April - June 2022 Events Schedule: Kythera

edited March 2022 in Events

We’re excited to announce event highlights for April, May, and June! Mark your calendars, Agents.

Details and more information regarding each individual event will be shared as the event date approaches.

Want to have your location considered for hosting a Kythera Anomaly in May or June? 

For May, apply by 24 April!

For June, apply by 29 May! 

https://forms.gle/id3vFqXQ1MuEj95E8

April Events

24 31 March - 4 7 April: [ unidentified ]

• A self-proclaimed Nemesis member has made first contact, but their intentions are unknown
  • They claim to have knowledge of “horizontal partitioning and interconnection” across worlds
  • A tiered medal will be awarded to Agents who aid in further research into the matter

2 April: First Saturday (#IngressFS)

10 April: Second Sunday (#Ingress2S)

• Event takes place from 00:00 to 23:59 LOCAL time
  • Complete any 6 unique Ingress Missions to increase your Second Sunday medal by 1 count

16-17 April: Kythera Anomaly

• Be on the lookout (BOLO) for NIASection14-deployed and Agent-deployed Battle Beacons

21-25 April: Earth Day

• New Kinetic Programs will be activated
  • Kinetic energy distance reduced from 8km to 4km
  • The Optima Kinetic Capsule metric will return to your Scanner one last time

24 April: Sandlot JAX Jacksonville, FL (US) Mission Day

• Niantic CEO John Hanke is speaking at Sandlot JAX on 23 April (a paid ticketed event by GORUCK)
  • Members of the Ingress Team will be in Jacksonville on 24 April for Mission Day (open to all Agents)

May Events

7 May: First Saturday (#IngressFS)

8 May: Second Sunday (#Ingress2S)

• Complete any 6 unique Ingress Missions to increase your Second Sunday medal by 1 count

12-16 May: Vesak Day

• 875 AP for deploying the last Resonator on a Portal
  • Portal hacks will yield more Link Amps, slightly more ADA Refactors and JARVIS Viruses
  • Links shorter than 8km in length can be created under Fields
  • 8-minute Drone cooldown
  • Kinetic Programs reactivated for ADA Refactor, JARVIS Virus, and L8 Resonator

21-22 May: Kythera Anomaly

• Be on the lookout (BOLO) for Battle Beacons and more
  • If you have both an Enlightened and Resistance point of contact and are interested in hosting a Kythera Anomaly, apply for consideration by 24 April at https://forms.gle/id3vFqXQ1MuEj95E8

26 May - 6 Jun: Eos Imprint Investigation

• A tiered medal will be awarded to Agents participating in this investigation

June Events

26 May - 6 Jun: Eos Imprint Investigation

• A tiered medal will be awarded to Agents participating in this investigation

4 June: First Saturday (#IngressFS)

12 June: Second Sunday (#Ingress2S)

9-21 June: Summer Solstice

• 2,000 AP for capturing a Portal
  • Power Cube hack droprate doubled
  • 30-minute Drone cooldown
  • A single-tier Bronze medal will be awarded to Agents participating in this investigation

25-26 June: Kythera

• Be on the lookout (BOLO) for Battle Beacons and more
  • Interested in hosting a Kythera Anomaly? Get an Agent from each Faction and apply for consideration by 29 May https://forms.gle/id3vFqXQ1MuEj95E8

Reverting Temporary Changes

Effective 31 March, AP for ​​Portal recharging will return to its original value of 10 AP, down from 65 AP.

Each quarter, we will evaluate the following temporary changes added in early 2020 to determine their impacts on gameplay while considering real world circumstances:

• Number of Level 7 Resonators deployed per Portal by Level 7+ Agents return to its original 1 deploy count, down from 2 deploys per Portal
  • Portal cooldown between hacks to be adjusted up from 90 seconds

Agents will be given at least two weeks' notice of planned changes made to the temporary changes above.

As always, please remember to be aware of your surroundings. We encourage players to follow local health and safety guidelines when playing Ingress (such as wearing masks and maintaining at least six feet/two meters of distance from other people). For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check COMM > NEWS.

— The Ingress Team

Post edited by NianticThia on

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

yay thanks for this <3

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

this is exciting, might have to start devoting more time to Ingress again....

• ShottixShottix ✭✭✭✭

A question we have, do the kinetic capsules completed while the optima challenge isn't live count towards the medal or not? Is it only capsules completed during the event week that count?

• Ready for the battle 😎

• I'm curious, will there be a way to participate remotely in the Kythra Anomalies? My city doesn't meet the requirements, and Canada historically doesn't get many anomaly sites in general.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

1. What is NOT clear is are we back to F2F First Saturdays for April? That would be great.

2. Easter weekend is not great timing I would have gone a week up or down from that.

3. Inventory turnover will be the name of the game for Spring.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

I was subbed for 12 months, gave it up. Didn’t get any code either, and I guess that is by design. Still feels like an f-you, to be honest. Ah well.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it isn't an Optima challenge. It seems to be just tacked on to the Earth Day event.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Except it mentions that that metric is coming back. Again. Should be the same as the previous ones. Maybe they forgot what metric they used for the prior event? Forgot to proof read the post? *shrug *

• The Optima Kinetic Capsule metric will return to your Scanner one last time

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

1. doubtful you will get 'offical' in-person fs until atleast June, doesn't stop you from organizing one tho...

2. Could be mixed, maybe they did that in the hope more would be organically moving.....

3. Isn't that the point anyway, stale inventory doesn't earn ap...

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

What I meant is that the event itself is not advertised as another Optima round. While it sounds like you'll get one last chance to get the Optima badge, it's not the main focus of the event.

• @NianticOfficial could you make an Google calender csv with all that events? I hate it to creat for every event an entrie and than get some days befor the event an email with the CSV file 😅

I have also to plan my freetime 🤣

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

"The people" are not a monolith with a single viewpoint.

"The people" asked for anomalies to come back. Some individuals think that these Battle Beacon events count. I don't. 🤷‍♂️ C'est la vie.