Scout Controller details on the Intel Map?

Are there plans to add this to the intel map? Would love to be able to plan a route in a new area, especially if the controller numbers are high on any given portals and could plan to avoid some and not miss others. I'd be okay just knowing if a controller exists and what the current number is at.

Tagged:

Comments

• drh4kordrh4kor ✭✭
    edited October 2020

What gives, right? I agree that it would facilitate tracking POIs that needed to be scanned or re-scanned. +1

@GPC2C What is your opinion, if I may ask, sir? With so much work that is put into scanning, would it not be a great way to promote scanning and add more bragging rights to incite players to scan their local portals. Even if the portal is not captured, the controller's handle should be showcased! Thanks for all you do for the love-of-the-game and thanks to your teams. #shipit

• Give me Uniques first! Or both at the same time.

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be nice to see the scout controller status and the number of days since it was claimed through intel, but that type of info could lead to a new generation of guardian hunting as people would no doubt create scripts to scrape portal data to create their own maps and such.

I'm at over 1,400 unique scouts controlled, and have been meticulously marking on a map which areas I have been to so I know what needs to be scanned still.

What I would really like to see is a "Unique Scouts Controlled" stat in the NOW tab of your profile. I know I have lost a few to others, but it would be good to see that metric in there just for personal reference.

• hiryuhiryu ✭✭✭

It would be great to see it on the map, but it would also be great to see it on the portal. Currently you have no way of knowing how many scans you'll actually need, i.e., how many of the current controller's scans were in the last 30 days. For example, it might say that the current controller has 6 scans, but if they were all a month ago then you can get it with 1 scan.

It would also be really good to know if I have already had Scout Controller for a portal in the past (in the case where someone else took it over), but as previous posters have said, this is true for all of the "unique" stats.

• I was thinking about Scout and Scout Controller and how awesome it would be to see on the intel which portals are unclaimed. Before i was starting a new thread and used the search, so i hope this doesn´t feel like grave diggin´.

At the moment it is very easy to get all the scout controller points that i need to get the badge counting further and have the possible scans on cooldown so it doesn´t feel like a waste of possibilites. But now i´m getting hard to my limit for remembering which portal did i scan when, so i´m willed to take some distance on my tap for exploring new cities and collect uniques.

I would be pretty upset, if another agent would have been very diligent and the minimum scan for controller would be 3 or even higher. Like the OT said i´d appreciate to have a chance on see the controller standing on the intel to prepare better routes for maximising my efforts.