Ingress 2.68.2 Release Notes

What's New

• We added a completed their Agent Training status update to Faction COMM to help Agents welcome new recruits into the fold.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed: Opening Mod Details turned the Layers button on there, as well as on Portal Details.
  • Fixed: Inventory count >2,000 on Capsule Management and Inventory Details was displayed in red, even when C.O.R.E. subscribers had inventory capacity remaining.
  • Fixed: The C.O.R.E. Medal title was missing a period after the E.

Known Issues

• We're still working on fixing COMM so ALERTS open the most recent update first, and COMM doesn't jump back to the oldest update when new updates come in.
  • We've identified what's causing Portal Scans on iOS to softlock the app when choosing Upload Now or Upload Later, and we're working on a fix.

Comments

• ikaros02ikaros02 ✭✭✭✭

Soo the Layers button won't be always visible anymore?

Asking here as well, could you put Optima's name in the Kinetic Challenge medal somewhere?

• edited March 2021

Soo the Layers button won't be always visible anymore?

It's gone from when you open the Mod Details and in Portal Details according to the notes. Given that it's been visible in 2.67.1 in a few other places, I wouldn't say 'anymore'.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian were still waiting for the return of the XM pulse sweep effects.

Removed initially "for performance reasons". However this was a straight out lie, as performance has not changed at all.

The effects not only were aesthetically appealing.

But also adds a lot of immersion to the game

And also forms the basis of the lore of the game.

Therefore it is still regarded as a bug.

And activation of 60FPS for modern Exynos SoCs

• @ikaros02 the Layers button is meant to be visible on Map Screen, Remote Portal View, and Drone Footage (places where you see the map). If it's showing up elsewhere, especially if it's displaying on top of other UI elements, then it's probably an issue we need to resolve.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

The bug fixes also don't mention about the crashes being fixed.

Often no reason, the game just quits. Even just by doing nothing else other than walking down the road.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

another update in the style of "we removed a few old bugs and added a bunch of new ones and, as always, didn't fix comm". however nothing new.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Then I shall annoy him as he's annoying Brian lol

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I have read it, and reject his answer. As benchmarks have proven that the removal for "performance reasons" was a flat out lie.

It is still an essential part of the game that is missing.

@NianticBrian I am trying not to troll here, but these ridiculous comments from self imposed moderators are not acceptable.

I am losing patience with these troll comments that try to turn Ingress into a boring game of join the dots.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭
  • MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

You choosing to ignore his statement is your fault. He stated it would return later on when building the story is central.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

No, I did not say ignore, I said reject.

From evidence that clearly shows that Exynos SoCs are being deliberately throttled in Ingress, when they are very capable of displaying XM Pulse sweep effects and at 60FPS. With negligible hit on the battery

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

There are already topics there, that are ignored even older not even relating to XM pulse sweep.

No

By highlighting the serious issues of repeated removal of in game effects, audio and visual in the most recent thread is likely the only way to raise these concerns on the direction of my favorite game, as Ingress story and strategy are what makes it such an enjoyable game.

Having that enjoyment taken away with audio and visual effects is a serious issue.

I can't go into more into other removed effects due to NDAs, as you can probably understand.

• The lack of a pulsing sweep is hardly a serious issue. I wish it were to return but I also wish things like fact I can’t scan portals with freezing my scanner is more important. The fact portals sometimes never render is more important. The pulsing effect very unimportant then actual functions breaking the game, like keys not loadng when want to link.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@Erifneerg agreed, there are a lot of other much more serious issues to be worked on.

But game performance is also related to these.

Example of portals not loading is more Important than visual and audio effects. That I agree on.

I am Wondering what the hold up on performance fixes is? We have devices capable of running Ingress at 90FPS.

Next gen SoCs yet to be released by Samsung and Qualcomm offer a staggering improvement on game rendering, which should enable games on mobile to run at over 120 fps

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

I'd like to know if new Agent skip tutorial,will this be also shown in comm as an "completed training"?

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

That's quite true.

It is incredibly annoying to have so many outstanding issues. We know the dev team is small and ofer2 has done an amazing job with optimising the server side of things. And am happy to fork out as much money as my budget can support to have Ingress get back to the incredibly awesome state it was prior to the covid-19 pandemic.

Story, effects, community, events etc

@NianticBrian is working awesome to bring back some story and mini events. Hope this continues.

I will wait, but I try to avoid bringing up the performance issue every update, though it may seem that way. I have similar issues with the other Niantic games though these appear to be RWP issues particularly with the communication layer which has a 1 second sync compared to Ingress which has a sub 80 millisecond sync.

• Well, that's strange!!!🤨 It doesn't matter!!

And that's so impressive!!😏

Now, I see a new message is about to began with the updates, which is why I saw a vision of the future about a sneak peek of the upcoming events of Ingress Prime!!

Have fun and have a nice spring break!!😎

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

1.5 months (3 patches) with couple bugfixes (and more bugs) in each. Is this such a "fast paced" development?

Was putting 5* each patch but now thinking about lowering to 4* or less if every "big" improvement is going to take 2+ months, while it took 1-2 weeks in redacted times :/

• Is Jarvis program still named "Ada"?

That's the bugfix I need. And COMM, please.

• I am very glad that my discussion about scanning portals on ios was seen. I hope the problem will disappear soon. Thanks!

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

I just hope the comm finally will be fixed and will not take another 6 months to get it right considering how old this bug is.. but hopefully now after 2 months Core as little extra money income things could speed up little perhaps so it feels that our money affecting development of the game.

What they should also add more stuff in the ingame store, like these NL kit badges for those that only want buy the badge and support the game at same time, i mean cant be that hard throw in those into their own store and get some extra money on those since there is demand afterall..