Player run shard battles

GoonieGuyGoonieGuy ✭✭✭

Create a new items that can be placed anywhere. Spawns a shard portal at the location. Once it is filled with 4 ENL 8's and 4 RES 8's it spawns a shard. And 4 capture points randomly in that cell (2 for each faction).

For every shard scored you get a certain amount of MU for your cell.

Each time a shard is captured, any links connected to the shard portal drop. You could make it where the shard portal has to be reactivated with resonators as well.

Comms messages to the cell it was placed in and neighboring cells could get more interaction between agents as well.

Could be a paid item too.

Comments

• VAINVAIN ✭✭✭✭

Always wanted to see a build your own shards event kit for IFS or as a different game play type for local cells.

In my mind I always imagined this working for IFS if Shards and Target/Research Node ornaments were sold in similar format to beacons. Event POCs could light up target ornaments and then spawn in a few shards which would only live for a few hours, scoring could either be manual or tied directly to a number display on the shard each time it passes a target/node? Just a wild idea anyway.

Where as for local cells I would love to see the shard game take the place of MU during every few cycles. I think having a few different formats would keep things fresh but understand MU would likely still need to continue counting or it would reap havock on global, perhaps the shard game play could be an additional game play type running side by side?

Niantic we just want more shards obviously. 😘

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

What about lv 1 and 2shards only, that cannot leave you cell?

• GoonieGuyGoonieGuy ✭✭✭

great ideas! love the idea of being able to create an event on a smaller scale than the entire cell to make it friendly to IFS.

I was thinking for the cell type shard battle, just adding more MU for each cap so the cell scores still matter as well. Maybe a percentage base or a multiplier for the rest of the cycle?

Maybe the power of the shard portal is based off the level of the portal, so level 1 portal is a small area and gets larger up to level 8 shard portal encompassing multiple cells?

• Was just talking about this exact idea with other agents at the Chicago Anomaly! I fully support the idea of small scale, player run shard game. I would even support it as a monetized item. The community needs more options for competition, the MU game gets stale/boring.

• ntzzntzz ✭✭✭

Shards Battles!!!

Soon in your city!

💖 I will love to see tons of thems 💖

• Such a great idea.

• Hey @Lorcik,

I know this post is getting old, however your IITC script for shards looks interesting. Someone on Reddit was also looking for one: https://www.reddit.com/r/IITC/comments/e8u0w1/automated_mini_shard_plug_in/ . Is there any way you could send it?