Drawing glyph sequence feels sticky and laggy

HopeaKotkaHopeaKotka ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in Report a Bug

With latest version 2.68.2 it feels drawing glyph sequences are even more stickier than before. And sometimes it does not even register when you move your finger on top of dot.

Do not remember that Redacted had this kind of stickiness.

Have also noticed couple of times that one or two glyph sequences are shown and dismissed very fast.

Here are screenshots from video, there was 1-2 seconds stuck already when drawing a Complex command. Note the video progress bar.

Samsung S8
Android 9
Post edited by HopeaKotka on
2 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• Can you provide a video with this problem?

• HopeaKotkaHopeaKotka ✭✭✭✭

Cannot add mp4 video file here and did not find a way how to upload and share YouTube video anonymously, so added screenshots to bug report instead.

• Regarding the video upload, some people create a separate Google account for unlisted videos they post. Just don't use it to play Ingress as well.

• You can publish your youtube video as "unlisted" and share the link here or upload to google drive and share the link here.

Video:

Usually one stickiness last less than 0.5-1 seconds.

Yesterday there was active Missions ongoing and there was much more stickiness compared to today during normal play and fielding.

Samsung S8
    Android 9

• That appears to be phone lag. The touch location itself does not move, which implies that the phone isn't registering your finger movement. If it were directly the app, you'd expect to see the touch dot move ahead of the sparkles.

Thanks for good comments @Perringaiden

Here is another video now with both "Show taps" and "Pointer location" options enabled:

Video:

Video shows that there are stuck after drawing "No Key" command.

Also when drawing "Complex" command for first time the Ingress thick white line is stuck at central Grip point.

Close-up zoom screenshot shows that Complex command is drawn completely but Ingress shows white line only between two first points:

After that I draw "Complex" command again and it and rest of sequence is ok.

Mission was active during recording.

Samsung S8
    Android 9

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

perhaps this is related to the specific phone OP has ?

• This happens to me sometimes when i have too much apps open at the same time and looks like Prime dont have enough free memory to run smootlhy.

Looks like a phone specific problem drawing the screen, but at the same time, if previous versions worked ok, then the problem is the app and not the phone.

edited April 2021

Haven't noticed any stickiness or lag for last three days. Even did 12 part mission banner without any issues.

This must have been phone issue: Perhaps phone was on too long time and it may have caused memory leaks, low memory or performance issues.

One distant possibility may be that NIA did something on server side: For example they changed how server replies to "No Key", "Request Key" or "Complex" commands.

Next time if I see the same issue I will restart the phone: It should "fix" any memory leak etc. problems.

Samsung S8
    Android 9

Post edited by HopeaKotka on