portal nomination quota

phthoruthphthoruth ✭✭✭✭

Could you increase the number of portals we can submit?

Currently we get 14 nominations in 2 weeks.

I suggest making it a feature of C.O.R.E. to have 2x more nomination credits while the core subscription is in effect.

Tagged:

Comments

• I'd prefer a merit based system

If you submit good portals, you get to submit more portals. If you submit bad ones, you have to be more careful about what you submit because you have less to use.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

Given the state of Wayfarer right now most things that you submit are going to lounge about in the queue for a very long time unless you've applied an upgrade to them. Niantic probably needs to get more reviewers engaged with the system before they can make more submissions avilable.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got an email yesterday from Niantic about wayfarer. Have I used it, how much, why not anymore, etc.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

I did too. Interestingly, the survey that I got as an Ingress player was very different from the one Pokemon Go players got. The Ingress survey didn't have questions about how Wayfarer works and how to improve it.

I only got the ingress one, haven't played PoGo much at all lately. My main response was that I felt like my time would be better spent helping areas with little to no portal density become more playable than trying to find ways to get the 900th PoGo stop in a single city block.

• The bootstrap problem is likely always going to be a problem, but the Wayfarer system definitely prioritizes reviewing portals in low density places for Great reviewers.

The issue is how to get submissions from areas with no POIs already.

That's part of why being able to bank a quota would help. The ability to save up a bunch of submissions, then go to an area and submit 100 portals in a place with none, makes the trip worth it. Only being able to submit 14 and then only if you've done nothing for two weeks, not so much.

At the simplest form, changing it so that you get a credit each day (14 for 14 days), and allowing you to bank up to 100 or 200, would help incentivize submission trips.

I agree. I work on the road in the utility industry, putting me in really random small towns all throughout the Pacific Northwest. I've burned through my nominations in those towns several times. Would love to help more, while I'm there, even a way to remotely add them beyond the current restrictions would be helpful.

• Being able to queue submissions would be ideal. I don't mind waiting two weeks to replenish a submission, but if I'm at a remote spot for a short period then I'd rather put in the submission then and there and have it automatically push once a new submission opens up.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

I'm aware of PoGo groups who will spoof-submit (and review, I think) things in low-density areas upon request in order to solve the bootstrapping problem. While I can't condone the multiple types of cheating involved in doing this I can find a grudging respect for the ingenuity in addressing the problem.

• I actually have zero respect for these, because I've come across plenty of submissions in areas with no portals, where it's clear that the images were taken from Google Street View or the like.

Don't respect spoofers for any reason. It's no better than "I'm just spoofing to fix the actions of spoofers".

• phthoruthphthoruth ✭✭✭✭

I'm not proposing a merit system.. that's complex and problematic.

Just proposing an increase in quota for ingress players.

It shouldn't be too problematic if you restrict it to level 16 players with core subscription

• phthoruthphthoruth ✭✭✭✭

Allowing spoofing and fake photos is not being proposed.

This issue is more common with pogo. I suggest keeping pogo quota the same.

If they want to submit more they can play ingress