Comic Sans event: 500m under-field links

2»

Comments

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Why did Niantic not instead implement previous idea of: stop key dupe in caps and destabilise large fields after X days?

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk ✭✭✭

I think because they want people to play after the tutorial and for people who play casually.

Many of us long term players can wait for days for a overfield takedown and have networks to co-ordinate ops with.

A casual or new player wants to play now.

edited April 2022

The dumbening. Its turning into an Idiocracy movie game.

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk ✭✭✭

Hey I'm not able to play in ops my team coordinates ... Family circumstances. I'm active in my local chats but can't play at night or weekends ... So .... Single player.

I've run a recharge room, a couple of fs, organised some field art.

Yet field ops participation is not something I can do a lot.

Have found the linking under fields to be a hard concept to get my head around .... 500 is very tiny and a causal bit of microfielding is now possible for time poor players.

Hope Ingress is back in Russia soon and you can tell us whether 500m links make a significant difference for your community.

• Because the loud voices would be angry and make them feel bad.

And if you **** up your microfielding you can now go fix it without virus. Lame.

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk ✭✭✭

I think I stuffed up a H4 during Comic sans ... Not sure how but one little triangle was only 3 layers ...

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk ✭✭✭

Crosslinks yes? please where do I sign up! Lol . There's some techniques in homogeneous fielding that use crosslinks .... Lololol

• That neat 500 meter circle, did you make that with a drawing program, or can you do that with IITC? If yes, how?

• I wrote myself a plugin that puts down a 500m semi transparent circle around whatever portal I select. 😁

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering there are a lot of links coming from a portal outside the shaded region...

Also, are you sure that portal isn't leftover gameplay from Comic Sans?