Buying acccount and Share Account when Playing

CorakLurikCorakLurik ✭✭
edited June 2021 in General

Case 1 :

What if we know someone's account comes from buying and selling activities? We have proof of receipts that he shared with the community before switching factions.

Case 2 :

someone acknowledged via comm that he played 2 accounts at the same time. he argued that the previous account owner had been inactive for a long time and was entrusted to play.

Edited : Case no 2 closed, account has ben warning strike, thank you.

Post edited by CorakLurik on
Tagged:

Comments

• rizka8rizka8 ✭✭

Up

• Up

• Up

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a lot more than $1500 invested in the account above. If it really was sold and bought, I'd say the original owner got ripped off.

• 3car3car ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Well..if you want to leave, cost won't really be a matter since it's already a lost money..

I just hope that this is not another incident of Forums works better than Support things. Us agents in Korea, both factions, are facing a similar issue right now, and well. Support possibly didn't work.

Edit: some typos.

• can you explain, please? I see a few paid medals and a CORE subscription, just worth a couple of dollars.

• tehadhitehadhi ✭✭
    edited June 2021

fyi that's the recent screenshot, so its normal to see that the seller got ripped off.

this is the old screenshot, the account was purchased back in oct 2018.

whether its a loss for the seller at that point, i honestly dont care. lmao.

• Up

It costs money to participate in anomalies and to get that high a level. Think of it as sweat equity. Plane tickets, hotel rooms, gas money. Just time.

There's no way that's a "2018 version" of the same account at the top, because the account at the top has medals for anomaly that took place before 2018 that are missing from this supposedly "older" screenshot.

• He is change codename 3 times (as i know) = zampolitr - YamahaMotor11 - BIGBANG1mp4ct - Mr5UP3RL4T1VE

• vidiconvidicon ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no idea what's going on with this player/account, but the pre-2018 anomalies on that account are from anomalies that still gave out medal codes on physical cards. It is entirely possible that someone could have purchased those medal codes and applied them after 2018. Starting with 13 Magnus Reawakens (3Q 2017), medal codes were no longer given out, but anomaly badge codes from Via Noir and earlier can (unfortunately) be found on eBay.

• In my area we have this agent who kept making legal threats (call the cops) to one of our top scorers because of 'trespassing', which is defined by him as capturing a park sign after hours, the ones that you can pull up to from the street, and then he claimed he was spoofing 2 days later... Anyway, I reported him for the threats and he got COMM banned, or at least warned; he hasn't talked in comms since I got NIA's generic message, anyway. I was monitoring an account with a gibberish name, at this point I had got the message last night. Boom, gibberish account and legal threat guy attack a hard to access location, with hours from 11-4:45 only, and a 1/2 mile walk from the portals I use for layers. I put it back 2 hours later, and he didn't come back. If it is an alt, and I have a lot of evidence showing it is, it's obvious why he would use it: He's a level 12, and I have a lot of Aegis and Force amps/turrets on those portals. There are around 20 there. They drop very quickly, no chance to recharge. The one reason I am so suspicious of this account is that it predates the level 12, and only started being used around a month before. Just barely level 8. For me, the nail in the coffin was around a week ago. An anchor for a field over his city gets attacked, by the level 12 and what appeared to be a new L8. I quickly realized it was not, and it was the same L8, just with a changed name. NIA only changes names if they are a real name, obviously not, or if it's an 'activation code'. This account had the verified badge. So, account name had to be the activation code. So the obvious conclusion is that he bought an account online with the name as the code, changed the name, and now has 2 accounts. The badges make it so obvious that it's a botted or power leveled account, and it should not predate the level 12 if it's real. I saw a resonator from the L8 on a Zero Cell portal 3 hours from civilization, and realized this was captured long before I saw the account doing anything. So under the circumstances, I'm pretty sure it's an alt... But nothing from NIA.

• tho it reeks of drama, as a res, i support this. lol

• up up

• CorakLurikCorakLurik ✭✭
    edited June 2021

I checked gmail at the picture ****, name and picture (i Censored) in profile gmail thats right real name and real picture agent Mr5UP3RL4T1VE,

Cc @NianticBrian

Moderator Note: Removed PII

Post edited by NianticVK on
  • harkonnnenharkonnnen ✭✭✭✭

I'm a little impressed with having by the sounds of it over a $2k of disposable income to spend on a virtual account, especially considering it could be banned and becoming worthless a week later.

Also after almost 3yrs and 200mil AP earned I think the statute of limitations should have run out atleast in this example. While I can understand someone selling there account if they really are giving it up for good (understand but all for Niantic banning such accounts) I cant understand why anyone would buy one.

Also if you knew about this and didnt say anything doesn't that to a degree make you an accomplice? less than if you knew the person that spoofed down this or that BAF but didnt say anything cause it benefited you. You may not technically have doing anything wrong or illegal but still a d..k move

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭

Even if in another world Niantic allows account trading which is not the matter of fact here, such account is not worth 1500 USD at all.

• Wow 😯

1500 usd is soooo much for me 😯🤭

Mending beli motor dengan uang segitu 😅

• CorakLurikCorakLurik ✭✭
    edited June 2021

so Niantic doesn't take action for buying and selling accounts? while in the rules it is stated.

He is change codename 3 times (as i know) = zampolitr - YamahaMotor11 - BIGBANG1mp4ct - Mr5UP3RL4T1VE

Cc @NianticVK @NianticBrian

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

They don't take actions on shared accounts either and that is also stated.

• but this is a matter of buying and selling game accounts.

which in niantic regulations is strictly prohibited. but let the account be allowed to play

Cc @NianticThia @NianticVK

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

There's still a 3-year window about not reporting the account here.

• up up

• BilleasBilleas ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

I have no idea how Niantic anti-cheat works, nor I know whether something that happened 3 years ago can still be tracked down by Niantic with whatever means they have, but I am always under the impression that you have to report any form of inappropriate gameplay, with whatever evidence you have, as soon as you see one takes place. The question is, that has been asked before, what took you so long? I don't mean to stick my nose into the drama, but don't you think the report would have bore a really different result if you've sent it, like, I dunno, three years ago?