[Feature Request] Show Faction next to Agent name

GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

The chat should show, what faction you are on

Currently it does not show factions.

Ingress is much more critical to know than other games, due to needing to ensure that faction secret stuff is not shared to the other faction.

When there might be group for one specific faction, and a mole is found, the catastrophy that a fielding operation is destroyed by a mole, is a real concern

Tagged:

Comments

• Agree...there doesn't seem to be any way to view an agents faction or what game they play. I'm also wondering if this is going to be a cross game chat? Will pogo players be able to see the same groups as ingress players? If so, would also be useful to see the players ingress name, not just their Niantic name.

• This feature seems to be the first priority !

• We can't see Catan info at the moment so I would suggest that the content you can view is only related to the game you accessed Niantic Chat from

• I think it's easy to describe the Agent name to the faction with blue/green.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on the game,

Ingress - either an Enlightened logo or Resistance logo

If playing Catan as well, also show if on Bears, Wolves or Eagles

If playing Wizards Unite, show which faction they belong to, Ravenclaw, Huffllepuff, Griffindor or Slytherin

For example.

Although as I stated it is pretty important for Ingress primarily, due to needing to ensure faction secret stuff remains secret from the other faction

• SuZ912SuZ912 ✭✭✭✭

Strongry Agree!!

• I would like the faction information to be automatically obtained instead of being set by the user. And it would be nice if only Enlightened agents could enter enlightened communities ( similary , only the resistance agents can join the resistance communities)

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

This will need to update in realtime, as players can change factions.

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

Not if you are colorblind or have weak color vision.

• JimboMXJimboMX ✭✭✭

I agree to having this feature, just Faction besides the name, It doesn't matter if it's bay doing ENL-RES, a logo, or using faction colors as long as it's showed somehow.

All other info (like level, Recursed, C.O.R E, Vanguard, XMA) could appear on the Niantic Chat Profile.