Okay, we seriously need a Go-plus for Ingress

Picture this....

A small BLE device with 3 buttons, IP68 rated and capable attaching to a handlebar mount.

1 button, to hack portals (NIA could even implement a setting that allows you to set behaviour between key/no-key). Another button to fire XMP'S ( press and hold for the bonus powerup).And 1 more for deploying resonators.

The device would vibrate when you're in range of a portal, and would use items in order of decending level.

"Why?" You ask. 1. It'll reduce the number of cargressers (safety first) as it could conveniently be mounted as a thumbswitch to a steering wheel. 2. It could encourage faster, more competitive gameplay, by opening the game up to cyclists as well (have you ever tried Ingressing on a bicycle?) 3. Because I love gadgets, and it's no fair that the PoGo community gets all this nice **** and we don't 😜 4. We have been waiting too long for the AR glasses teased to us when Ingress The Animation came out, I'm willing to settle for less

Tagged:

Comments

• CrepitusOzCrepitusOz ✭✭✭

Bikegress is pretty easy if you have a phone mount, just don’t glyph and ride 😂

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

This sounds like it would exacerbate the problem.

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wouldn't say no to one that you sn press to hack, which can also be set to not hack keys, but it only single hacks, not glyph (obviously) and that's it, no deploying and 100% no busters (imagine being in a dense area of the other team, it woukd get confused by that) just the hacking thiugh woukd be very good for passing through areas on trains/bus/cars that you mught not have gotten

• KonnTowerKonnTower ✭✭✭✭✭

Accurate title: "Pokemon player hates glyph hacking, wants cheap/easy unlimited gear like PoGo"

TBH, there was a Google Gear app for Ingress way back when. More of a proof of concept that didn't work well.

• AR glasses would be both interesting and Lore approved. But who knows when that will happen?

• Yes, bikegress is good fun, but I do it only in areas without motorized traffic.

• If they made something like a go plus for ingress that just basic hacks i would happily buy one.

• edited July 2021

We have a Drone.

PoGo doesn't have as strong of a connection to locations like Ingress does. There's no 'key' in PoGo so there's no 'specific locations matter', so the same level of "Meh I'll just keep the app closed" functionality isn't as worthwhile in Ingress.

Additionally, Redacted had hacks via Android Gear and it was completely under-used by the playerbase so they didn't implement it in Prime.

Another button to fire XMP'S ( press and hold for the bonus powerup).And 1 more for deploying resonators.

Also, no thanks.

• High speed XM collection means that recharging while driving on highways or major roads would become more common.

• kittysukittysu ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

I tried hacking with my Android Wear watch - and it was unusable. Who knows how much it might have been used if it actually worked? I was actually quite disappointed they never produced a new version as part of the "feature parity" between Redacted and Prime.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

It was planned for Ingress to have one before pogo was even an an idea.

Problem was Ingress then was a spaghetti monster of code, and priorities changed.

Niantic since the go-plus, have been working on a cross game wearable.

Though no further details on it have been released. Or mentioned. Best ask Brian to ask the Lightship team.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

It didn't even make the redacted client, presumably cause of changes to wearos app deployment.....

• TooLegitToExistTooLegitToExist ✭✭✭✭

Niantic armband would be a versatile,option to let..

pogo for catch and spin

ingress for hack no key

hpwu for staminia refills

catan for resource centres

something like that

but can only,communicate with 1 game at a time

We already have a population of lazy tap-hacking players. Don't enable/encourage them. Force them to glyph for better gear returns.

• No one should be forced to glyph. I resort to tap hacking when I am in a hurry and there are lots of portals, or my inventory is almost full, or a just want unique hacks.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

As soon as there was a wearable for Ingress there'd be an autoplayer for it and people would just rack up gear constantly without having to make any effort beyond connecting the device. I think the net effect on the game would be negative.

@saarstahl I think what @KonnTower was saying is that people should be encouraged to glyph in order to fill their inventory more easily, not that tap hacking should be eliminated. Tap hacking has its use, but glyphing is a much more efficient way to gear up.

@Hosette correct.

If you're willing to put the time and effort into glyphing, you should be able to rival the gear output of multiple agents.

In Pokemon go the go plus resulted in the go-tcha being released with auto spin. It made gearing a non issue in the game and kind of broke the mechanics. Don't want any of that noise here in Ingress.

• 13 good reasons for tap-hacking

1. it’s raining

2. your riding a bike

3. you are walking and portals are less than 30 meters apart

4. you are talking with somebody

5. you are crossing a street

6. your inventory is almost full

7. you don’t want to lose your small kids

8. your inventory is almost full

9. you want to get the highest number of unique hacks in a limited time

10. you actually want to see the sights in the city you are visiting

11. you don’t want to bump into pedestrians

12. you don’t want to bump into lamp poles

13. you got quintuple onyx translator and finally want onyx hacker

• harkonnnenharkonnnen ✭✭✭✭

Like most here would I buy one if it was available? Yes

Do I want one to actually become available? No

When was the last time you heard or saw someone using a Go-Plus? nearly no one does, if they have something its one of the Gotcha models which is exactly what would happen if we got a similar device.

• harkonnnenharkonnnen ✭✭✭✭

Tap Hacking is only really for Uniques and working on your hacker badge

• edited August 2021

Before Glyphing, the game was a thriving community. Did glyphing **** the game? No. Did it actually improve the game? No. It was just a change, and in many respects, can be pointed to as one of the damaging aspects of community.

You complain about how "OG" agents have prejudices, but your own interpretation and complaints about other people's play styles are constant.

Tap hacking is a legitimate play activity, otherwise it wouldn't be part of the game. Some people don't enjoy glyphing, and prefer to actually "Move" like the motto of the game. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that they are "lazy". No-one should be forced to do things that they don't enjoy.

• When was the last time you heard or saw someone using a Go-Plus? nearly no one does, if they have something its one of the Gotcha models which is exactly what would happen if we got a similar device.

I got to Level 40 in Go using a Gotcha, and would never have gotten that far without it. I stopped there because the higher levels force you into aspects of the game I wasn't interested in like raiding.

Different play styles for different people.

• At the time they introduced the idea, it was part of when Google was owning Motorola etc. They had grand ideas on hardware, but very little of it actually got the attention it would have required.