Live Q&A with Brian Rose, 23 March

Comments

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

That's a timely announcement. So Niantic again...

Edit. Right, so this was a mistake, nice, now we have a day to prepare.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭
  • PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Corrected now. Niantic Social channels ready.

I’m assuming the responses will be posted here too somewhere. Does this count as an AMA? 😮

• HemligaNinjanHemligaNinjan ✭✭
    edited March 2022

Where can I find the invitation code for joining Ingress Official att Niantic social?

Edit: 👍🏼Thanks for adding it to original post!

Post edited by HemligaNinjan on
  • SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

Communication fail - again. Does anyone check stuff at Niantic before they post/run events?

Maybe for training Niantic could lodge tickets for spoofers, where we are asked to convert times to UTC? I have many tickets worth of experience doing this.

It's really not that hard.

Post edited by SSSputnik on
  • AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, nowhere does it state you need to convert a timestamp to UTC for spoofer tickets. All that is requested is that you include a timestamp and timezone. What that timezone is is up to you, as long as the timestamp is relevant to that timezone.

The rest of what you said was a statement, not really a question, so I can see why it was trimmed. What would have been an acceptable answer for you?

I don’t think they’d have that answer prepared at all yet. It’s not yet known when the war and conflicts will end. There’s no further answers as yet on how/when Ingress will be re-activated in Russia and Belarus, so it’s a bit pointless asking currently. I am surprised it was picked up to be answered.

• VaskinCallVaskinCall ✭✭✭✭

The absence of this answer means never. And their silence confirms exactly that. And it's infuriating.

It's what makes people write in our chats: I'm not coming back to this game. 

Turning on the scanner does not equal returning to the game.

If agents aren’t going to come back to the game when the conflicts are resolved then Niantic will have to think of something to sort it out. As it stands now, it’s still going on, and the end of it may be a long time away yet, so no need to spend time and resources on something now.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

I asked a basic question about the cell-score widget,, weird they didnt answer that one atleast...

Dont be surprised niantic turned off the game, i just read now that even Spotify will beginning in april stop working even the free version so it will probably be a while before things return there normal..

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm commenting as someone living in the US with no skin in the game, for the most part. But you kinda hit the nail on the head with this whole thing and much of this I hadn't even realized happened to agents in that area. Typical Niantic to forget who, at least partially, pays their light bill. But hey, once they open the game back up to you folks, gonna need you to catch up on scans and new wayspots real quick, alright? kthxbye

I will say, at this point, if Niantic were to just shut off the game to me randomly and **** my sojourner (which they did once before with an iOS bug), I'd be done and I'm guessing there is at least a few who have already deleted the app off their phone in Russia.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

yes will more be answered? i hope so.

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, they will, Thia is going to provide us an update later

• joecainjoecain ✭✭✭✭✭
  • XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

I was also disappointed that Brian avoided answering simple questions (including some concrete questions about how Ingress works now) in favor of the conceptual stuff about plans and vision.

I think if he gave definitive answers to more of the simple and/or frequent questions (like "Is Seer ever coming back?") it would help the tenor of discussion in the whole Ingress community by settling some of the dumber debates once and for all.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

Yeah on seer its enough is seer ever coming back ? - "No we have no such plans for the time being". I asked if prime will get a MU score widget if its not planned and will not come i would accept even a short answer "no plans for a widget"....

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Always used to find tickets better dealt with in UTC and timezone naming is not always consistent around the world. UTC or GMT times are consistent whereas WST which we use here is also used in other locations around the world.

• UltraViolatorUltraViolator ✭✭✭✭

okay, I have another question.

When we had covid restrictions and some countries couldn't play, the gameplay changed for everyone in the world, even for countries with no restrictions. no events were held or they were repeated so everyone could catch up with the medal later (the kinetic event).

at the moment 2 countries are regionally blocked from playing. and one more country is in a state of war so it's kind of not really safe to play. so, my question is, will the current event be repeated after the war is over or agents here are worse than all the other agents in the world? what do you mean by "community"?

and please if you decide to answer, either give an honest one or just skip, there's plenty of vague wording already

• Hopefully everything will resolve itself fast enough that we can push to have another weekend to get this badge. Optima is coming up again, so they're ok with repeating events long after they first happened.

• Doubt so. By the way, the "qa-questions" channel is already deleted.