I can't play, there are no portals 100km around

Is there a method to nominate portals at lvl 1?

I can't level up because there are no portals here,

and i can't nominate portals either because i don't have enough level.

Tagged:

Comments

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly no. Niantic logic: if no one played there 8 years ago, them no one can. I'm gonna say it again, Niantic need to rework how this work for areas with nothing.

Your best choice is to travel to densely populated area with lots of portals and reach lv10 as fast as you can. Since you have no experience, will probably take many days. Or just play pokemon, adding a lot of friends around the world to lv up by friendship. Will also take at least 2 months, but you can do from home.

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

No, there is no way to nominate portals at your level.

I have often criticised Niantic for not realising that the people who most need to be able to nominate are the least able to do so, but sadly this has fallen on deaf ears.

Your best bet would be to find a visiting high level Pokemon Go player who could nominate locations for you (Pokemon Go and Ingress share the same location database). I recommend you look for a Pokemon Go Facebook group in your area, or try a post on The Silph Road reddit asking for someone who visits your area

• The accepted method is ask on COMM if there's anyone in the area, and check Intel for players. Then asking them to help out.

What general area are you in?

• There is actually a way to get something to become a portal, but only in USA, and you don't even need to play any Niantic Game.

Or at least, it used to work on the first years of Ingress.

The first points of interest where taken from databases, I just don't remember the name "national historical sites database"???... If you can add something to that database, it's supposed to become a portal.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

or try search for facebook groups in your town for pokemon go, maybe some high lvl player close can nominate some worthy portals if there are some where u live? otherwise i dont know..... This is a problem for areas with zero portals a new player cant submit, cant do nothing until meets certain lvl but is kinda impossible u have 0 portals where u live it sucks...

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't work. They stopped using it, and eve removed all pictures.

• That was a one off seeding. They took a dump from HMDB and a bunch of other databases, and they took a selection of Panoramio pictures. None of that is used any more.

The Panoramio pictures were all removed, because they were linked to Panoramio, which was shut down and taken offline some years ago.