Items disappear from inventory

I had a capsule disappear from inventory.

About 30 minutes prior, I had the capsule, as I removed an item from it.

I was at 2340 items. I picked up 2 capsiules with 150 items total.

I saw the 2 new capsules in my inventory and pulled the items out.

At that point I noticed I didnt have my original capsule anymore, and was at 2440 items instead of 2490.

The missing capsule had been named and had 50 VR items in it.

I wasnt dropping or recyling at the time. I checked the ground where I last had the capsule and my current location and didnt see a capsule on the ground.

Another agent that reported a capsule from their inventory went missing said their's reappeared the next day. Mine did not, even after reinstall, reboot and restart.

I've had capsules go missing on the ground and suspect the issue may be related to names lost on capsules... a GUID recycling issue? But this is the first time I've noticed items in my inventory go missing.

Unfortunately I dont have a screenshot of my inventory from before. I can provide a time/location, within 5 minutes if that helps.

Has anyone else noticed items go missing in inventory?

Comments

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

Possibly flagged as 3rd party items.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

did u aquire those items in the capsule yourself ?

• phthoruthphthoruth ✭✭✭✭

interestng theory. do they do that? remove items from inventory if they think its flagged?

yes they were VRMH and VRHS crafted from kinetic capsules during that recent kinetic capsule event.

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

There are some threads mentioning disappeared items here in the forums. The largest was of course when 3rd party items were mass removed.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes they do that from time to time, all items can be tracked where they came from and how....

So it happens to other agents that did not buy items? Did they figure out a known issue?

Is there an issue with CORE when you have more than 2000 items?

Does the item tracking have a bug related to kinetic capules?

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

We don't know,

We don't know,

and We don't know.

Real sorry to put it like this, but AFAIK I am not aware that someone mentioned any of those except you. I can tell that they all went by as incidents-nothing done.

• I had a lot of items removed just now. A bunch of quantums, given to me by the codes earlier this year. Very odd!

A local player notice a capsule missing from his inventory, but it reappeared the next day.

In the mean time, it really was gone... a restart didnt fix it. He had extra inventory space..

In my case, I tried everything. Restart, reboot, reinstall. The quantum capsule never came back.

• edited April 2021

Agents,

Purchasing in-game items from unauthorized sellers is a violation of the Ingress Terms of Service. There are currently no authorized third-party sellers of in-game items. Niantic is committed to keeping Ingress and the battle between factions fair. 

We will be sending warnings to anyone who received items that can be traced back to a third-party seller. In the future, we will remove items from the game that were purchased from unauthorized sellers. This means that any items purchased through third-party websites or services will disappear from inventories - even if these items were passed to other players unknowingly. 

We appreciate your cooperation and continued support of Ingress.

This was something Niantic posted on G+ back on March 1st, 2017. As far as I know, this is still the case.

Old Link: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+Ingress/posts/gwSL7AwPZVZ

• Amaterasu00Amaterasu00 ✭✭✭

Items removed from my inventory wasnt tainted. One of them was a key, given directly from niantic from creating a portal.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

I would suggest logging a ticket to Niantic Support to investigate that.

I have, they say I have got the things from another agent. Perhaps they are taking away more items so I cannot trace from whom I got the tainted gear.

But something fishy is going on in my town, they have placed almoust all in my team under permanent ban, and then released at least half of them (as for now). Dont know, but it seems we all got infected but I really dont know how or when. So noone can drop or help another out. We are afraid of dropping tainted gear.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

Gear you farm yourselves would be fine. But sounds like someone in your community may have had tainted gear that he/she distributed.

It hurts to think so, but it might very well be true. Unfortunatly the whole team takes the blow. 11 of us has been banned now, 6 has returned.

There are not many of us left. I wish niantic would have a dialogue around the situation with the players instead. Maybe that could have straightend things out. We dont know what triggered this, but maybe we will never find out. But its not good for the community. The hostility between the factions are growing even more because of this.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

I do think Niantic doesn't outright ban agents for third-party gear, but they would send warnings and delete tainted stock. It's very possible that several warnings were issued prior to those bans. Agents should appeal if they believe the ban to be unjustified. If you say some of them got their accounts back, then looks like their appeals were successful.

One thing I might also suggest is to check your spam filters regularly, and if you're on gmail and have those "promotions" and "social" tabs, check those regularly as well for any mails from Niantic when you notice that stock disappeared. If Niantic sent warnings and they went unheeded, then a ban would have followed.

many of them didnt even get an email at all. Neither did I when I lost items. It was when I my self contacted the support that they informed me. Many of the agents that got banned has never got a warning or a strike. They have been playing many years and have a high level (recursed).

one of them is banned, but the stats still shows in comm. But when logging in it says no access..

This wasn't an issue of third-party gear.; It was VRMH and VRHS generated by kinetic capsules.

Why would a capsule that is in your inventory disappear?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

legit items hackyourself shouldnt dissapear no.

They did in my case. Maybe because I havent carried them always, my husbond had them for a while when I had hindrance to play, and during a project that I needed much inventory for.

Maybe they took more than they needed to, to cover up what they took 🤷🏻‍♀️

But nothing in game cant be replaced, accept your account. Many of those in my teams lost their accs, 11 agents banned now. 7 is back, and 4 are still missing...

• Just today had a QC disappear. It contained a number of Aegis and VR shields. This happened a couple years ago, also to a QC. I notice others are seeing this kind of thing too. Nothing new was added to today's disappearing capsule in at least a month, so probably not related to accidentally grabbing an illicit item.