Update on Portal Nominations, Edits, and Photo Submissions

Comments

• Dont forget to only apply the changes on new submissions. Old submissions rotting since months or years should still be rated by old rules.

• I would be interested to know what impact - if any - the Niantic Lightship change will have.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

really strange, my new portal lastnight that got added to ingress is like 20m to nearest... strange this,.... 120m shouldnt be any distance problem..

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

I gave up on wayfarer due to the very low quality of most submissions compared to Ingress. Portal subs I no longer bother with unless truly worthy.

Portal scans, why when we will probably never see any scan output function in Ingress?

Again, this release info was ambiguous to say the least...

• Hahahahahahahahahahahahaa, tell me more.

• MargariteDVilleMargariteDVille ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

I'm confused why this announcement is only in the bug forum.

The Wayfarer community has an announcement specifically for PokeMongo. By calling out PoGo and not Ingress, it looks like it does not apply to Ingress. The Wayfarer announcements gives many specifics this one doesn't... which seems like those specifications don't include Ingress...

• LKRMLKRM ✭✭

Wayfarer decides if a submission goes through. Yes! Niantic decides whether to bring it online and in which of their games. Several examples of 20+m submissions that were 5*/accepted in Wayfarer - but you get an email saying it may or may not show up in Ingress - if it does you get AP and key - but it syncs to PoGo/HPWU as usual. No reasonable explanation for why it doesn't come online in Ingress. May only hope they pop up in Ingress after server work is done !

• That would be the best case scenario....but i doubt it

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s odd that the similar announcement on the Wayfarer forums specifically calls out Pokémon GO but doesn’t mention Ingress.

As this is all about Nominations, Edits & Photo submissions which all fold into Wayfarer, I thought that it would make sense to mention it all on there.

People often “joke” that the Wayfarer Forums are in fact the unofficial Pokémon GO forums for Niantic, and it seems that Niantic may think the same given these two posts.

• FeThornFeThorn ✭✭✭

Pogo also uses the 20m rule on top of one per L17 S2 cell. In theory, any wayspot accepted into pogo should also make it into Ingress. Only real exception is sponsored locations, but those don’t seem to be handled in wayfarer.

• LKRMLKRM ✭✭

Several treads both in Wayfarer general discussion and bug report - even PoGo submissions showing up in Ingress or HPWU only, not PoGo despite space/being alone in its cell. And vice versa.

• Will this fix the bug where addition portal photos are accepted after submission in Ingress, but fail to appear in game? Apparently new photos accepted do go live but a bunch of older ones have never.

• I'm guessing this is why I got a nomination accepted, an email, but no key, no points and no Portal appearing?

• the "Busto CommCommemorative Bust" portal has been approved as visible from the attached screens, but it does not appear in game nor has I been given the key to the portal. Below I also put the coordinates of the nearest portal: 40.62925,14.393157