2.91.1 Release Notes

edited April 2022 in Release Notes

What’s New

• Niantic Social is available to all Agents; no invite required. Use Niantic Social to send public or direct messages, share your location, or plan events.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed: Updated font color on dialog text to improve text readability.

• Fixed: Improved Portal Scanning performance.

==============

Today (Monday, 11 Apr 2022), we're launching Regional Chat in Niantic Social in Ingress 2.91.1. Open the Ingress Main menu > Scores > TOP 3 AGENTS See More > Niantic Social to open Regional Chat for the Scoring Cell you're in, for example AM02-DELTA-01. Any Agent, not just the Top 50, can use this channel to chat with Agents in this Cell-specific Faction chat. Regional Chat can help connect newer Agents who are looking to find others who play Ingress nearby. Note: though the icon is there for cells you are not in, at this time, you can only load the regional chat for the cell in which you are currently located.

Additionally, we're expanding Portal Scan Meshing as an optional feature to more Android devices in Ingress 2.91.1. Meshing helps to visualize what has already been scanned to encourage Agents to continue moving around the Portal, which generates higher quality Portal Scans.

Post edited by NianticThia on

Comments

• I'm ready to see it first!!

And thanks to Niantic announcements, I hope that was a sneak preview of "INGRESS 3.0" as the new updated version of "Ingress Prime"!!!

Let's go, fellow AGENTS!!!😎

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

Lag fix when? Was pretty bad those days i played for the badge and the reverse glyphs didnt help exactly

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Did the scaling issue get fixed in this update @NianticThia for Niantic Social?

• K4CharelK4Charel ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

TG message versions is -wrong- now correct 👍

• For MU, same in France

I have read for android 13, you can choose one language for one application, but still nothing sure

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

i dont see MU either since my phone is in swedish... kinda sucks

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

It would help if all actions that generate AP for the player are visible in comms. Like in redacted.

Unfortunately, comms is useless. It’s slow, displays outdated information, lacks own actions and is filled with portal pictures that will randomly not even show the correct picture.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

I am all for small victories, but this ain't even that.

Guess we'll have to see what they come up with in the next two sprints, my guess is another underwhelming update.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Well the some of the changes that needed to happen haven't for Niantic Social.

One being, to a non opt-out feature to show which faction you are on. Not just Ingress but across other games too.

Another being that there is a separate app for Niantic Social.

Problem is that we don't know what the plan is, or features currently being worked on for Ingress or Niantic Chat.

Good to see regular updates 👍

In whatever form they are.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Is this one mandatory update,as usual?

The only thing interesting for me in this build is - will scanning feature work again on some unsupported models after this update,or it will become worse and some supported will refuse to scan(for example due to age). Kinda lottery.

And still no language selector and no MU in comm. Still no "advanced options"(for me i dont like neither fitrep splash neither others,feel my self like i need adblock for ingress). No even working notify sound(it exists in assets but not used from 1.131.2(!!)).

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

Well at least @NianticThia 's 2.91.1 update has now finally materialised,but by the time i eventually get back into Ingress to play (if at all) knowing my luck it may have ended (not that i want it to) as i lost access in December 2019 to play just as i almost hit level 9 bar the medal requirements.

Im not a great fan of 1 feature or fix updates as its a pain to update and then not being able to play due to other bugs that are not being fixed/addressed just makes us feel as players that we are not appreciated or listened to while helping niantic succeed further with a strong player base.

I'd really prefer updates with quite a few reported bugs from the "report a bug" section showing up as full fixes and making use of dedicated agents help by being here on the forum.

Even @NianticBrian & @NianticCasey have disappeared these days.

😢😅🤔👎

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Oh and while i am waiting release also want to know,is abnormal aab size fixed? General "noarch" apk was 164 mb,aab was 200+ mb. Seems aab "designed to use less space" is working wrong OR somebody did something wrong while tried to make universal ios+android build.

• Given how much people complain when they skip a release in a 2 week cycle, we probably should all not also complain that there's not enough in a release.

Either we get what they've produced in the 2 week period, or we wait for a longer period between releases, to have a longer list. Two weeks with lots of fixes isn't really going to happen if they're not actually fixing that fast.

• I would prefer "locale selector", not just "language selector".

The difference: English (US) locale has 12 hour "am/pm" time, and dates in US-style month/day/year format. In turn, English (UK) and English (Canada) render dates in day/month/year format, and the UK locale has 24h time.

Or, get language selector and time/date format selector.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Just received the update,the bug that was plaguing me on the lady update is still present. The whole Niantic Chat UI/UX is oversized and extremely difficult to use.

Still no faction alignment visible in the chat.

So, what exactly was fixed? because the font colour is the same as it was in 2.90.1

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

@NianticBrian @NianticThia Hey! Does anyone hear us? Are you going to maintain a dialogue with your customers?

Read the comments on your latest update and draw your own conclusions.

By the way, here are a couple more screenshots from the new version of the game.

Good update, huh?

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

The apk expansion file was really nothing about saving space but for when an apk was above 100 MB. Android made the use of the bundle for all apps in August 2021.

When you download the apks file, it's going to be everything together. When you update through the store, it's only downloading the partition that's the update.

• GorillaSapiensGorillaSapiens ✭✭✭✭✭

This post should be an "announcement" so it's always at the top in the forum

• GorillaSapiensGorillaSapiens ✭✭✭✭✭

I just downloaded 2.91, and tried a nomination and a drone hack. I didn't notice any large "dialog color change", although I didn't do a screen cap to analyze RGB values. Can you provide some insight as to which "dialogs" have changed? @NianticThia

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Have not noticed any differences. I had made some screenshots on the previous version.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I bet the color change is for missions as that was the complaint made a few weeks ago.