Time to look into those that skirt the rules

With COVID-19 causing many regions of the planet to be on lockdown maybe this would be the perfect time for Niantic to figure out who are the good and bad agents out there. I’m in Florida and there is a state-wide stay at home order as of two hours ago but there are still agents traveling around the state playing.

p.s. insomnia sucks

Comments

• Apparently I misread the order and it doesn’t start until tomorrow night.

You are right that the local authorities should deal with that but it’s akin to trespassing. Even if it is the responsibility of the local authorities to enforce it is still against the rules of the game to trespass. If the government says that you shouldn’t leave your home without good reason, and playing Ingress is not a good reason, then Niantic could use that information to scrutinize agents that are going around that.

I guess I’m tired of trying to play honestly when others dip way into the grey areas and Niantic doesn’t seem to care.

• You are right and I won’t be able to create an argument that really conveys what I’m trying to get across as it just seems like my petty frustrations. Even with detailed information NIA doesn’t seem to curtail bad actors. Just drags down the joy in this game. Thanks for your insights.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I have an essential worker designation and do a fair amount of travel in our area, even during our current lockdown. Am I out hitting it hardcore, no, but I'm definitely not going to pass up the opportunity to take down some easy fields or throw them myself.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Stay at home order doesn't go into effect until midnight tonight.