[Bug Fix Request] Tunnels are not a priority for the map.

This is something that's bugged me for some time, but really came to the fore walking around Boston this past weekend.

No-one plays Ingress in a tunnel.

Yet, the most prominent and overriding feature of the Ingress client map, are tunnels. They will override even the surface roads that cross them.

This is the Intel map (with as many portals hidden as I can do). You can see the light gray tunnels running under the major streets. The teal roads are the ramps in and out of the tunnels.

This is OpenStreetMap where Ingress draws its base map from. The pink is the tunnels, and the red are the ramps leading to them.

And here is the Ingress street map. As you can see, the grey tunnels are dominating the landscape hiding roads that they pass underneath, and giving the impression that other roads do not continue when they clearly do.

As someone using Ingress to explore a new city, this is extremely frustrating as I basically have to walk down a road and hope that it goes where I want, because the tunnel is completely obscuring any changes in the roads.

This is not "Adventures on Foot" level quality.

@NianticBrian @ace

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

hah interesting i would have never payed attention to this,, yes who plays ingress in a tunnel ? not me...