2021 NL-1331 Birthday Kit only for sale in USA ?

Comments

• vedorianvedorian ✭✭✭

Sold out in less than ten minutes. Absolutely ridiculous. Good job Niantic in screwing things up again.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

insane.. 600 packs sold out in less then 10 minutes.. yikes

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

No actual announcement?

Uh, what was the thought process on that one?

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you need an announcement for, when you know it's going to sell out no matter what?

Niantic is just dumping leftover stock. Making a big announcement would have just made more people disappointed.

• I really hope so the same, since kits sold out in 10 minutes :(

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
  • NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

These must have been scooped up by a bot for flipping on eBay. Niantic should know better, since Covid hit this is the new game stores have to play.

Edit i stand corrected, a large EU group order of 325 wiped the stock out.

Post edited by Nysyr on
  • noregarddnoregardd ✭✭✭

There is no announcements for the sale, I guess communication here is bad from Niantic to agent, or Brand fuel to agent or maybe Niantic to Brand fuel also? I was up entire night here due to different timezone to refreshing the page, aaaand the pack stock is gone in minutes lol.

I really hope there is digital version of this NL pack on Ingress store. I am sure it will be huge in sale for sure. Or, make it on another store with bigger number, Please @NianticBrian. Thank you

• @NianticBrian , I'm from Florida!!!

And my 30th anniversary birthday celebration was actually September 7th, 2021!!

Cause I'm almost turned into 30 years old and that was the 30th anniversary magical celebration of MY birthday party, since 1991!!!! And that's why I saw a vision of the future about a sneak peek of Ingress Prime's upcoming events!!!

So, thanks!!😘

• What a BUMMER. I'd say I was disappointed, but you'd have to be a complete fkn moron at this point to expect Niantic WOULDN'T do it this way.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

What did y'all expect from Niantic? I haven't even tried to buy the pack. After such a poor decision of making 600 stock, there should be another terrible decision of not making more packs, so that Niantic stays very Niantic.

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

Bad..They sold the moment I gave up..

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

There were 600 units only? I mean, are they hand-made or something? I don't even know companies at my place printing companies allowing you to order less than 1K units of a model!

I don't know about production times, but these kind of problems have been solved years ago by pre-ordering.

• VasatiVasati ✭✭✭

How do you know this? Are you in contact with someone at Ninatic or someone behind the production of the kits? Even if there were only x number of the character cards from 2019, there's still zero excuse to only have 600 kits. They could still sell the sticker sheet, the pins, the patches and the retro VR load out cards, along with the recent NL-1331 2021 fleet card and medal code.

Don't cover for Ninatic dropping the ball on this loot release. You aren't going to get any brownie points for doing so.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

It was mentioned by Brian I think, like a year ago, that they had a bunch of extra swag packs.

I didn't realize until now, that it was likely the NL1331 swag paks

• KonnTowerKonnTower ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't even know this was coming out, looks like it's sold out too. No indication of being unavailable, just no button to buy. Pretty trash handling of the situation.

• Traken22Traken22 ✭✭
    edited March 2021

The "blackmarket" price for these set's will be enourmes. I just do not understand why they don't team up with companies that do this for a living and have them to run a merchandise site for Niantic? it seems that it is not "core business" for Niantic run a site with merchandise. Okay... then it make as a franchise and get some cash from that. I know firm's that can and will do this... Get going and have the cash flow in without doing anything else than provide the graphic file for it and decide if it sould be a pin, a sticker, a patch or whatever....

Edit: Got caught in the word filtering :-)