Coming Soon: #FieldArt Challenge

Agents, let your creativity shine through in this Challenge. Show off your work of art through the hashtag #FieldArt!

From Friday, July 23rd 4PM UTC to Monday, August 2nd 4PM UTC, the following effects will be enabled during the event:

• 2X AP for Links created
  • 2X AP for Fields created
  • 2X increase of SoftBank Ultra Link drop rate
  • Increased Key drop through More command
  • Hack/Glyph Hack guarantees first Key drop

This event will not have a Medal nor a new personal Agent Stat added to the Scanner. Make the most out of this challenge by acquiring the 6th key Locker, available at the Ingress Store for the duration of the event. Note that if you already own 6 Key Lockers, you will not be able to get a 7th one. 

As always, please remember to be aware of your surroundings. We encourage players to follow local health and safety guidelines when playing Ingress (such as wearing masks and maintaining at least six feet/two meters of distance from other people).  For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check COMM > NEWS.

— The Ingress Team

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

>Make the most out of this challenge by acquiring the 6th key Locker, available at the Ingress Store for the duration of the event.

Wait so that means that once the event is over, the 6th Key Locker is removed from the store again? Honest question, is there a reason why? It's great that the 6th locker is finally available for those that didn't caught it during the anniversary, but why is it not permanently in the store?

• TeoZ980TeoZ980 ✭✭
    edited July 2021

You can buy it only in the event period. After the 2nd August you can't buy it anymore.

It will stay after the event in your inventory (if you buy it)

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but... why? Seriously, I don't get why this should be a limited thing. If someone can explain to me why limiting the sale of the Locker is a good idea (aside from Niantic maybe trying to stimulate FOMO and revenue from that), please do so, I honestly don't get it.

• Is the same as when the 6th keylocker was given to active agents during those anniversary days.

Then nobody could get it.

I don't see any problem with this.

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

Perhaps it's going to become a core perk to be able to aquire 6 and this is a one time chance to get it without core if your active.

• TeoZ980TeoZ980 ✭✭
    edited July 2021

Because I waited more than 2 years to get it. Now the new agents can wait a little.

It is a prize, I don't see the problem 🤷‍♂️

Post edited by TeoZ980 on
  • KonnTowerKonnTower ✭✭✭✭✭

@InvestigateXM my guess here is so not every single person can buy them on their account, their "spouse's account", their "kids'" account, and so on as easily. It's a limited time offer, meant to make it so the 6th is still special, not something arbitrary. New agents that join after it's not available will be told "hey, you can stick around until next year to get a 6th locker" as an enticement to keep playing.

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

8 is a significant number in Ingress, just put 8 in the store permanently 😁

• LupaskLupask ✭✭

what if I have one key locker from a previous event and now i'll buy the 5-pack ? will i have 5 or 6 of them? because after that one giveaway NIA didn't say you get to keep 6 of them, you bought 5 and got 4

• I think its the same with the medals you can buy during events. When you were active at a given time you can have perks like a 6th locker, or a medal you bought in the store.

Its fun too see the differences between the accounts of myself and my wife as we started with two years difference. If they now make all those medals, beacons of other perks permanently in the store there will be no fun anymore in saying I got this and that because I was active then and then.

• I think there is a clear difference between medals and a key locker. A key locker you can actively use in the game whilst these medals can only be used to show. Personally I think that items that are actively used in the game should be available for everybody and not only to those that apparently joined the game in an earlier phase.

• edited July 2021

I think that's exactly it, stimulate interest through FOMO. If it's a permanent addition, a player may say "oh, it's there all the time, I can wait to get it next time when I need it". Player may never get it, or may stop playing before ever needing it. Same reason why character medals are not available all the time.

It's the equivalent of the telemarketer telling you "but that's not all! If you call now, you get not one! Not two! But three whatever the heck you're buying" 😁

• RavenstonRavenston ✭✭✭

You’ll be able to keep all six after the event. It’ll be just like the anniversary key locker except that this extra one won’t be a freebie.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

Thank you, Niantic!

This is a nice reward, and it feels good to have parity with older agents and to have an exclusive item now.

edited July 2021

Question: will the onyx be always in the store? I mean, to be bought up to 5 by the newcomers, along with the old colors?

Post edited by Hydracyan on
  • What?! They can be onyx colored for those who get it now?

My sixth keylocker was black in Redacted, but became red (exactly like the first keylocker) in Prime. Well, after colors were reintroduced. (To begin with they were all the same color.)

I have even named my second red keylocker "Black". I sure wouldn't mind if it was ACTUALLY onyx, seeing as it they can apparently actually be that color already.

Can I have a color change for my second red keylocker, please?

edited July 2021

I always saw it as pink with black, and in prime it became more, but it still has black parts, something that the actual Red one doesn't.

But, I do believe that the anniversary one should have a update on it's colors, to be more obvious. Less towards red and more pinkish with more parts on black or a darker shade of it.

• Yeah, there's indeed a little black on the edges on the anniversary one. It's so subtle I hadn't noticed until I got it pointed out to me today.

I would still prefer to have the current onyx one instead. Or at least more of a difference, like in Redacted.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

They look exactly the same to me. Even the red one has a little black on the edges. It needs to be recoloured.

• Hi. I'm not sure if I'm writing to the correct section of the forum, but this situation refers specifically to this event.

As promised in the event announcement there is "Increased Key drop through More command". But unfortunately, in general, the keys drop rate, on the contrary, decreased. With the glyph "more" it was almost always possible to get 1 key plus up to 4 additional keys. Now glyph "more" gives guaranteed 1 key plus 1 bonus key, very rarely 2 bonus keys. Local agents confirm this problem.

This problem with keys drop rate does not fit at all with the conditions of the event and its spirit.

Please pay close attention to this misunderstanding and take action to increase key drops. If this message should placed anywhere else, please point me that direction :) Thanks.

• Double SBUL drop rate?!

ive played four hours a day for two days, used up 6 of them and haven’t hacked a single one. Two times Zero is still Zero!

Can anyone confirm if a new player, that didn't had 5 yet can buy more than one Onyx? Or it is one time buy?

• BadvocBadvoc ✭✭

Well, if Niantic actually want any field art done they had better start dropping some hypercubes.

• Field Art Cross in Joinville @Swithor @Hainric @MiNas @marcipsi made a field art with one of the symbols of the biggest city in Santa Catarina (Brazil): the windmill. #fieldart #ArtInField

• "Blue Cat Chinchano" by @MoisesMonrroy

#FieldArt made in the city of Chincha,Perú.

👇

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRxVomwAaie/?utm_medium=copy_link

• It started on Friday the 23rd and runs until Monday, 2 August.

Show off your #FieldArt!

Have tips, tricks, or other things to think about that you'd share for a new Agent or someone who has never considered trying Field Art before? Example - I've never done Field Art before! I'd like to though... what would you consider step 1 in a draw?

• First, keep in mind that you could draw based on the density of portals that you have in your area (Draw on the Intel Map directly, start drawing the contour and then if you want, do the multi CF's within the drawing). Only your imagination is the limit. 🤘