Banner Mission feedback

When Niantic removes a portal they really need to notify the creator of any missions that involve that portal. It is incredibly frustrating to reach mission #15 of an 18 mission banner and find out a portal is "unavailable". The mission, and therefore the banner, can not be completed. As a banner mission author I want my work to be appreciated and agents who want to complete the banner to be 100% happy. I have no way of knowing if one of the portals on one of my mission has "disappeared". We work hard to create these banners and keep this game interesting. Niantic, help us do that!

Comments

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

It used to be the case that any "unavailable" waypoints in a mission would automatically be marked as completed when an Agent started the mission, thus allowing them to complete it even if portals have been removed from the game. I would assume that is still the case today?

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

It is. The only way you cannot complete a mission is when all portals in the mission have been removed. Otherwise, it'll just skip the removed portal.

• I once got a mail (3 years ago I think) about a mission of mine being put offline because a portal was removed and the mission now had less than 6 portals.

I'm not sure if that is still the case.

• There is a banner mission that I was going to start, but one of the portals for it is gone. Fortunately, it is the first mission of the series. Since I see it on the list, I assumed that I would be okay. If my schedule allows, I may try this banner mission to see what happens...for science.