Drones nerf makes it pointless

MagusOfTACMagusOfTAC ✭✭
edited June 2020 in General

First off, I am all for restrictions to this feature, but come on... either no keys or restricted hacking, not both. As a useful feature, its double nerf makes it pointless, and as a social distancing way to play it makes it useless.

Im hoping 'mark I' implys that this is just a test.

Please, Niantic... being last on your COVID roadmap hurts enough, but this is just a slap to the face in comparison to what you've given your other games.

Don't we deserve better?

Comments

• Agreed.

When I eventually return to work (off sick due to chemo side effects), I'll be on night shifts, so having the drone will be helpful in keeping my sojourner streak going without having to go out of my way to hack a portal going to/from work.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I definitely agree that Niantic has done little to make this game a little more playable during this ongoing pandemic. I think the drone is a neat addition, though it would be nice if there was a medal to go with it. Otherwise, game is pretty damn stale compared to pogo/hpwu currently...

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Keys are one of the most important items in the game and you want to obtain it by officially spoofing?

The current drone is already too much. There is 3 things drones can never do: farm keys, do damage and stablish links.

We already can: hack for gear, keep sojourner, increase 2 badges, recon far away areas (edits and reports) and the best of all: race against our friends.

The current limitations prevent that drones became a main form of gear output, with the maximum of 24 hacks a day without na proper sleep time it isn't na gamebreaker (I can do this is 10 minutes).

• TsumomoTsumomo ✭✭✭

NIA have neglected their player base for a while now. The drone is a step in the right direction. I think it's a welcome addition.

• Drone was/is just meant to save your Sojourner medal. And if you see it that way, it's a great addition, not just for Covid-19, but in other situations as well.

• the fact that you can still recharge to keep your Sojouner streak alive is what really makes the drone pointless

• I’m going to test this out once I empty my full inventory

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Also maybe the reason ingress was last to get the COVID-19 features is because they were making sure they worked. When I tried to use the remote raid pass in PoGo the game softlocked when I completed the raid battle and I had to restart. The last thing we want in any game is new features that don’t work at all.

• Update: I tried the remote raid pass again and the problem is fixed