Fake scans

DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Just now noticed one Agent by alerts and he was moving by taxi or some car(6 minutes for movement and 6-7 minutes by gmaps),but also gained scout controller on a Portal which location is actually not scannable from road. So I assume it was a fake scan. I'd like to know,do NIA check scanned data and if it's not valid - what actually will NIA do?

Tagged:

Comments

• sophielabsophielab ✭✭✭

Controller is gained or lost on the upload. Uploading later over wifi will have a bunch at once and will not match travel times.

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

This happens far too often, Brian said previously that he was going to fix it by introducing a speed lock on scans, but that was 7 months ago now (mere minutes in Niantic time lol).

Unfortunately the people that do this don't care one bit about the quality of the POI's or their own integrity. They are happy to drive on highways at over 100km/h and scan at the same time. No need to pretend people are uploading later, this is knowingly done in real time as they are driving recklessly.

So much for Niantic caring about safety by letting this continue lol

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

im sure many do fake scans just to get that badge, its shame the submited scans arent verifed somehow....

• Given that Niantic needs that data to make scans, and fake ones damage the construct, I'm fairly sure someone is checking the scans. Whether they are taking any punitive actions yet, though, I can't tell.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Brian commented before on noticing bad quality scans. The AP is the least of the worries when bad actors should be disabled from future scanning.