[Feature Request] Reintroduction of Navigate to Portal

Ingress [Redacted] featured a useful navigation option that allowed a player to tap on a portal name in the Comm feed and in the portal’s menu be able to select the Navigate to Portal option. This would save/bookmark/highlight said portal with distance in a small interface on the scanner’s main screen so that the player could navigate to or instantly toggle to said portal for remote viewing.

Comments

• Before the negative reactions pile on in.

This was not:

• Something that provided driving directions.
    • Something that the copy and paste of GPS coordinates replaces.

This was a super useful feature because:

• You could pin a portal and it would give you direction and distance.
    • You didn't need to leave the app to do it.
    • When you were in range, it would open the portal view.
    • When background sound was on you'd hear a sonar ping as you approached.

Applications:

• When doing a mission, you could Navigate to a portal by selecting the next target in the list, then when you arrived it would automatically open the portal, avoiding the need to remember the portal image when there's two mission targets very close together. No mistakes hacking the wrong portal first.
    • When farming by foot, you could navigate to the next portal, put your phone away and talk to other people, and when you arrived, it would tell you you had arrived "Portal In Range", open the portal for you to hack, then you could navigate to the next portal and go back to your conversation. No leaving the app, no over complicated methods.
    • When wanting to view an area, you could jump from portal to portal with Navigate, to allow you to see more of the area even if you didn't have a key.
    • People once had a competition to navigate from one side of a city to another fastest.
    • When working in low or no signal, navigating to a portal would allow you to find the location precisely and with the right amount of accuracy/range before you set up your satellite modem to connect back to the internet.
  • ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭

I feel like with a couple tweaks the drone can function in this realm.

• Yes. Preferably without one move per hour limitation and ability to deploy to portals that appear in Comm, not only nearby in the scanner.

• That works for remote viewing, but none of the other uses.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

Please! I miss navigate to portal functionality at least once a week.

I also really miss the stats screenshot. I love scrolling back through the photo album and seeing my stats in the context of where I was and what I was doing. I miss being able to just take a screenshot and send it to someone. Yes, I can take multiple screenshots and glue them together but it's a pain in the ****.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

I also prevented the screen to swich-off in long walks.