Wayfarer penalties!

Unfortunately, as there are more pokemon players than ingress players, the ratings of those we reviewed well go down and those who accept these **** go up...

Here are some examples ... they should separate the reviews or sanction the agents with ridiculous proposals ... It is not fair that the agents of ingress prefer quality and the trainers of PoGo quantity (only for gyms) ...

@NianticBrian @NianticAndres

Tagged:

Comments

• This is not the forum for Wayfarer discussions. You would be best served by posting on the Wayfarer forum here: https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/

• @invazorZim A Wayfarer bro XD

• Thanks for dropping in, @invazorZim! Please reach out to our Wayfarer community team through this link (https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/) and create a new discussion in the appropriate category. We'll take it from there!

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, look, another post about abuse not being punished!

So fast to tell the lad he got into the wrong forum, I'd like to see sactions this fast.

• liyu1liyu1 ✭✭✭

They lost me as reviewer since unjustified being dropped to red twice (forever silver recon badge). it's almost a year since i've done my last review and now i don't bother anymore.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree, in my time it seems the Pokemonners really dislike Ingress players due to us being seen as gatekeepers on their submissions.

Put me off doing wayfarer due to the massive amount of junk, downvoting it, getting slapped by the review system because I disagreed that a **** in someones front yard wasn't a good poi and then seeing it go live :(

Probably doesn't help Ingress player numbers either.

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

As always, ingress players love to moan about pokemon go players as if ingress players didn't also submit dross. There's a literal toilet that was submitted and accepted before pokemon go came round. The amount of stuff that is either on a school or is a school that I've had to get removed is amazing, again, all ingress, and the amount of stuff well put of place that I've had to go fix, again, all ingress. But yes, its only pokemon go submissions that are bad

• I would say it's less about the claim that "Ingress players never submit bad POIs" (which I agree isn't true) and more to do with the sheer difference in numbers between the two games, coupled with a Pokemon Go player's need to fill as much space as possible with POIs.

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did some quick calculation based on the number of active players and there are 125 active PoGo players for every 1 Ingress player. Of course there is some overlap and what not, but that's generally what we are looking at.

Not every PoGo player submits, but the sheer number of them outweighs Ingress by far regardless. Niantic's lack of education and moderation means absolute trash gets constantly submitted and accepted!

Yes there was a lot of poor submissions done in Ingress, but it's important to note that there were many that were seeded, accepted by Niantic or nominated without criteria. Unfortunately we don't know when things went live so we can't say what the rules should have been, we can agree now that they shouldn't exist (eg. on a school ground), but back then the rule may not have existed. The difference now is PoGo started with Ingress's wealth of criteria, guidelines and AMA information, but very few of the submitters took the time to read the information and instead most just submitted whatever with complete disregard - hence the moaning of how bad things are (plus Niantic's apathetic attitude towards maintaing Wayfarer is another nail in the coffin).

• Posting in Wayfarer gets piled on by a bunch of Pokebros who think "anything's a portal if you cheat hard enough".

• That problem has been solved. I'm out of the red and have "great" status for several months now, and I don't hear any complaints from other reviewers (only complaints about cooldown).

• liyu1liyu1 ✭✭✭

i rather spend my time on the field then just reviewing portals.

• Excellent Quality POIs. Thanks to the PoGo players.

Fake and trash "drawing" on light pole is their favorite ones.