Reporting of non-compliant portals

I don't know if this is the right section to submit the report.

However, I would like to point out that in the area AF11-SIERRA-04 there is a "mafia" that operates on the approval of the Portals. in fact, in the area there are numerous portals located in inaccessible areas, private properties, military areas, hospitals.

To these are added some portals that refer to monuments that no longer exist in reality.

Proceeding with the reporting of the carry is however totally useless. Firstly, because the people who commission you to do the evaluation are the same people who approved them. Secondly, there is no collaboration either from the green fraction (as they use most of these Portals for blocking links), nor from the blue faction, because it is reduced to very few active agents, who have no interest in maintaining a legitimate game.

I hope by opening this post, you can help me get the area back on track.

Bring them to no-entry areas and military zones \ hospitals:

These are the main portals used by my fraction to make the game easy as access to most of these specific areas is limited to a few. Sometimes they also used these inaccessible portals to close the entire area so as not to allow new players of the blue faction to do activities. (not being able to make links and fields, therefore not being able to get AP).

The maneuver of the green fraction then developed into direct contact with the new player, who was told that: "you have to go to the green fraction or we won't let you play"

This is referred to by the local community as protocol six. Personally I was so disgusted by these foul play actions, that I have long ago decided to leave the local green community groups.

I know well, and I understand that you are unable to intervene on every single subject that foul play ... But I hope at least that you can check the permalinks I have inserted above and take measures at least for the removal of these Portals, for the reason given above.

Thanks for your attention and for everything you do.

Regards.

Comments

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

You should report them to wayfarer forum. They are in charge of this.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, use the wayfarer forums for this stuff. I will say, military bases or hospitals can still have portals on their premises, so if you think that's cause for removal, you're going to have a tough time pleading your case. Just because YOU don't have access doesn't mean another agent doesn't.

Honestly, this smells of drama more than anything.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Someone disagrees with you, but I was going to say the same thing

• the question is exactly the other way around .. It is not a question of ME that I cannot access 4 portals inside the military zones. The question is that there is ONE privileged PERSON because he works there, while all the rest of the players can only get to the perimeter and watch the portals from afar.

For the rest, as I explained above, there are many portals that should no longer exist and others that are located in private properties which you can only access illegally.

Don't focus your judgment on military areas only. And you don't see it as my personal drama, I am green, and the majority force here is green. So I could give a damn about everything, instead I'm trying to report several misconduct to improve the game.

If in your opinion it is correct that only a minority can operate on specific portals, then I must think that in your opinion what is defined as protocol six is ​​also correct.

I reiterate what has already been said, making the reports via the ingress and on the wayfarer, to date the situation is unchanged.

It seemed appropriate to me to try a more direct way with the support of the game. Obviously I'm wrong. So it is, and so it will remain ...

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

All POI are now under the Wayfarer team's domain. The Ingress team does not handle invalid POI reports or appeals.

Regarding your comment that only one person can access a particular set of portals, that is still access. It is not required that POI be accessible to everybody or a subset of "everybody". As long as it conforms to other criteria as well, restricted access is still access, regardless of the number of players that have this access.

Portals may exist on private property, as long that property isn't a private single-family residential property.

Your best bet would be to log an appeal on the Wayfarer forum with sufficient evidence if an invalid portal report via Ingress was declined. It will still be up to the Wayfarer team to review that evidence and make a decision to retire the POI or to reject the appeal. Posting here will not get an official review.

the question is exactly the other way around .. It is not a question of ME that I cannot access 4 portals inside the military zones. The question is that there is ONE privileged PERSON because he works there, while all the rest of the players can only get to the perimeter and watch the portals from afar.

I'm not understanding the difference. Find another person who can access it.... I live near a large Army & Air Force base and I've made the appropriate connections to have keys provided and portals capped. I don't have access, but I've figured it out.

For the rest, as I explained above, there are many portals that should no longer exist and others that are located in private properties which you can only access illegally.

If in your opinion it is correct that only a minority can operate on specific portals, then I must think that in your opinion what is defined as protocol six is ​​also correct.

Just because YOU or your friend cannot access it legally, doesn't mean the portals shouldn't exist in the game. This isn't my opinion, this is just the way it is. You can downvote me, you can say I'm part of some secret protocol six and you can assume I feel some way about portals behind fences I can't cross, but just because YOU can't cross a fence it doesn't change it's eligibility, especially with portals created before other rules were implemented.

I reiterate what has already been said, making the reports via the ingress and on the wayfarer, to date the situation is unchanged.

It seemed appropriate to me to try a more direct way with the support of the game. Obviously I'm wrong. So it is, and so it will remain ...

I didn't see an account with your name on the wayfarer forums, so I'm guessing you either haven't actually used the wayfarer forums or someone else did. You've been given the tools needed to take action and plead your case and your last comment is, "So it is and so it will remain..."

Step 1: Report portal via in game menu.

Step 2: Wait for email. If removed, congrats. If not, gather appropriate evidence and information to "prove" the portal should be removed. Emotions and story time is not evidence. Evidence might include links to google street view with your own photos to show difference/changes, links to government sites explaining access rules, etc. You can post that evidence here: https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/categories/removal-appeals

• forget it, it will make no difference.

You continue to assume it's my personal problem. I repeat that I am green, and the majority force is green.

I am already on the winning side in this story. Since those who came before me have failed, even providing detailed evidence .. I wanted to try a different path.

Here they continue to perpetrate foul play on several fronts and since I like the game and would like to see it at its best, I just try to do my part for the community. I'll bring you back for the last time one of the Portals that shouldn't be, then I will also abandon this path because you have made me understand that it is completely useless.

This is one of several portals that is privately owned ("Tino di Moscona"). The area is a reserve. It is bordered by a perimeter fence, with cameras at the access points. The only road that reaches the portal is not usable because it passes inside the area inhabited by the landowner who very clearly denied access to visitors several times (Even non-gamers).

The only way to get there is to climb over the fence on the opposite side of the hill, where there are no cameras, and reach the point through the woods. It's not about ME or my FRIEND. I could understand if the owner of the property (or a family member / employee) was a gambler. which, as mentioned for the military bases, has legal access. But here, legal access, authorized, to step inside the reserve, nobody has it.

They managed to add it at a time when there was practically nothing in the city and everything was passed on when doing the evaluations.

This is not a recent issue, players have been reporting for years to have it removed. It is still there, and as no assistance will be received on this channel either. I think I will start to see the situation as those who have been through it before me.

It is totally useless what I tried to do .. Hurray for foul play

Good day everyone and sorry if I wasted your time.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Your argument is flawed because private property isn't private residential...

And being an and historical landmark, I'm willing be bet in actually In the hands of the government or trust making it the perfect portal.....

Access doesn't need to be to everyone....

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

You're right about one thing... it is useless. Specifically, it's useless to post and argue the point here, as this will not get an official review from Niantic on the Ingress forum.

You are better served to take it to the Wayfarer forum, as there the Wayfarer team can review the appeal.

All you will find on this forum are player opinions, and eventually I expect this post will be closed by Niantic with a note directing you to the Wayfarer forum.

• edited March 2022

I don't know if this is the right section to submit the report.

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com under the Invalid Waypoints section, is the correct place to make this report.

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭

Tell OP to turn to the right place to make appeal is enough. Whether his/her appeal will be approved or not is decided by Wayfarer team. Wayfarer forum users will teach OP about what portals could possibly be removed and what not and tell OP about the misunderstanding he/she has, that is, private portals does not mean they should be removed.

It's only a drama when OP have been told the Wayfarer rules so but still insists in his/her own idea. Currently it's still not. I don't think saying "it's a drama" on the first sight is a friendly behavior.

OP used this phrase, “This is referred to by the local community as protocol six. Personally I was so disgusted by these foul play actions, that I have long ago decided to leave the local green community groups.” I offered help and was accused of being part of protocol six when my advice didn’t side with their goals, lol

This is why I said it smells of drama. I didn’t say it WAS drama, but that it definitely appeared as so. I think anyone who has been on these forums for more than a few months has seen a number of agents come on here with a story about this or that and then we find out later there is a much different story. We offered help and they more or less said it wasn’t worth their time… 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Did they really use a reference from Travelers? Protocol 6 in the show is "No inter-team/deep web communication except in extreme emergencies or when sanctioned." but this is a different meaning in the show as there are groups doing the same mission.