for your questions sadly Greenvam.

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a game. Take it for what it is. The company released it, updates it from time to time, hosts events occasionally. They don't need to listen to anyone because after all it's their game not yours. The players aren't stakeholders, they don't get a vote. Play the game they released flaws and all. Because history....

It's like we're in some sort of sadistic social experiment.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@SSSputnik A voluntary experiment, though, and one that each of us could quit at any time.

True -

But then the green slime will flow unimpeded across my fair city !