Ingress 2.82.1 Release Notes

We’re working to improve new Agents’ onboarding experience to try and keep more new recruits and grow the Ingress community.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed: After capturing two Portals, the Agent Tutorial skipped forward to Faction selection for some new recruits.

• Fixed: Linking screen was still visible and overlapped the Faction selection screen.

• Fixed: Android Back button didn’t close Faction or codename selection screens.

Tagged:

Comments

• KonnTowerKonnTower ✭✭✭✭✭

Anything to let them make small microfields while covered by the opposing team? That's the go-to for old agents who no longer play for AP. Disable half the game for new players so they quit and leave no juicy targets to attack. Effective strategy, easy for the old players, disheartening for new players.

Have discussed this ad-nauseam in previous threads, suffice to say the training isn't the issue.

• 1000% agree. There are some areas that are almost permanently blanketed by fields (take a look at Stockton, CA, for example - I bet there are few new users in that area because the new user experience is so bad - can’t link, can’t create fields, can’t even go take down the anchors because you’re too low-level. Might as well just give up.

there does need to be some balance between reward for creating and holding fields, vs. frustration for new (and old) when a region is unbalanced.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Shouldn't this be non-mandatory update? For as example i got 260+kk ap (L80 is enough for me) so cant be named as a "new agent" and not connected with tutorial at all. And,after that,i have nothing to ask from this update,so why should i install it? Or there are some unmentiooned bugfixes

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

@NianticThia @NianticBrian dont forget the accidental faction switch/jump scare that happens between leveling up between Level 3-4 when Ada & Jarvis fight for your loyalty to there cause (Faction) & control of your scanner and as one ends up pushing the other out.

This always happens when a new agent is in the middle of something they are doing with the portals and end up tapping just to get back to the map screen which just selects and switches the faction and can annoy players to the point they quit the game because they thought they had selected this already.

Ideally this for me is part of the tutorial and should be done there and early on eg levels 1-2 and not by 4 levels in as users are getting used to things then once the tutorial/simulation ends the new agent can be told they now are entering the real world enviroment and are starting at Lvl 1.

Also what about the KM Capsule lock fix before all these newly announced events.

Post edited by PhantomR1982 on
  • GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

You would have thought the on boarding part of the game was well and truly fleshed out years ago.

On boarding isn't gonna help if there isn't any marketing for Ingress. Or any story, or any new content.

Like opening a bottle of soda that is already flat.

• I suspect there will be quite a lot of agents that want the Ingress Prime Scanner stable,working with minimal bugs that can be looked into in a timely fashion and enjoyable once again.

Or am i just the only one asking for a little too much ??? :D

Answers on a Postcard !!!

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Just noticed that now there's an "Enable scan" button in settings on non-supported by ARCore phones. Why?

• LegoLegendLegoLegend ✭✭
    edited October 2021

I have tried to recruit new agents in my area, but constantly being covered by a massive field really ruins the onboarding experience.

.... The worst part is, it's OUR team! I then have to explain why if you want to actually play the game, we have to go destroy our own team's work.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes this is sadly still a problem many areas, big fields blocking everyone under that.. niantic needs to do a dynamic decay the longer they are up the more they cost to recharge or something.