Coming soon: Matryoshka Event

Agents, something is not right. An unknown exploit detected on the Ingress Scanner has disturbed the behavior of Mind Units, which is said to last for 168 hours. During this time, Agents will be able to create Links and Fields under Fielded areas. What seems unchanged is a Link will still not be able to cross another Link, regardless of Faction.

From Friday, April 23rd 4PM UTC to Friday, April 30th 4PM UTC the following will be enabled, which includes the unlocked rewards from the Hack the Planet challenge. 

• There will be a new event metric ‘Matryoshka Links Created’ added to your Agent Profile for the duration of the Event to help you monitor the number of links you have created
  • 2X AP for creating Links and Fields 
  • Kinetic Capsule Program distance reduced to 4km
  • Level 4 through 6 XMP Bursters work like L5-L7 XMP Bursters (+1 Level)
  • 2X AP for Link and Field destroy, 187 > 374AP for Links; 750 > 1500AP for Fields
  • Portal recharge earns 100AP

Remember: The reduced 4km Kinetic Capsule distance only applies to newly run Programs, and does not apply to Programs already running prior to the start of the Event. For example, if your Kinetic Capsule Program is at 3.5km/8.0km when the event starts, it will not be reduced to 3.5km/4.0km. The reduced distance will not be retroactive; you must complete your existing 8.0km Program, and the reduced distance will be enabled upon running your next Program. 

Challenge your Fielding and Linking skills and take advantage of the discounted Items and 1 free SoftBank Program Bundle, available for the duration of this event on the Ingress Store: 

1 Common Heat Sink (100 CMU)

1 Apex (1000 CMU)

1 Portal Fracker (2000 CMU)

SoftBank Program Bundle  (0 CMU)

• 1 SoftBank Ultra Link, 3 Rare Link Amp, 3 L4 XMP, 3 L4 Resonator

But wait, there’s more. Your action to support our planet can unlock the following rewards: 2x Hack rate of Heat Sinks, Multi-Hacks, Shields, and Power Cubes, 2x AP Resonator Deployed, and 2x AP Resonator Destroyed. For all the details, check out the Niantic website. #SustainableWithNiantic

As always, please remember to be aware of your surroundings. We encourage players to follow local health and safety guidelines when playing Ingress (such as wearing masks and maintaining at least six feet/two meters of distance from other people).  For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check COMM > NEWS.

Share your progress on social media with #IngressMatryoshka

— The Ingress Team

Comments

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

No medal?

• Oooo, a linking/fielding event. Count me in.

• "But wait, there's more..." <eyeroll>

Is this a medal event like the monthly ones back in 2019/2020? If so, what are the levels?

• This sounds fun!

1 week seems like the perfect duration to experiment wild rules changes.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting! Maybe not forever, but as a seasonal thing.

I would be ok with this being a permanent feature if it requires an extra effort to make fields under fields, like a new mod (in each portal).

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

It will be interesting to see how this new type of gameplay plays out for the week.

• NikaKorNikaKor ✭✭✭

"Matryoshka"? If you wanted a Russian name, you should say "Vlozhenka"

• itso9itso9 ✭✭

lol! While we're FuF'ing can you maybe make it so we can cross links too?!? 😂

• Nice idea for a limited time event but not permanently. Will be fun!

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

With no badge or goal what's the point of the stat??

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

There will be a new event metric ‘Matryoshka Links Created’ added to your Agent Profile for the duration of the Event to help you monitor the number of links you have created

So, what is this metric good for? No badge and no global challenge. So, why should we try to increase the metric?

• AkakunAkakun ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

No new medal, but these 2x AP and the ability of fielding inside fields sounds interesting (also this will prevent "troll agents" by ruinning the event to other players with those massive fields). I proposed myself to finally reach L16 ruinning this year before the anual medal is released (I'm a Founder agent but I was innactive during a while), so this will help greatly.

• NikaKorNikaKor ✭✭✭

Just don't forget to take a thermos of vodka and grease the unicycle to the bear.