XM Ambassadors rotation

Comments

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

In this format, too many uncomfortable questions will be asked that they will not be able to clearly answer. And yes, that would be the ideal format. Unfortunately, we are forced to shout into the void, instead of a constructive dialogue.

I doubt that even yesterday's short dialogue with her will bring any result. I can bet that we will not receive a single major update for more than half a year. The maximum that we will see is bug fixes. We will never be told what the space in the main menu was freed up for, and what the factions are now fighting for. A couple more years of dull monotony and our ship will finally sink. The gameplay of this game after the completion of tessellation reminded me of one caricature. And yes, the painted seal is like an anomaly or another event.

• Wayfarer used AMAs on the forums & people votedd in good ones and popular ones will be asked at deadlines

While name might means anything, defs rules needs to be restricted to topic of choice - ingress

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

She made a small event in a small town. the rest of the world is left without events, plot, clear goals for each of the factions, and so on.

Now about something else. Here is the game. This game was made by a team of 12 people. 12 people!

Mountains of content, 3D models, dialogues, plot inserts and much more. This game was made in a few years and is rumored to have a minimum of bugs.

What do we have? there are more than 20 developers. We have a game that is saturated with bugs, cheating, plot and dialogue inconsistencies. And there is no NEW interesting content for a long time.

- Kinetic capsule? A slightly modified Pokémon incubator.

- Combat beacons? these are the same raids from pokemon go, only even more miserable in their mechanics.

- Drones? this is a remote view of the portal with a model that a professional designer will make in half a day, and the ability to hack the portal without even getting a key.

WHERE IS THE NEW CONTENT?

Why can a team of 12 people make an interesting game and our developers can't?

To be honest? I'm from Ukraine. we have a subscription to the game even in peacetime was not popular. only very big fans bought it. Combat beacons were bought by a few of the thousands of people playing. with the rest of the goods from the store the same situation. These items are REALLY useless. The maximum that was sold was the medals. But before everything was perfect. There were really useful and interesting things, archetype cursors, keylockers and so on.

The game is going down. Reviews in googleplay and evaluation of the game confirm this. Let the developers read AT LEAST THOSE REVIEWS FROM THE APP STORE.

It's still about nothing, boring and sad gameplay, only the community keeps it, wonderful guys. to pour into idiotic Pokemon, they would develop the potential of this game, there is an old and ancient community, there are a lot of adult working people with money, but there is nowhere to spend it, the subscription is zilch, and the rest is not worth attention, it farms in 3 minutes 36 seconds.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello Margarite,

That's great you had a good experience in Jacksonville.

My main issue is, most players of the game are not even in the Americas and these other areas get very neglected.

Yes Asia has a Niantic Ingress presence. Same with Europe, I think. (Very quiet).

• MonkeyPeltMonkeyPelt ✭✭✭✭

Where are you getting the info that Ingress has "more than 20 developers"?

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

The game I mentioned above was made by a team of 12 people. And they also had all those positions in the company that you are talking about. Without these people, you can't sell the game. And we have 20 people who could not make even a tenth of the content of what their team was able to do.

• Sure. But by the same token, no-one has created a "better rival" to Ingress for us all to move to, or we wouldn't be here.

I think Hades Star has only 1 dev.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Or even for the game to survive 10 years.

Do note that using PC games is a bit different than the programming of mobile apps. Actually, I have stated this every time but you have failed to comprehend that and keep comparing apples to oranges.

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes and no. If the only possible rivals to Ingress are "augmented reality, team-based PvP games," then yes, there's been nothing better than Ingress.

On the other hand, it's undeniable that there are Agents who stopped playing Ingress and presumably found something more worthwhile to be doing with their time. I myself shifted much of the time I spent playing Ingress to another game. Ingress has more rivals than "augmented reality, team-based PvP games" because that category is not an immutable need in people's lives.

• edited May 2022

We were specifically discussing mobile game development.

• I think it is good to rotate the XMA's, because in the start the basic was 1/3 of the group low levels. Those agents have moved to high levels. And I think NIANTIC should rebalance the group again.

So or find more XMA's to rebalance the group or restart XMA's with new agents.

Personally I think is better to lose the idea of selecting agents based on level. It is better to select them on play style. And it good to have a balance based where the agent plays.

I did try to read the comments in this discussion, but I skipped the off topic comments.

The only on topic comment I could find it that NIANTIC now only test in big citys in America and only organise small events in America.

I know that there are strong communities outside the USA, but they are in other time zones. And I know that if you want to have input from the around world you need to have three community managers. Or for the XMA's have three super XMA's that keep lines short within their time zone.

So one around Japan, one around germany/england and one around the America.

I like to point out https://careers.nianticlabs.com/diversity/ And that actions or pictures speak and I do not any disabled or people of color on the pictures. I see a lot of white and asian people.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@CarsraC There's also only one person with grey hair, and I happen to know him.

Their careers page is even more telling. https://careers.nianticlabs.com/

I like the idea of 3 super XMA's, perhaps 4 for even better coverage. (Americas, Europe, Japan, APAC).

India/Middle East may be an idea as well.

Japan I think deserve their own.

• For note, Niantic has staff such as Pooja in India, offices in Germany, Japan, Hong Kong, Switzerland South Korea, London as well as the US offices, and plenty of people of colour on staff in the US (including in that video). They are indeed a global company. I can't speak to disabled staff, but their policies and their politics definitely don't preclude them, as well as the LGBTQ+ community.

It is better to select them on play style. And it good to have a balance based where the agent plays.

This is very difficult to select properly and players will always over-emphasise their styles in applications, so it's super difficult. However, I do agree that level is also a bad indicator. Activity level (hours played high and low etc) and play area 'density' (rural vs urban) can be looked at, but play style is very subjective.

I like the idea of 3 super XMA's, perhaps 4 for even better coverage. (Americas, Europe, Japan, APAC).

Vanguards were originally regionally selected, and still exist. Not sure what the difference between an XMA and a "Super XMA" would be though. XMA's are all player representatives, not Niantic 'insiders'.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

This whole discussion suggests a new question... has the XM Ambassador program been successful?

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

I think the bigger question should be, are XMA's bringing any value to Ingress? Has the program been a success or mostly just a fancy tag added to your profile here in the forums? Is there a reason to continue the program?

Sounds like an exclusive club that is exclusively like the rest of the forums.....

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

It's more they are a specific group of beta testing but it feels like there's really nothing exclusive that hasn't already been mentioned in the 10 years of the app's existence. For some reason, Niantic likes to focus on one thing for weeks at a time before they move to another item.

• Re-read this one before declaring the "XMA program is dead", in the same vein as "The Vanguard program is dead" or "We need a new program".

Step 1 is to actually work things out before deciding the 'new path' or the new path, same as the old path.

The old AMA format was OK. Accept questions in the forum, close after X days. Supply answers to those questions.

Ignoring questions, even hateful, trolling one's, is poor form. Just acknowledge them and move on.